News Date set for reopening of Rafiki’s Planet Watch along with new Animation Experience

ToTBellHop

As opposed to DAK or the MK of courss. It isn't necessarily the best ip for FW but it is the only logical place for it.

If they were ever to do a pavilion dedicated to Zootopia FW would work very well.

IMO.
I just don’t find Zootopia compelling enough.

There, I said it. I like the fox and all, and the world is visually impressive, but I don’t find it thematically compelling. Pandora has the opposite issue—wonderful world with a provocative backstory but crummy characters. Thankfully the characters were not included in the theme park land.

A Zootopia meet and greet is all that is really necessary for the franchise.

I’ll take a gritty Wall-E pavilion. But that’ll never happen.

mikejs78

Premium Member
What besides Guardians?
According to an article on Mice Chat a Doctor Strange show is headed to the spine area - which will soon be known as "Epcot Center". In the same article they claim that Inagineering approached Pete Doctor about putting Inside Out into Imagination, but he pushed back and said they should stick with Figment and Dreamfinder, And that they were going in that direction until Chapek overruled.... Fwiw ...

jt04

I just don’t find Zootopia compelling enough.

There, I said it. I like the fox and all, and the world is visually impressive, but I don’t find it thematically compelling. Pandora has the opposite issue—wonderful world with a provocative backstory but crummy characters. Thankfully the characters were not included in the theme park land.

A Zootopia meet and greet is all that is really necessary for the franchise.

I’ll take a gritty Wall-E pavilion. But that’ll never happen.

If they design it right they can do an "all of the above" Future World". There is enough land.

Kman101

What besides Guardians?

MiceChat's running their rumors again. Apparently Chapek wants Figment evicted, part of Future World is being named "Epcot Center" and Doctor Strange will have a show or some attraction. "Allegedly"

They must want some of Clickbait's followers ...

Kevin_W

Heard about a FP+ offering moving into planet watch, but didn’t expect this. Always been surprised that it never found a replacement home earlier- it has stupid high GSATs and is relatively easy to put in.

Sorry, I can't quite place the acronym. GSAT = ?

I'm assuming guest satisfaction something or other.

Kman101

Sorry, I can't quite place the acronym. GSAT = ?

I'm assuming guest satisfaction something or other.

Basically it's a popular guest offering.

And soon will be in two parks that had nothing to do with learning and drawing animation ... lol. But at least it will be around. Who ever thought Epcot and Animal Kingdom would each get an animation academy?

No Name

I feel like Epcot’s version of animation academy (if it is getting one) may be more technology based rather than pencil/paper based?

Tablets are lit, fam.

That would make too much sense.

A minor presence in a probably-temporary pavilion hardly seems like a toehold to me, but sure.

I am quite interested to have you expand on how Zootopia is a perfect IP for Epcot, though.

Zootopia is not a movie about animals, it is a movie about social issues that simply uses animals as a cute, creative, and child-friendly storytelling device. Epcot is centered around the progress of humanity and the value of diversity more so than any other park. Rarely do I find myself agreeing with JT but here I do. It’s not a perfect fit but it’s a better fit than in any of the other three parks.

mikejs78

Premium Member
That would make too much sense.

Zootopia is not a movie about animals, it is a movie about social issues that simply uses animals as a cute, creative, and child-friendly storytelling device. Epcot is centered around the progress of humanity and the value of diversity more so than any other park. Rarely do I find myself agreeing with JT but here I do. It’s not a perfect fit but it’s a better fit than in any of the other three parks.
Well, it could fit into DHS if they built Zootopia city as an immersive land. But short of that, yes, it probably fits best in Epcot...

mikejs78

Premium Member
MiceChat's running their rumors again. Apparently Chapek wants Figment evicted, part of Future World is being named "Epcot Center" and Doctor Strange will have a show or some attraction. "Allegedly"

They must want some of Clickbait's followers ...
There was a permit a while back, I think, that had the spine labeled as "Epcot Center". I believe @marni1971 hinted at the time that there may be some truth to that...

Kman101

There was a permit a while back, I think, that had the spine labeled as "Epcot Center". I believe @marni1971 hinted at the time that there may be some truth to that...

It just seems so strange, the park itself is Epcot, lol, (unless they change the name) but at the same time, I guess anything goes at this point? lol

Just kind of felt like they were regurgitating old to us rumors that may not have legs, or I guess they could have legs again (and not like we haven't heard a lot of this ... so just questioning what still has legs, basically). paging @marni1971 @Magic Feather for another rumor control ... when you have the time, no rush and I do hate bothering you both ...

Guess time will tell :joyfull: nothing I guess would really surprise me at this point. I also thought we were told GOTG is the only Marvel going into Epcot. I know a lot of us have fan-rumored Dr. Strange but does that have more legs than we realized? All of these rumors lately! lol. I guess we better put the closed sign up at Epcot ;) ... don't forget according to Clickbait *two* massive pavilions are being demoed .... ;)

No Name

I hope this stays open past the busy times because the parks are about to get real busy all the time. If they aren’t already.

Well, it could fit into DHS if they built Zootopia city as an immersive land. But short of that, yes, it probably fits best in Epcot...

I disagree that it would fit better in DHS than Epcot but to each their own.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Zootopia to Epcot as it's supposed to exist? no, it doesn't fit at all.

Zootopia as it's apparently soon to exist? yeah, fits fine, just like ANYTHING ELSE THEY'D ADD. DHS is supposed to be the park to plop down random movie stuff, since it's a studio park.

TrainsOfDisney

An Animation Academy, like the characters themselves, fit in any Disney park. They are simple enough they should really have one in each park... why not?

Sadly, long gone are the days that Animation acedemy made sense at dhs. “Back in the day” complete feature length animation masterpieces were made mere feet away from where you could learn to draw a Disney character. Hand drawn characters are themselves a thing of the past.... eventually they will fit in best on Main Street I guess?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ience-at-conservation-station-begins-july-11/

The Animation Experience at Conservation Station begins July 11
Back in March, I shared exciting news about the reopening of Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Affection Section and the Wildlife Express Train this summer including all of the offerings our guests love. Today, I am happy to announce that we’ll also be introducing a brand-new additional experience drawing on our rich heritage of wildlife animation, inspired by Walt Disney’s own passion for ensuring his animators could develop realistic characters and settings by spending time with animals.​
In honor of our celebration of Disney’s “The Lion King,” we’ll be launching The Animation Experience at Conservation Station, offering our guests the opportunity to learn how live animals have inspired some of the most iconic characters from this beloved “tail.” You’ll learn more about some of the animals who call our park home and then have the chance to create a personalized piece of Disney art through an instructor-led animation class. As you’d expect, some of your favorite characters from “The Lion King” will be the stars of The Animation Experience, which will start when Rafiki’s Planet Watch reopens on July 11. Come learn how to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon and more. Each session will be different so be sure to visit often to complete the collection. Disney FastPass+ Service will be offered for the experience, and you can make those selections starting later today.​
For more than 60 years, animals have been a part of Disney storytelling, and these stories continue today alongside efforts to protect wildlife and habitats around the world, as well as provide immersive experiences that connect kids and families with the magic of nature. We look forward to offering guests this new way of connecting with the animals in our park in addition to the other unique opportunities that Rafiki’s Planet Watch offers. We are excited to welcome guests back to greet and hug the animals at Affection Section, catch a glimpse of medical procedures at our veterinary treatment window, learn how our animal care experts prepare meals for and care for the park’s animal residents and more.​

HauntedMansionFLA

There doesn't seem to be any FPs available past 3:40 PM. All other Disney web pages for the Animation Experience or Conservation Station doesn't list times.
You are correct sir!!
34398C80-BCFE-4293-B642-CC3A8DAADDAE.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom