DCL could sail from England as early as May 17!

KeithVH

Power of positive thinking? Maybe only if Mazloum had a secret confab with Chappie. Yeah, I know, I'm being negative again . . .

ChuckElias

Original Poster
It does say that's the soonest they could do it. But even if it's August, it'll be great to see sailings and see if they can really do it safely. I'm going to guess that they'll require proof of vaccination, so it should be safe. (Power of positive thinking!)

ToTBellHop

It does say that's the soonest they could do it. But even if it's August, it'll be great to see sailings and see if they can really do it safely. I'm going to guess that they'll require proof of vaccination, so it should be safe. (Power of positive thinking!)
Sure...but by that point, they may prefer to just sail from FL since risk of spread is reduced if they just to to Castaway Cay and, perhaps, Nassau.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Sure...but by that point, they may prefer to just sail from FL since risk of spread is reduced if they just to to Castaway Cay and, perhaps, Nassau.
Two problems there: 1) There's no encouraging signs that the US will be allowing cruises by August. And 2) when sailing from the US does resume, DCL has given indications that the Dream will be the ship that they'll start with.

Having said that, I'm done trying to predict what will happen in the cruise industry. I've been loud wrong on every prediction since the summer.

ToTBellHop

Two problems there: 1) There's no encouraging signs that the US will be allowing cruises by August. And 2) when sailing from the US does resume, DCL has given indications that the Dream will be the ship that they'll start with.

Having said that, I'm done trying to predict what will happen in the cruise industry. I've been loud wrong on every prediction since the summer.
I just think this idea of having ships leave from the U.K. and actually go anywhere else in Europe, which is far behind the US and U.K. in terms of vaccination, are unreasonable. They could go from London to Edinburgh, I guess. Would people pay for that?

ToTBellHop

I've already made it clear that I'd pay 100 bucks just to get onboard and have dinner then go home. So I know I would pay for Dover-to-Edinburgh. I have no doubt a lot of people feel the same way.
Perhaps, but I’m not sure when you have the likes of Greece and Cyprus also competing for vaccinated Britons. I imagine actually leaving the U.K. would be preferable this summer? And mainland Europe cruises are likely impossible.

cjkeating

Interesting that tweet has been deleted, but the original tweeter is usually spot on with their info.
I think they were asked to take it down as they have good links to Disney, looks like a travel agent published the info early. Assume the official announcement is coming soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom