Dangerous state of the Imagination Pavilion

POLY LOVER

Nobody has died yet, so there is no motivation to spend money on repairs. People will continue to look past the problems and plan vacations and visit WDW because Disney pays for so much grass roots support that complaints of problems get lost behind the phony magical experiences misguiding potential visitors. Once someone dies, sadly, they will do the minimum effort of maintenance.

so is it like Disney gauges the risk, they look at the cost of paying out an insurance claims against the cost of repairs and as long as it is less than repairs they let it go?

POLY LOVER

Why wash and primp the cow when the udders still produce plentiful milk? Seriously, when will we learn that not going is the only real answer. As long as the theme parks are producing revenue then nothing will change and we really have no one to blame except the person in the mirror...

Not directed at you POLY LOVER in particular...just felt like the right time to add on my statement. We keep going and then posting "this and that were awful" but....we do keep going so in essence we (the fanbois) are the ones as much to blame for the condition of the parks as management.

the only cure is tough love.

lifeguard1020

Hang on. Did I read that correctly? The ceiling in EO "nearly collapsed"? Did I miss this story? I did a quick search and didn't see anything. It is certainly possible that I just can't find it. Can someone point me to this story? I am very interested in this part of the story.

POLY LOVER

Hang on. Did I read that correctly? The ceiling in EO "nearly collapsed"? Did I miss this story? I did a quick search and didn't see anything. It is certainly possible that I just can't find it. Can someone point me to this story? I am very interested in this part of the story.

do you think it was from a cast member that has some inside info that did not make the news?

lifeguard1020

do you think it was from a cast member that has some inside info that did not make the news?
I have no idea who it may be from. I just don't understand how something like this hasn't showed up here till now. Was it the drop ceiling inside the room? Was it the actual sctructure of the roof of the building?
Was the "near collapse" corrected or is there something hanging we would be able to see?
They would have to bring in a lift to access something inside the theater.
I'm not doubting/denying the possibility of anything. This is just the part of the story that catches my attention the most...

rucifee

The information I have provided is straight from the mouths of cast members working the venue. You can see evidence of decay all around the building (especially on the ceiling of the loading area for Journey).

Once you peel back the first layer you can see it all over the place. I posted a pretty nasty behind the scenes monorail car photo the other day, it was amazingly gross. The rest of the WDW property is in similar condition except maybe the new Fantasy Land.

POLY LOVER

Once you peel back the first layer you can see it all over the place. I posted a pretty nasty behind the scenes monorail car photo the other day, it was amazingly gross. The rest of the WDW property is in similar condition except maybe the new Fantasy Land.

this thread is just plan old depressing me.

blueboxdoctor

Here's the thing, both of them don't really pull big crowds. Journey Into Imagination is just sort of sad and Figment isn't within the universe of a relevant, popular, timeless, or classic character. so maybe just redo all that and make it Inside Out themed/inspired. And Captain EO, well, the only reason I know it is there is because of threads like this. When I'm there I don't even think of it. But just refer to the other Future World thread to see my views on the area. There's so much potential and absolutely nothing is being done to take advantage of that potential. It's so aggravating to see them do nothing with all these areas that are severely outdated. I said that about Hollywood Studios as well, but now they are addressing it with two new areas, which is good (except that strip with the American Idol and Sounds Dangerous, which is just an abandoned looking area that is in a very prominent area, making it even more depressing).

rucifee

Here's the thing, both of them don't really pull big crowds. Journey Into Imagination is just sort of sad and Figment isn't within the universe of a relevant, popular, timeless, or classic character. so maybe just redo all that and make it Inside Out themed/inspired. And Captain EO, well, the only reason I know it is there is because of threads like this. When I'm there I don't even think of it. But just refer to the other Future World thread to see my views on the area. There's so much potential and absolutely nothing is being done to take advantage of that potential. It's so aggravating to see them do nothing with all these areas that are severely outdated. I said that about Hollywood Studios as well, but now they are addressing it with two new areas, which is good (except that strip with the American Idol and Sounds Dangerous, which is just an abandoned looking area that is in a very prominent area, making it even more depressing).

**When you refer to other Past World threads. There isn't anything futurish in Future World anymore, hasn't been for years, so it should be known as Past World. :cool:

CaptainAmerica

The information I have provided is straight from the mouths of cast members working the venue. You can see evidence of decay all around the building (especially on the ceiling of the loading area for Journey).
Fun fact: Most cast members are far from the brightest bulbs. They tend to be petty and ill-informed, which is especially dangerous because they think they know everything.

What, exactly is your point? Places that people are never supposed to be are gross? Off-stage space isn't show ready?

P_Radden

Where can I find this photo you speak of?

Brad Bishop

Might be intentional- Maybe some senior member of management wants to have the ride replaced, but knows there will never be money approved for a replacement, so they're intentionally letting the building and ride hardware degrade to the point that a lengthy and expensive refurb OR complete replacement becomes necessary. In this way, it's a passive-aggressive way for the TDO bureaucracy to force itself to upgrade, change, or close the ride.

Or close the ride and let it just go dormant. That way it's a win-win! No maintenance costs and no operational costs!

Miss Heinous

Original Poster
Fun fact: Most cast members are far from the brightest bulbs. They tend to be petty and ill-informed, which is especially dangerous because they think they know everything.
Fun fact: The cast members I spoke to which happen to be my friends are well educated and know exactly what they are talking about. Some of the people I spoke to used to be techs for the company and worked on the attraction itself. I'm sorry that the news I presented hurts the image in your head that you have of the parks and the company, but this is a real problem whether you like it or not.

Arthur Wellesley

Fun fact: The cast members I spoke to which happen to be my friends are well educated and know exactly what they are talking about. Some of the people I spoke to used to be techs for the company and worked on the attraction itself. I'm sorry that the news I presented hurts the image in your head that you have of the parks and the company, but this is a real problem whether you like it or not.
Just don't feed the troll. He has a vast history in his short time here of being condescending toward anyone who is anyone.

blueboxdoctor

**When you refer to other Past World threads. There isn't anything futurish in Future World anymore, hasn't been for years, so it should be known as Past World. :cool:

That would actually be kind of cool to have a whole past area, lead into now, and then look to the future, that way even the outdated stuff would have a place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom