DCL check-in @ MCO..where???

Disneyfalcon

We're booked on the Dream in September. We'll be staying at the Contemporary for 5 days before the cruise. Can check in at the Resort prior to the Cruise? We're using the ME from the Resort to the Port as well. Thanks.

No you can't. You'll have to check in at the port. Have fun! :)

ncstate7991

I would never tell someone to book a category they won't be happy in, in the hopes that they can upgrade in the port because there are many many sailings where there is nothing available. But if you've got a little extra cash and want to try, do it!

You could score a great deal! :)

Fortunately, we booked the cheapest balcony I could find (navigator verandah?). I think we will be more than happy with it, so if a reaonsably priced upgrade presents itself, it will be icing on the castle cake. Did I just say castle cake ... please forgive me for ever mentioning that thing :)

ncstate7991

Also, THANK YOU for the pictures. That is a big help. Especially the "arrow" picture. Can this thread now disappear so we can keep the upgrade/supervisor desk a secret?!?!

ncstate7991

I've upgraded to a verandah once, and we've asked a few times. For Alaska we tried, but we couldn't get there early (we barely got there at all :)) and they were out. For a Caribbean cruise we asked and were tempted by an upgrade to a one bedroom, but we didnt. Two other cruises we've asked and there were none available.

I'm definitely hoping to upgrade in September.

Kelly described it very well. If you look at what category you are assigned to now and what you would like to go to you can get a rough idea of price.

The upgrade price is determined by the difference in cost between those two categories. You will usually pay between 30%-50% of the price difference. There is often even a bigger discount for concierge.

I would never tell someone to book a category they won't be happy in, in the hopes that they can upgrade in the port because there are many many sailings where there is nothing available. But if you've got a little extra cash and want to try, do it!

You could score a great deal! :)

Did you have any luck getting an upgrade in September (fingers crossed that you did)?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Did you have any luck getting an upgrade in September (fingers crossed that you did)?

Our check-in at the port went smooth and we were on the first bus over to the port from the airport as planned. There was, however, a hitch. For whatever reason (I don't know), the bus didn't leave as early as it "normally" does and we were by far NOT the first bunch of folks in the port terminal. We dashed straight for the Supervisor's Desk and stood in a line 5 families deep for at least half an hour. Aaaaand, we were able to upgrade to a 1-bedroom suite for $720...making our total cruise fare (excluding extras, bar drinks, tips, excursions, etc.) about $1500 + or - a few bucks. Not bad at all! :D

TDF

A couple of questions what’s the odds of getting an upgrade for an August cruise? Usually August isn’t the best to cruise the Eastern Caribbean like we are and was wondering if we are more likely of possibly getting an upgrade. If we are just coming in from a flight is the best thing to do go straight to the port or possibly get DME from their? We don’t plan on using DME so I assumed I answered my own question to just go to the port. Thank you. :)
- Justin

Disneyfalcon

A couple of questions what’s the odds of getting an upgrade for an August cruise? Usually August isn’t the best to cruise the Eastern Caribbean like we are and was wondering if we are more likely of possibly getting an upgrade. If we are just coming in from a flight is the best thing to do go straight to the port or possibly get DME from their? We don’t plan on using DME so I assumed I answered my own question to just go to the port. Thank you. :)
- Justin

Hi Justin! Since you're going later in August you've got a decent chance. If you're coming in that day, go straight to the port, like you said. :) Disney transfers will get you there as quickly as any other options. They're $70 each round trip.

TDF

Hi Justin! Since you're going later in August you've got a decent chance. If you're coming in that day, go straight to the port, like you said. :) Disney transfers will get you there as quickly as any other options. They're $70 each round trip.
We’ll probably take a cab or car device… don’t ask it’s my dad. Anyway, thanks for the the info. Not sure what room we should ask for to get since our family is large and my brother and I can’t share a bed. Any suggestions?

Disneyfalcon

We’ll probably take a cab or car device… don’t ask it’s my dad. Anyway, thanks for the the info. Not sure what room we should ask for to get since our family is large and my brother and I can’t share a bed. Any suggestions?

That's fine! There are lots of ways to get there! :)

Since you don't want to share a bed there aren't too many upgrade options, but really I think the only thing you would want to upgrade to would be concierge. There are some slightly bigger staterooms, but there's not enough extra space to make it worth it since you're only two to a room right now. But concierge might be worth it! They have slightly bigger rooms, one bedroom and of course the Royal suite. :D

TDF

That's fine! There are lots of ways to get there! :)

Since you don't want to share a bed there aren't too many upgrade options, but really I think the only thing you would want to upgrade to would be concierge. There are some slightly bigger staterooms, but there's not enough extra space to make it worth it since you're only two to a room right now. But concierge might be worth it! They have slightly bigger rooms, one bedroom and of course the Royal suite. :D

Hey even if we can get the family suites for lets say the price of one that’s great two. Concierge level sounds nice and is right up my dads alley. I think we can possibly make the One bedroom work but that Royal Suite is to die for! We’ll just have to see in ten months, ROFL. :)

Disneyfalcon

Hey even if we can get the family suites for lets say the price of one that’s great two. Concierge level sounds nice and is right up my dads alley. I think we can possibly make the One bedroom work but that Royal Suite is to die for! We’ll just have to see in ten months, ROFL. :)

I agree! To die for! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom