Darkwing Duck

Don L Duck

Originally posted by Luau Cove
Before Darkwing, there are many famous Disney Ducks looking for a place: Scrooge McDuck in Ducktales is my first option; Donald doesn't have such a fantastic attraction like Goofy for example, so I guess Darkwing will have to wait for his turn...probably in 2050.

-->LUAU
What are you talking about I have the best attraction of anyone there, even that dumb ole mouse.:lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by spider-man
Hope I don't make the post stray too much, but has Gizmo Duck ever made an appearance in any of the parks? He was on Darkwing from time to time, and he was my favorite Disney Hero, followed by Darkwing.
he was never made, and I believe only appeared in 1 eposiode of darkwing. He was actually a Ducktales character

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by mktiggerman

he was never made, and I believe only appeared in 1 eposiode of darkwing. He was actually a Ducktales character

Nah, he showed up more than once--he was in the 2-part "Justice Ducks" episode, turned up in St. Canard as alter-ego Fenton Crackshell while hunting for Steelbeak in another episode, and I'm pretty sure he was in at least 2 or 3 more shows, although I can't remember any specifics. You're right, though, he was created for Ducktales, and appeared in a ton of the later episodes of that show. (OK, so I watched a little too much of The Disney Afternoon in my younger days. :))

What I really wanted to say, though, was that I don't see how his costume would be feasible for the parks, since he rode around on one wheel. Doesn't seem like that would work for a walk-around character, so he'd probably have to be confined to parade floats if he ever did show up.

hbkrocco1

Originally posted by BigNorm

Also, does Darkwing still make appearences in the Magic Kingdom? Has anyone seen him lately? If you so, could you let me know where I could find him next time I'm there?

I actually seen Darkwing Duck, to my surprise, at the Magic Kingdom last week. He was near the castle. :lol:

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Don L Duck
What are you talking about I have the best attraction of anyone there, even that dumb ole mouse.:lol:

No, really. Donald Duck deserves a little bit more than a funny boat at Toontown Fair. Cinderella has a Castle, Peter Pan, Snow White, Lion King, Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, all of them have attractions of their own...and the duck that started it all doesn't have a little ride? Come on...

-->LUAU

TURKEY

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney

Nah, he showed up more than once--he was in the 2-part "Justice Ducks" episode, turned up in St. Canard as alter-ego Fenton Crackshell while hunting for Steelbeak in another episode, and I'm pretty sure he was in at least 2 or 3 more shows, although I can't remember any specifics. You're right, though, he was created for Ducktales, and appeared in a ton of the later episodes of that show. (OK, so I watched a little too much of The Disney Afternoon in my younger days. :))

I think one of those episodes may have been on yesterday.

Who was Gizmo Duck's alter ego when he wasn't Gizmo Duck? I was flipping thru channels and saw Gizmo and Launchpad talking. I know it was Darkwing and not Ducktales.

WDWspider

GizmoDuck Guest Appearances

Here's what I could find on the Net:

GizmoDuck has been on at least 5 episodes -

1. Darkwing Doubloon
2. Just Us Justice Ducks Part 1
3. Just Us Justice Ducks Part 2
4. Tiff of the Titans
5. Up, Up and Awry

and possibly a few more episodes. At some point Darkwing was even accused of being GizmoDuck.

Sure would be cool if a guy could balance on a Motor Unicycle, but man what a Gnarly Road Rash you would have when you fell over:brick: :cry:

DisneyHog6

I remember seeing Darkwing in that same show you guys are talking about. I think that's when it was called Mickey's Birthday Land, and the show was a surprise birthday party for Mickey. Chip & Dale baked him a cake and stuff like that. I haven't ever seen Darkwing anyplace other than that though, although it seems like some of you have. I would like to see him though, it's my goal to get a pic with as many characters as I can. I just love it...:lol:

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Who was Gizmo Duck's alter ego when he wasn't Gizmo Duck?

Gizmo Duck's alter ego was Fenton Crackshell, a rather scrawny, unintimidating fellow. Originally a beancounter (literally--he worked in a bean factory), Fenton was hired by Scrooge McDuck to be his new accountant. Through a series of events which I've pretty much forgotten, he ended up assuming the role of Gizmoduck. During his private time, Fenton lived in a run-down trailer with his mother (who was always in curlers, but whose name I forget) and pined after the unattainable Gandra Dee.

(Geez, if I didn't have all this stuff crammed in my head, I might be able to end world hunger or something like that...)

Rdedeian

I remember he was in the Disney Afternoon show in the Toontown when it was called Mickey's Starland.

I think Tale Spin was involved, but I sort of forgot the name of the other shows involved.

Darkwing Duck was awesome, miss that show, still watch it whenever I see it on.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Rdedeian
I remember he was in the Disney Afternoon show in the Toontown when it was called Mickey's Starland.

I think Tale Spin was involved, but I sort of forgot the name of the other shows involved.

Darkwing Duck was awesome, miss that show, still watch it whenever I see it on.

the last incarnation of the show included the Rescua Rangers, Ducktales, Tale Spin, Darkwing, Goof Troop, and Bonkers characters

Rdedeian

Originally posted by mktiggerman

the last incarnation of the show included the Rescua Rangers, Ducktales, Tale Spin, Darkwing, Goof Troop, and Bonkers characters

Yah, thats who they were. Its been awhile since those shows were on and since I saw that stage show last so I sort of forgot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom