Darth Maul/Kid Incident - SWW '09

20009551sc

This is all about what the parents hoped to get out of Disney. It's unfortunate that they used their child as a prop in this instance. If you listen to the tape it sounds like dad is giving the medical history of his son to someone nearby. I think a normal parent would have stopped filming the second that it appeared that they CM was getting to rough. Mom didn't even move.
I think DM might have gotten a little rough, but he is playing an evil villian. Thats not to say that he might have gotten caried away. Having been to Disney many times, the CM's are usually pretty good about keeping parade routes open. This may have been one of those time that they didn't.
After watching this tape several times I still think that it looks like Mom and Dad wanted some money from Disney. Their acting was bad so no emmys for them. Also, they should have watched the baloon boy family to see how things would turn out for them.
Would love to watch Judge Judy have this case!

sockmonkeygirl

Dad, Mom and Darth are all more "retarded" than that poor kid is. Yup. I agree that Judge Judy should handle the case. She'd give them all heck. :sohappy:

mastif

This is all about what the parents hoped to get out of Disney. It's unfortunate that they used their child as a prop in this instance. If you listen to the tape it sounds like dad is giving the medical history of his son to someone nearby. I think a normal parent would have stopped filming the second that it appeared that they CM was getting to rough. Mom didn't even move.
I think DM might have gotten a little rough, but he is playing an evil villian. Thats not to say that he might have gotten caried away. Having been to Disney many times, the CM's are usually pretty good about keeping parade routes open. This may have been one of those time that they didn't.
After watching this tape several times I still think that it looks like Mom and Dad wanted some money from Disney. Their acting was bad so no emmys for them. Also, they should have watched the baloon boy family to see how things would turn out for them.
Would love to watch Judge Judy have this case!

lol totally! notice how dad doesn't even move, just continues to film. kids obviously alright, just a little scared.
Personally, I think people that can't control their kids shouldn't be allowed/come to disney world

Parents are primarily to blame. Autism short circuts the natural ability at age 9 to know in social situations what is right and what is wrong. These children usually have no idea what is appropriate behavior or not. Even with many explanations. Parents are aware of this and simply allowed it to happen. Shame on them. You can see by the childs body lanquage how excited he is. The character in question should have tried to block him and the cast members were just standing there. Poor choices all around but 99% Mom and Dad.

MAF

And notice how the plays up the sympathy card by putting "Here's lil' Johnny trying to give a high five." "Notice the pain in lil' Johnny's eyes!" Sickening...:hurl:

cheshiresmile

UMMM, Wow. I can't believe how many people (adults!) are so rude regarding this special needs kid. WOW.

1) Is the mother a poor parent? How do you know? This is a 4 minute snippit of time in her life. Geez, she maybe saved for 2 years to bring her boy on this vacation, and hey, maybe she got a little carried away taking pictures and letting her kid stand in the parade route. But guess what......there was a CM right there, also not caring about that. And guess what else, I saw a Star Trek character en route in the parade high five the kid. It's obvious to me that both Disney employees and the parent are both being a little lax at that point in time. Ok ok, blame the mom. It's the easy thing to do.

2) If Darth Maul pushed my kid, I'm not so sure that I wouldn't be chasing him down, and knocking him out.

3) Should Disney have fired him? OF COURSE. Look at what he did. I mean, he aggressively pushed a kid. A kid that can only weigh about 45 pounds, and poses no threat. In fact, I believe the kid was going for a high-five, as he had done with the previous white Star Trek character (who responded in kind.) If I pushed my kid like that, I'd have Child Protective Services at my front door. But because Bozo is wearing a clown costume, that should make it ok? Nooooo.

4) Yes, all the @holes come out loud and clear when it's time to tear someone else apart, but if it were their kid (or YOUR kid) how would you feel?

5) I believe the kid may in fact find Star Trek and other character based movies less enjoyable now. He was freaking attacked by Darth Maul for goodness sakes. I mean, really. How frightening. And I'm not kidding either. I can't believe how many people are blaming the mother. I totally agree that she shouls have had better control of her child, but that does not make what Darth Maul did any less wrong. He was SO wrong.
Sorry, just have to add...STAR WARS! That is all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom