News Date set for reopening of Rafiki’s Planet Watch along with new Animation Experience

Goofyque'

There are no drawing tables in California Adventure, either. As far as looking temporary, my guess instead would be flexible. A space like that could be configured for many uses.

Bryner84

Did the tamarin homes along the walk from the train station to the building survive the reopening or have they been relocated/removed?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney Villains come to The Animation Experience at Conservation Station

Here's my Simba from a few days ago...

UNCgolf

The train should take you to Wakanda. Travel through a portal into the city. The destination has become the land Disney forgot.

That train doesn't have anywhere near enough capacity to transport the number of people that would want to go to and from Wakanda. Plus all the vet services are up there, and it's next to the savannah.

Also Wakanda should never ever be in Animal Kingdom, but that's a separate discussion.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm sure it's a fun activity, but it really stands out as "we don't know what to do with this space!"

It was mostly empty space anyway before. Though, the middle island where they would bring animals for display is now cut off, but they still bring out animals. When I was there they had a boa and a goat (not in the same space). And it cuts off the sound booths, though it didn't need to.

The goat petting and all the other displays are still there.

Though... the way the have the set up the chairs makes my feng shui teeth itch. They should have put the monitors up on the middle island and then put the chairs in a semi-circle to face the center rather than rigid rows of chairs on top of each other that wind up facing the wrong way. It took a lot of personal fortitude to not start rearranging the chairs.

Kman101

I'm sure it's a fun activity, but it really stands out as "we don't know what to do with this space!"

I agree ... but I also think they knew it would get guests to go there, they probably hoped for a boost in attendance to Rafiki's. I also didn't mind tying in animation to the real animals they base their animation off of, it's a fun tie-in ... I don't mind learning to draw animal characters in Animal Kingdom, but ... shouldn't this attraction really be offered again in Hollywood Studios? They honestly didn't need Launch Bay ... and HS could use all the attractions they can get ... instead we're getting a Mickey Shorts Film Festival. Which I don't mind because there's a lot of theaters that can be repurposed ...

The Empress Lilly

I like the animation academy and I actually enjoy C9nservation Station. But the combination feels a bit forced.

I guess they managed to save the train and Rafilki's by adding in some animated characters, somehow...

The train spiel got on my nerves though. Animal Kingdom as the product of Walt's love for drawing animals? Pff....what a stretch. As with EPCOT Forever, it's rewriting the park history to make it appear the modern toon park is a natural progression.

At any rate, it was nice to go back there again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom