Dangerous state of the Imagination Pavilion

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Circle of Life?
Stave Church?
Japan's "new exhibit"?

I've taken the liberty of rating these for you on a scale of OMG DID YOU HAHAHA to Great.

You're really reaching here. Why not mention Club Cool, at least you get something out of it (sticky feet). There's nothing really worth the ticket cost, you can get more "fun" out of Disney Springs these days.

So you go to Epcot and you spend money. If you were there a few weeks ago you would have noticed the abysmal Soarin picture quality, I'd rather stick myself in the arm with a screwdriver than to do that ride twice in a day. OK so you buy breakfast, did you know that you could do that without entering the park? Single rider on Tron Track, OK that ride's pretty lame but at least the outdoors part of it is good, unless it's raining and it's down or delayed. Ellen's Energy Adventure, that's a great place for a nap. You can also nap at home and save some bucks. :)

Canada 360 film, the one from the 1980s right? You would be the only person in the theater, no-one else pays it much attention.

So far you have spent roughly 30 minutes in attractions and it's time for a late lunch? Oh my! What were you doing with all that extra time? Spending money?

" I only write it to disprove the idea that there's nothing to do but shopping and dining in Epcot"

- eat a nice breakfast at Seasons
- nice late lunch out on the patio of the Rose & Crown
- now it's wine-thirty, so I head up to the wine kiosk in France for a glass or two
- followed by dinner at my choice of many fine restaurants
- After dinner I head to the Rose & Crown for a couple of tasty martinis

Alright, you've described a very nice day of shopping and eating with a $100 cover charge. You've confirmed exactly what I've implied. Bravo. :)

Everyone gets that EPCOT needs work. It is no secret. Even the people who still love to go there know this to be true. So why do you insist on rubbing it in peoples' faces with rudeness and condescension instead of just disagreeing in a civil manner?

rucifee

Everyone gets that EPCOT needs work. It is no secret. Even the people who still love to go there know this to be true. So why do you insist on rubbing it in peoples' faces with rudeness and condescension instead of just disagreeing in a civil manner?

Not sprinkling pixie dust on my comments doesn't make my comments rude. On the other hand, what incentive have I gotten to be nice to people here? I've apologized when I've thought I was out of line, but I'm not out of line with anything I've said here.

We can agree that EPCOT needs tons of work but that doesn't mean I have to be silent about it.

ABQ

It all depends what you want to do. But to break it down:

Rides:
SSE
UOE
MS
TT
JII
LwtL
Soarin'
Nemo
Sum of All Thrills
Gran Fiesta Tour

Attractions/ shows:
Circle of Life
Captain EO
Turtle Talk
American Adventure
O' Canada
China
Impressions de France

Exhibits:
Project Tomorrow
Storm Struck
Habit Heroes
Advanced Training Lab
After Market (TT)
Image Works
The Seas aquarium observation decks
Stave Church
China
American Gallery
Japan's new exhibit
Morocco

Performances:
Mariachi Band
Chinese Acrobats
Italy Flag Show
Voices of Liberty
Japanese drummers
Lumberjacks (I know, I know...)
Paul McKenna Band

Feel free to correct anything if it's no longer there or I forgot anything
Missed the American Music Machine a'capella group, not sure if they're just seasonal though as the stage does get other uses.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Not sprinkling pixie dust on my comments doesn't make my comments rude. On the other hand, what incentive have I gotten to be nice to people here? I've apologized when I've thought I was out of line, but I'm not out of line with anything I've said here.

We can agree that EPCOT needs tons of work but that doesn't mean I have to be silent about it.

Re-read what you wrote. Maybe it will help you understand where I am getting this interpretation about it.

Little Green Men

Circle of Life?
Stave Church?
Japan's "new exhibit"?

I've taken the liberty of rating these for you on a scale of OMG DID YOU HAHAHA to Great.

You're really reaching here. Why not mention Club Cool, at least you get something out of it (sticky feet). There's nothing really worth the ticket cost, you can get more "fun" out of Disney Springs these days.
You asked me what there is to do, you may not want to do all of those but they are all there for guests to visit. Clearly you think all of their rides are lame, I disagree with that.

rucifee

You asked me what there is to do, you may not want to do all of those but they are all there for guests to visit. Clearly you think all of their rides are lame, I disagree with that.

I wouldn't think so if they had kept any of it up to date, but when we're talking about things that haven't been updated in almost 30 years, it's no longer impressive.

There are a few things that are ok or great, but not a lot sadly. I wish there were, like I said before Epcot used to be my favorite park.

Little Green Men

I wouldn't think so if they had kept any of it up to date, but when we're talking about things that haven't been updated in almost 30 years, it's no longer impressive.

There are a few things that are ok or great, but not a lot sadly. I wish there were, like I said before Epcot used to be my favorite park.
The only thing the same as it was opening day is Impressions de France

danyoung56

Alright, you've described a very nice day of shopping and eating with a $100 cover charge. You've confirmed exactly what I've implied. Bravo. :)

Sigh. I could go over, point by point, where I think you are wrong. But it just wouldn't be worth it. We had a decent discussion going on, and then you decided to be incredibly rude. So for me, the discussion with you is over. We have a difference of opinion, and that's probably not going to change.

rucifee

Sigh. I could go over, point by point, where I think you are wrong. But it just wouldn't be worth it. We had a decent discussion going on, and then you decided to be incredibly rude. So for me, the discussion with you is over. We have a difference of opinion, and that's probably not going to change.

I'm not wrong, but it's alright you can call me rude if it lets you avoid admitting I am right it won't hurt my feelings. I've been in this thread for a while now my input isn't new.

rucifee

Apparantly the shape of Epcot is because of the lack of sponsors... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a sneaking suspicion that as more nations pull their funding of their areas of Epcot we'll continue to see more characters and character attractions being added like Frozen. I don't blame Norway at all, Disney makes plenty of money off of the parks. There's no reason any area of the park needs to be subsidized. I get the Innoventions expo center has/had corporate sponsors, but I can see that ending too. I would love to know why Norway pulled out.

ABQ

I have a sneaking suspicion that as more nations pull their funding of their areas of Epcot we'll continue to see more characters and character attractions being added like Frozen. I don't blame Norway at all, Disney makes plenty of money off of the parks. There's no reason any area of the park needs to be subsidized. I get the Innoventions expo center has/had corporate sponsors, but I can see that ending too. I would love to know why Norway pulled out.
Which other nations are pulling funding? It's been quite some time since the Kingdom of Norway funded anything at Epcot, if I recall. Long, long, long before any concept of gutting the pavilion for Frozen. Futureworld is a different story.

rucifee

Which other nations are pulling funding? It's been quite some time since the Kingdom of Norway funded anything at Epcot, if I recall. Long, long, long before any concept of gutting the pavilion for Frozen. Futureworld is a different story.

None yet, but I suspect they will. I didn't mean to imply they had, but re-reading I wasn't clear on that.

Hmm I didn't realize they pulled out in 2002, I thought they stopped sponsoring in 2012. TIL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom