Dang ! Decisions! PORS v CBR.

real mad hatter

Now most folk on here know my love for Riverside,but thanks to Crush Dude,( yes he posted this morning ) Free DDP has been announced for 2014. Now Oceans Florida are the first out the trap flying with Virgin but for July the CBR is £359 cheaper than PORS.:eek: Gobsmacked as CBR is usually the dearest of the 4 mods.Our first trip in 2004 was at CBR ( one week ) so I really can't remember much about it..So has anyone been to CBR recently and how did you enjoy it.?

ParentsOf4

A few months ago, I started a thread asking folks to vote for their favorite Moderate Resort. CBR came in a very distant 4th behind all the other Moderates.:(

It's been a number of years since we last stayed there but we did stop by the food court last year and drove around a bit. They redid the main pool some and added a number of pirate themed rooms (which I haven't seen) but, otherwise, I suspect it's pretty much the same as it was in 2004.

As the first Moderate Resort, CBR suffers from its layout. Unless you pay extra for one of the preferred rooms, it's a bus ride or long walk to the main building and pool. For my family, that's a pretty big turn-off which is why we stayed there only once. (I think in 2001 but after enough trips, they all sort of blur together.:)) At least the centrally located pool at POR is easier to reach and acts as a bridge for some of the more remote rooms.

There's a reason CBR is £359 cheaper than PORS.;)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A few months ago, I started a thread asking folks to vote for their favorite Moderate Resort. CBR came in a very distant 4th behind all the other Moderates.:(

It's been a number of years since we last stayed there but we did stop by the food court last year and drove around a bit. They redid the main pool some and added a number of pirate themed rooms (which I haven't seen) but, otherwise, I suspect it's pretty much the same as it was in 2004.

As the first Moderate Resort, CBR suffers from its layout. Unless you pay extra for one of the preferred rooms, it's a bus ride or long walk to the main building and pool. For my family, that's a pretty big turn-off which is why we stayed there only once. (I think in 2001 but after enough trips, they all sort of blur together.:)) At least the centrally located pool at POR is easier to reach and acts as a bridge for some of the more remote rooms.

There's a reason CBR is £359 cheaper than PORS.;)
This^^^^

There is no question that CBR has some check marks in the wrong columns. It's poor layout and lack of queen beds are the biggest ones for me.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Now most folk on here know my love for Riverside,but thanks to Crush Dude,( yes he posted this morning ) Free DDP has been announced for 2014. Now Oceans Florida are the first out the trap flying with Virgin but for July the CBR is £359 cheaper than PORS.:eek: Gobsmacked as CBR is usually the dearest of the 4 mods.Our first trip in 2004 was at CBR ( one week ) so I really can't remember much about it..So has anyone been to CBR recently and how did you enjoy it.?

How much for CS ???

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

The reason I never ever fancied the CS was I heard it gets used for conventions and the food court has a server? Is this right? Or am I dreaming again.

It can't hurt to ask/get a quote, and you're not dreaming. How important is the food court to you? CSR also has Cafe Rix which has some grab and go food, the main pool bar also serves items for lunch and dinner AND ADULT BEVERAGES, and the evening lounge (MORE ADULT BEVERAGES) looks neat.

Buzz's resort website lists the conventions booked and their dates. We only have one while we're there.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
It can't hurt to ask get a quote, and you're not dreaming. How important is the food court to you? CSR also has Cafe Rix which has some grab and go food, the main pool bar also serves items for lunch and dinner AND ADULT BEVERAGES, and the evening lounge (MORE ADULT BEVERAGES) looks neat.

Buzz's resort website lists the conventions booked and their dates. We only have one while we're there.
We do use the food court quite a lot..Quick breakfast at 7.00am..Snack around 2.00pm..maybe a late bite for supper,etc.But I will get a quote as you say,no harm in asking.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

We do use the food court quite a lot..Quick breakfast at 7.00am..Snack around 2.00pm..maybe a late bite for supper,etc.But I will get a quote as you say,no harm in asking.

It may be comparing apples and oranges, but CSR gets a good discount here in the States. They may be "enticing" y'all to choose CBR over all the others, though. Please holler back when you get a price. I'd love to see what they offer.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

@real mad hatter, CB is the one mod I won't even consider. Full sized beds, and a growing teenage boy just don't mix. We also use the food court quite a bit, and are never on the dining plan. I don't want to pay the extra service fee at CS. Even with the discounts they offered in the States, I really wasn't saving anything once I opted for the preferred room. So Port Orleans for us!

Upvote 0

bluejasmine

We HATED CBR its so spread out you actually need to get on an internal bus to get to the food court, main pool and then the check in is in a totally different building away from food court as well!

POR we have stayed at twice once in Mansions which were really nice and once in Alligator Bayou which I didn't think we would like but they were so cute!

The only thing that kills me about POR is that Darn song that plays every hr on the hr at the food court.. Its annoying but catchy.. We went in Dec and Im STILL catch myself singing it! Its as bad as IASW song! LOL

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
We HATED CBR its so spread out you actually need to get on an internal bus to get to the food court, main pool and then the check in is in a totally different building away from food court as well!

POR we have stayed at twice once in Mansions which were really nice and once in Alligator Bayou which I didn't think we would like but they were so cute!

The only thing that kills me about POR is that Darn song that plays every hr on the hr at the food court.. Its annoying but catchy.. We went in Dec and Im STILL catch myself singing it! Its as bad as IASW song! LOL
. Now you've got me thinking..What song.?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom