Daredevil!

Dawn S

Original Poster
Anyone else catch the movie yet? It was actually even better than I expected! Affleck did a great job in the role, IMHO & the special effects were great. I would have liked to see the plot/storyline develop a bit more, but it WAS a 2 hour movie, so I guess it wasn't really too bland. It just seemed like it could have gone a little further or slower or something. GREAT movie though!!!

Attachments

• kste-fm_12222_19.jpg
    kste-fm_12222_19.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 115

Lhriangel

Loved it! They did a good storyline for how much time they had to work with...

LOL everyone go see it so I can speculate over the ending with them!!!!

WDWspider

Way beyond my expectations. This has really established the Marvel franchise as amazing material for movies. I was so happy after leaving this film. I am actually wanting a DareDevil 2. I really liked this movie. All the characters were very strong and used well. The emotions were strong and great to carry the movie forward. The only thing I saw was that the violence and ______ scene was a little strong compared to the amount of Kids watching the movie (I think that Fox felt the same as I - that this was a more die-hard hero for a movie). I was kinda surprised at the huge turnout of people really. After three hits, I am really looking forward to the Hulk movie.

The improvements to Bullseye worked great, and I really liked the new take on Kingpin.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Main Street USA

Just saw it tonight, and it was good, but it didn't come close to spider man. The CG wasn't as fluid, and the story line was a little weak. I'd go see the sequel, though.:)

WDWspider

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Just saw it tonight, and it was good, but it didn't come close to spider man.

:D

But I agree... that's why Daredevil didn't seem such an obvious choice for a movie to me (especially this early on)... but they did great with what they had. Spider-man is a much more complex and deeper character and story to work with.

OKay I went and saw it tofay...I was a little uncomfortable with the you know what scene with my 8 yr old sitting next to me... and I thought they could have done a better job than Affleck (no ofense) otherwise I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see the next one.

BTW I used the Bullseye/Ace of Spades thing as a threat at work all night long :lol:

tenchu

I was a little dissappointed with it actually.

It was alright, very watchable, but it certainly won't go down in history.

monorail256

Originally posted by tenchu
I was a little dissappointed with it actually.

It was alright, very watchable, but it certainly won't go down in history.

I was a little dissappointed with the movie too... in the beginning. The more I watched it the more I got into it. It was ok, I doubt if I rush out and buy the DVD when it comes out.. It had its ups, but it also had its downs. ...I cant wait for X-MEN 2....

darthdarrel

I liked Dare devil also,It wasn`t GREAT,but it was very good. Is it just me or is there some unwritten law that says that super heroes aren`t allowed to have a long loving relationship? I mean Spider man had the chance to have his long time love and he just left her there and in this one,well I don`t want to ruin it for anyone,but OMG!:eek:

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I liked Dare devil also,It wasn`t GREAT,but it was very good. Is it just me or is there some unwritten law that says that super heroes aren`t allowed to have a long loving relationship? I mean Spider man had the chance to have his long time love and he just left her there and in this one,well I don`t want to ruin it for anyone,but OMG!:eek:

Darrel that's the actual storyline from the comic book, so....

darthdarrel

Originally posted by FantasiaBish
Darrel that's the actual storyline from the comic book, so....
Which one?
I mean it seems like there isn`t a single super heroe who is allowed to have a lasting relationship,even super man when Lois found out about who superman was,He turned back time to when she didn`t know! all of them I don`t know of a single superheroe that has been allowed to have a long lasting relationship!:eek:

Lhriangel

BUT Bish was explaining how the movie (Daredevil) was LIKE the comic which I find admirable.

Anyways Bish I want to ask you a few questions about the comic book storyline :)

MKCustodial

Well, Spidey, to hear you say you liked is a great review, in my opinion! And Bish, as well! :lol: You guys know your comics, so...

Actually, I'm glad to hear so many good reviews. The ones I read on IMDB and on a site down here really were so-so. On IMDB, it seems Jungle Book 2 got better reviews than DD!

Anyways, we still have a month to go before DD opens... I'm impressed to hear it has a bed scene... Apparently, Marvel doesn't think DD has as much kid appeal as their other super-heroes.

Sheri

Just saw it today...Pretty cool. The girl was cool as "heck", too! Except it sounded like her name was "Electric Nacho". My friends made fun of me for that one, LoL.

WDWKing

I saw the movie on Friday. Both my friend and I enjoyed it alot. I can't wait until the sequel. I loved Bullseye's character in this movie for some reason, especially the motorcycle part. Kingpin and Elektra were also great. Affleck did a nice job. These Marvel movies are turning out much better then the DC attempts so far. ::cough Batman cough::. Hope we can say the same for Hulk and XMen 2.

Originally posted by WDWKing
I saw the movie on Friday. Both my friend and I enjoyed it alot. I can't wait until the sequel. I loved Bullseye's character in this movie for some reason, especially the motorcycle part. Kingpin and Elektra were also great. Affleck did a nice job. These Marvel movies are turning out much better then the DC attempts so far. ::cough Batman cough::. Hope we can say the same for Hulk and XMen 2.

There was a serious prob with the first couple of MArvel Films (Captain America and Punishe-can we saw the blew chunks :hurl: ) and as far as DC goes the first 2 Batman Films were incredible! and were very close to the original style of the comics it was when Schumacher tool over directing that they went downhill fast...I saw Batman Forever and I'll NEVER get those 2 hours back....

And, Angel, I'll be on this afternoon or evening so IM me and we can discuss!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom