Dang ! Decisions! PORS v CBR.

real mad hatter

Now most folk on here know my love for Riverside,but thanks to Crush Dude,( yes he posted this morning ) Free DDP has been announced for 2014. Now Oceans Florida are the first out the trap flying with Virgin but for July the CBR is £359 cheaper than PORS.:eek: Gobsmacked as CBR is usually the dearest of the 4 mods.Our first trip in 2004 was at CBR ( one week ) so I really can't remember much about it..So has anyone been to CBR recently and how did you enjoy it.?

tinkerbell24

CSR is the same price as CBR! I have been checking these prices too but am holding out for the 25th as this is the expected date for disney to release their offers for us. It's because there is an 8% discount at these resorts so I'm hoping since there are no discounts on port Orleans that there might be some released with these offers. Our TAs are expected to release their prices on these dates too, I suspect they are holding out to see what disney are offering first.

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In a heartbeat I'd go to CSR over CBR and POR over them both. As I said I did CSR over POR as it was so much cheaper than POR at that time of the year. It took me a couple days to adjust to CSR but I was happy, minus the breaking dawn landscapers.

Upvote 0
I was in the same position as the OP. Port Orleans was the first resort our family stayed at and after many trips we regard it as our home resort. We stayed at CB because of availablilty and I really feel it does not compare to POR. Boatrights is much better in quality and service than Shutters, Riverside Mill has more variety and "make your own" options than the food court at CBR, and perhaps most importantly Bob is in the River Roost (no equvilant to Bob or the River Roost at CBR). The walk to the central area at CBR can be daunting and as others have mentioned it is often host to school groups which really crowd the food court and pool areas at night. At POR you have the added bonus of a second sister resort in POFQ and a quiet boatride to DTD! POR just feels like a complete resort experience to me. We have stayed at all values, moderates, and most of the MK resorts and keep coming back to POR for overall value/experience!

Upvote 0

luv

I love CBR. If they went back to colorful rooms that weren't so cartoony, it would be my favorite mod again. But the rooms are just too cartoony. And those electric blue drapes clash with almost everything in the room. A couple days is all I can stand there. By day three or four, I'm looking for reasons to leave (or not go back to) the room. The decor is fine for a 5yo, but a little too much for me.

Otherwise, its my favorite moderate. The food court is not as good as POR's, but its okay enough.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok you asked for it! Think IASW .. To the tune of Here at the Riverside.. Down by the riverside.. Here at the river siiiiiiide! Over and Over very very loud every hour on the hour! LOL:confused:
Cheers..Just watched the video clip..You ain't gonna believe this,but in my past three vacations,all 14 days at PORS.Ive never heard that song played.Thats a total of 42 days and yet to hear that song.:eek:

Upvote 0

RNjan1

We are staying (yes...i'm really saying this) at the PORS in August of this year for the first time EVER. We've been there probably 7 times since 2003 with my son and we've never stayed there. Thanks for the food court video! I'll listen and can't wait! We usually stay at POFQ - first it was due to the close proximity to a bus stop, but now have come to love it there. So, any tips for our "new visit"? Does anyone know which building is closest to a bus stop? Or are there any other things or tips I should know for this resort? I just can't wait!:D

Upvote 0

RNjan1

We are staying (yes...i'm really saying this) at the PORS in August of this year for the first time EVER. We've been there probably 7 times since 2003 with my son and we've never stayed there. Thanks for the food court video! I'll listen and can't wait! We usually stay at POFQ - first it was due to the close proximity to a bus stop, but now have come to love it there. So, any tips for our "new visit"? Does anyone know which building is closest to a bus stop? Or are there any other things or tips I should know for this resort? I just can't wait!:D
Oh....and the bus stop thing....it's for my mother. I take her with us and she has problems walking.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We love Port Orleans, but I'd sure love to try CBR -- we honeymooned in the Caribbean and the theming shivers my timbers and warms the cockles of my heart. Unfortunately, the hubster is too tall for a double bed, so we're just going to have to wait and see if they every upgrade CBR to queen-sized beds.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Looks like you've already decided @real mad hatter...but let me just say.

PAY THE EXTRA DOUGH for PORS or any of the other Moderates for that matter.... before you save a dime on CBR.
The kids did NOT want to stay there on our last trip, my wife and I gave them the parental speech about "trying new things" "you never know" blah blah...

Nothing sucks worse than having to admit your snot nose rug rats are right. In this case my snot nose rug rats are teenagers so it was even worse!

Upvote 0

jmcdougall

Now most folk on here know my love for Riverside,but thanks to Crush Dude,( yes he posted this morning ) Free DDP has been announced for 2014. Now Oceans Florida are the first out the trap flying with Virgin but for July the CBR is £359 cheaper than PORS.:eek: Gobsmacked as CBR is usually the dearest of the 4 mods.Our first trip in 2004 was at CBR ( one week ) so I really can't remember much about it..So has anyone been to CBR recently and how did you enjoy it.?
Our personal all time favorite (20+ trips). Last trip was Pop Century and we were NOT impressed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom