DCL could sail from England as early as May 17!

ToTBellHop

I think they were asked to take it down as they have good links to Disney, looks like a travel agent published the info early. Assume the official announcement is coming soon.
Yes. That’s why all I said is that they’re “certainly not sailing from Europe in May” ;)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 8.09.53 AM.png

nickys

Premium Member
No mention of a vaccine requirement?

I’m just surprised because I would have thought that’s why they went UK-only: they’re vaccinating well there.

It is both going well and not going well. More than half of adults have had one jab but the decided to postpone jab #2 to 10-12 weeks after. And now we’re in a vaccine battle with the EU so it might be we don’t have enough to do the second jabs.

Which would put us back to starting from scratch again I guess, other than the 80+ (maybe 75+) and healthcare workers.

Also the government have made ot clear they will not look at proof of vaccine until all adults are done. I got an info card with a space to put down the date I should have my second one done by, but it isn’t stamped or dated or signed to say I had one. The database is updated but we have no way to access it. So we have nothing to prove we’ve been vaccinated. Not sure if we get something after the second jab.

But there are no U.K. guidelines yet for cruising so I don’t see how they can start selling next week.

ToTBellHop

It is both going well and not going well. More than half of adults have had one jab but the decided to postpone jab #2 to 10-12 weeks after. And now we’re in a vaccine battle with the EU so it might be we don’t have enough to do the second jabs.

Which would put us back to starting from scratch again I guess, other than the 80+ (maybe 75+) and healthcare workers.

Also the government have made ot clear they will not look at proof of vaccine until all adults are done. I got an info card with a space to put down the date I should have my second one done by, but it isn’t stamped or dated or signed to say I had one. The database is updated but we have no way to access it. So we have nothing to prove we’ve been vaccinated. Not sure if we get something after the second jab.

But there are no U.K. guidelines yet for cruising so I don’t see how they can start selling next week.
Eek.

To be fair, they can sell whatever they want, regardless of whether it will sail. You can still book summer 2021 sailings from Canaveral that will never sail. I think Disney would be wiser to sail from Nassau to Castaway. Just require vaccines or PCR test to sail and provide PCR tests 72 hours out from return so people can fly home. Plenty of Americans would go for that.

nickys

Premium Member
Eek.

To be fair, they can sell whatever they want, regardless of whether it will sail. You can still book summer 2021 sailings from Canaveral that will never sail. I think Disney would be wiser to sail from Nassau to Castaway. Just require vaccines or PCR test to sail and provide PCR tests 72 hours out from return so people can fly home. Plenty of Americans would go for that.
The Bahamas are insisting on:

PCR test less than 72 hours before arrival
and
Lateral flow test on arrival

ToTBellHop

The Bahamas are insisting on:

PCR test less than 72 hours before arrival
and
Lateral flow test on arrival
What is a lateral flow test?

Sounds like a royal pain to travel internationally this year. That’s why we pushed off our Europe trip another year. Again.

nickys

Premium Member
What is a lateral flow test?

Sounds like a royal pain to travel internationally this year. That’s why we pushed off our Europe trip another year. Again.
It’s the quick test that gives results in 30 minutes. Not as accurate but less expensive.

I do them twice a week at home. It’s voluntary for school staff and senior pupils (15+) here. In England I believe all school kids of 11+ are doing them (ours aren’t back in school full time yet).

SD449

@marni1971 any insider info on these or when we can book outside of “April”

seems strange how the other main lines have released yet disney is keeping quiet

rcl releasing theirs to sell tomorrow and would like to know if we should wait for Disney

cjkeating

@marni1971 any insider info on these or when we can book outside of “April”

seems strange how the other main lines have released yet disney is keeping quiet

rcl releasing theirs to sell tomorrow and would like to know if we should wait for Disney
At a guess they are waiting for confirmation from the Government that these can go ahead. I think an update is coming about travel (which I think this falls under) on April 12th.

nickys

Premium Member

No prices?

So we’re supposed to call to book without knowing how much it’s going to cost?

As a marker, I think it’s RCL that have priced the same U.K. staycation cruises at around £400 per person for a 2 night cruise. Disney will I assume add 50% to the cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom