DCL Pool Safety

joanna71985

I steer clear of the pools during the day. If I feel like swimming (which I usually don't), I swim in the evening or first thing in the morning

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
@Gabe1 , most cruise ships aren't registered in the US so I'm not real clear on capacity regulations and the finite details. I imagine there's a bit of gray area.

@englanddg , there's been a lot more info out since these threads started around the time of Chase's accident. His parents were right there. It was a tragic accident in every way. Seriously. But, you know, I guess each parent has to be comfortable with where they take their kids. That amount of people in such a small space makes me cringe. I wouldn't have ever gone there with my boys for the crowded feel alone. Then there's what appears like a crazy chaos of children. My nerves would've been shot. I'm way laid back now but there was a time when I was like OCD particular about maintaining order with my boys. Poor dears never got to play in dirt & mud which I regret now. But then, it was too much to wrap my brain around. LOL!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@Gabe1 , most cruise ships aren't registered in the US so I'm not real clear on capacity regulations and the finite details. I imagine there's a bit of gray area.

@englanddg , there's been a lot more info out since these threads started around the time of Chase's accident. His parents were right there. It was a tragic accident in every way. Seriously. But, you know, I guess each parent has to be comfortable with where they take their kids. That amount of people in such a small space makes me cringe. I wouldn't have ever gone there with my boys for the crowded feel alone. Then there's what appears like a crazy chaos of children. My nerves would've been shot. I'm way laid back now but there was a time when I was like OCD particular about maintaining order with my boys. Poor dears never got to play in dirt & mud which I regret now. But then, it was too much to wrap my brain around. LOL!

@sweetpee - I followed the story when it happened. Certainly the immediate backlash against his parents was unwarranted. I know they were close by, and wasn't referring to him specifically in my post.

I hope the kid pulls through.

My point was simply that, me personally, I would be in the water with the kid (not that Chase's parents did anything wrong...what really gets me with that whole situation is how obtuse people can be...how could no one notice?). It's more that I don't trust my kid's ability not to panic and get in over her head (literally) than I am concerned about others.

However, based on some descriptions I've seen about how those on board pools can turn into zoos...I really can't say what I'd do, as I've not yet experienced them.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Yeah, I realize most cruise ships and for that matter cargo ships don't fly a US Flag. Actually the one cruiser that does Fly a US flag does have lifeguards. I am accustomed to seeing posted capacities in waterparks, restaurants, bars, guest rooms. I just don't know if all that goes out the window at sea because there is virtually little to no liability for the corporations at sea. I'd guess there is a capacity for guest rooms because that is a Ka-Ching, lifeguards a more frivolous expenditure and zip Ka-Ching.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom