Day by Day planning

ELIZABETHsandoz

This is it my first trip to Disney World, Im sooo excited.
Dates are Wed 11-28 thru Sat Dec 1 - I have two kids boy 4 girl 6 have all the notes on bkfst with cindy will shoot for that. But need a day by day program since my time is short and kids need controls. Any ideas?

Love this site Im reading lots.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How many full days at the parks do you have? Do you want to do just the 4 main parks or water parks aswell?

Congrats on your first trip!! :) You will have a great time!!!!! :D

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
That is around the time we usually go down but we go down for a full two weeks.

Here is the Early Morning program:
Magic Kingdom: Monday, Thursday, Saturday
Epcot: Tuesday, Friday
Disney Studios: Sunday, Wednesday
Animal Kingdom: No Early Morning

What hotel are you staying at? Is it a Disney owned resort? Do you plan to visit Downtown Disney or other places? I'll try to make a plan for you but in order to do so I need some more info. Put as much as you can. THANK YOU!

Upvote 0

ELIZABETHsandoz

Original Poster
Full days at the park are Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat
Here is what im thinking but the parade and fireworks schedule are unknown so that factors in.

Wed: Im shooting for a ps with "cindy as you all refer to it as" got all the tip and have two friends who will dial up with me.

Mk all day wed - what first or how around the park unknown at this time.

Thur - Animal kingdom shooting for ps with donald at restarauntisours (spelling) again no idea how to navigate park and consider new 100 year anniv. parades.

Fri - MGM

Sat - back to mk and maybe dinner a chef mickeys

we are staying at the all star movies - will have our own car driving from virgina.

ok that was alot - now you guys give me your best advice. thanks

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Response

11/28 (Wednesday):
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table
MK: Fantasyland (Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, etc.)
Lunch: Pinocchio's Village Haus
MK: Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern
SPECTROMAGIC
Fantasy in the Sky

11/29 (Thursday): Get here early!
Breakfast: Donald's Breakfastosaurus
AK: Kilimanjaro Safaris (run to get here or you'll have a long wait)
DINOSAUR, Kali River Rapids
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
AK: Festival of the Lion King, Conservation Station
Dinner: Rain Forest Cafe
(The park isn't really hard to navigate. The park takes about less then a day to do.)

11/30 (Friday):
Breakfast: Hollywood & Vine Character Breakfast
MGM: Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage, Muppet Vision 3-D,
The Great Movie Ride, Star Tours
Lunch: Backlot Express
Disney Stars & Motor Cars Parade
MGM: Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Play It!, Indiana Jones,
Backlot Express, Magic of Disney Animation, Voyage of the
Little Mermaid, etc..
Dinner: 50's Prime Time (Have Fun!! :D )
FANTASMIC!

12/1 (Saturday):
Breakfast: Tony's Town Square Restaurant
MK: Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Big Thunder (How tall are the kids?)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Carousel of Progress,
Mickey's Toontown Fair
Lunch: Crystal Palace
Share a Dream Come True Parade
MK: Country Bears, Revisit favorites
Dinner: Chef Mickey's

What?! No Epcot or Downtown Disney! Okay, I guess.

Have a good time! :)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

[

Well we stayed athe all star movies as well. You will love it. Advice on the parks. I would find out when eride nights are on MK and then u can do the main rides they have there. That will save u alot of time on that park. But that dont announce the dates till the end of november.

AK: Get there as it opens and head to the saffari. Work ur way through Asia after that. Then the tree, and then through Dinoland. The camp Mickey. Take your time at the park and just enjoy the beauty.

MGM: Head straight to RnR and get a fastpass then go get in line for ToT. By the time u get off that ride it should be time to go ride RNR. Head over to GMR! Go get a fastpass for milliionare and go do the backlot tour, Star tours, and muppetvision. Dont rush at this park either. Take ur time casue u can get it all in without the rush.

Anything else just ask!

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Response

Remember JAY-ROD, that she has a four year old and a six year old who may be TOO young for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

But I do agree with you on Animal Kingdom. Listen to me:
Arrive EARLY, EARLY, EARLY!. Immediately after Breakfast head to Kilimanjaro Safaris, then DINOSAUR, and then Kai River Rapids.

Upvote 0

ELIZABETHsandoz

Original Poster
BIG THANK YOU

You guys are great, I never new the response would be so wonderful. I feel like I can do this now.... Thanks Ill keep you updated on how the ps stuff goes and everything else.

:D :D :D :D

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Re: Response

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Remember JAY-ROD, that she has a four year old and a six year old who may be TOO young for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

But I do agree with you on Animal Kingdom. Listen to me:
Arrive EARLY, EARLY, EARLY!. Immediately after Breakfast head to Kilimanjaro Safaris, then DINOSAUR, and then Kai River Rapids.

She can do the child swap. :)

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
No matter how short your stay, remember to rest. Even when we go for a short stay, we take a nap by the pool at our hotel for an hour or two...you'll be surprised how energized you'll be for the rest of the day. It also gets you a break from the crowds, and that always helps.

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Ride Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Sounds Dangerous, Wild Life Express, and Spaceship Earth to allow the kids to take a short nap.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by ELIZABETHsandoz
This is it my first trip to Disney World, Im sooo excited.
Dates are Wed 11-28 thru Sat Dec 1 - I have two kids boy 4 girl 6 have all the notes on bkfst with cindy will shoot for that. But need a day by day program since my time is short and kids need controls. Any ideas?

Love this site Im reading lots.

The most important thing is to keep reminding yourself that "this is supposed to be FUN!!" Choose 4 or 5 "must do" attractions, and don't worry about seeing everything. When my children were little, they had more fun playing in the fountains than riding the e-rides.

Also, please listen if they say something looks too scary!! There's nothing worse than listening to a child whimpering or even screaming through a ride/attraction. :(

And i hate to say it, but my kids didn't like the character breakfasts very much, and neither did I. I would play it by ear...go to the first one and see how they do. It killed me to pay all that money, rush to be there, etc. ,and have them clamoring to leave after barely touching their breakfast and ignoring/avoiding the characters. Hopefully, your two will enjoy it! :)

Upvote 0

DisJosh

Hey, I'll be there the same time as you! Arent you lucky?! :D I'm not much of a planner when it comes to Disney, besides reservations and stuff like that. I noticed you plan on spending whole days in single parks.......good luck! Thats a hard one for me to do. But it is your first trip so planning is a good idea. Study park maps b4 you get there and just familiarize youyr self with the lay out a little it will make things much easier! After seven trips i know the parks like the back of my eye lids(I dont like to brag :D).....but I'm also the same guy who can ride all the e-ticket rides in the magic kingdom plus a couple D ticket rides all b4 noon just in time for a relaxing lunch at Aunt Pollys on Tom Sawyers Island.......:D ;)

Upvote 0

Tramp

Re: Re: Day by Day planning

Originally posted by marciahahn

The most important thing is to keep reminding yourself that "this is supposed to be FUN!!" Choose 4 or 5 "must do" attractions, and don't worry about seeing everything. When my children were little, they had more fun playing in the fountains than riding the e-rides.

Great Advice, Marcia...
Too many people think they have to see it all...but with kids that young it's virtually impossible and not wise.
The kids will be more interested in the 'characters' than the rides so grab an autograph book and your camera and plan on spending a few hours making memories that will last a lifetime.
The rides will be there year after year, but your kids will only be this GREAT fantasy age for short time...:)

Upvote 0

Mikejakester

I saw some of those trip planers and it seems to miss most of the things in Orlando... ohh and I also notice the visiting of parks twice...

last May I went with my senior class to Disney and we really had closed scheadules

The first day we arrived at 12 noon, waited like 3 hours becuase there was a mistake with the vans, then we went to eat at a buffet place in International Drive. we visited the Huge Toy store and Imax teather, when to the hotel to unpack and then we went to the Go garts some where in Orlando don't remember where exactly,
the the next day "tuesday" We went to MK, rode everything and space maountain 3 times, by 5 o'clock we were done with the park and at 6 we were leaving for dinner at Medival times. That was a great day, One of the best...

On wednesday we headed of to tampa for Bush gardens, we were done with that park by 4, having been on Kumba 4 times and on gwazi 4, 1 on the tiger and 3 on the lion. Then we headed of to Orlando again and went into Downtown Disney, cheked everything out, "I really liked that guitar store by the way" and had dinner at Planet hollywood (sucked).

Thurdays we headed of to Islands of adventure, By far my favorite, we where done with that park by 2, and switch to Universal, until 8:30, that night we ate at dennys, hehehehe
Friday we went to MGM, we left the park at one, and went to the mall for suvenirs and came back to MGM at 5 and stayed till the night to watch fantasmic, in which it was canceled at the end due to tecnical dificulties, We didin't get to see any fireworks in our trip, ;o(
saturday we were back to Puerto Rico...
best trip I ever had.....

Orlando Really needs a Six Flags somewhere....

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Mikejakester
I saw some of those trip planers and it seems to miss most of the things in Orlando... ohh and I also notice the visiting of parks twice...

last May I went with my senior class to Disney and we really had closed scheadules

The first day we arrived at 12 noon, waited like 3 hours becuase there was a mistake with the vans, then we went to eat at a buffet place in International Drive. we visited the Huge Toy store and Imax teather, when to the hotel to unpack and then we went to the Go garts some where in Orlando don't remember where exactly,
the the next day "tuesday" We went to MK, rode everything and space maountain 3 times, by 5 o'clock we were done with the park and at 6 we were leaving for dinner at Medival times. That was a great day, One of the best...

On wednesday we headed of to tampa for Bush gardens, we were done with that park by 4, having been on Kumba 4 times and on gwazi 4, 1 on the tiger and 3 on the lion. Then we headed of to Orlando again and went into Downtown Disney, cheked everything out, "I really liked that guitar store by the way" and had dinner at Planet hollywood (sucked).

Thurdays we headed of to Islands of adventure,

so are u saying IOA is better then Disney?

Orlando Really needs a Six Flags somewhere....

six flags wouldnt last with the best comptetion in orlando.

Upvote 0

hadleybarth

I definatly like Marcia's advice. We've taken our 4 and 2 year olds down three times (we will be on our fourth trip with them this November).

We always make priority seating reservations for lunch. This gives us a chance to relax in the air conditioning during the hottest and most crowded time of day (this works better than going to the hotel midday for us as our kids will not nap). We generally book character meals so that the kids can have their books autographed, and get pictures taken without having to wait in line.

I suggest taking full advantage of the fast pass program. We usually send one parent out with everyone's tickets to pick up the next desired fast pass while the other takes the kids to the restroom, or waits with them in line (pick up fast passes to Winnie the Pooh Honey Pots while waiting for Dumbo, etc). This is much easier than trying to run to a particular ride without losing someone in the process.

Also, don't overlook some older rides which may have shorter lines yet appeal to little ones. My daughter (almost 5) loves the Carosel of Progress which didn't even have a line on New Year's Day. Food Rocks (at Epcot) is another ride with great appeal for little kids but little (if any) line.

Also, you know your kids better than anyone. Everyone (even adults) is tired after a day at the parks. Buying E-tickets may not work for you if your kids are not up to staying up so late.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom