DAK Needs More Than Blue Aliens

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, and since I don't have a thread anymore I did want to apologise to an old source of mine if he actually still reads here.

He was right when he came to me in late 2007 and told me that Nick Franklin had concocted a development for Australia that he was working hard to sell Rasulo and Iger on. I couldn't ever get confirmation and thought it was absurd (I still do), but it also happened to be true -- unlike most 'Disney is looking to build here' deals.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
"will feature at least two major attractions"

Is he sure about that?

Nothing new or really interesting in that article. A rehash of much of what has been said on the forums for years. He also misses some of the other significant changes coming to DAK.

ABQ

3 of the 4 parks need "more" - doesn't mean the avatar new development isn't going to be good

that article also fails to mention the new nighttime shows and entertainment as well as the new safari nighttime ride
Well, to be honest, the article offers zero in terms of "news". It pulls data from both Jason Garcia's article and nearly everything else already stated on the Avatar Breaks Ground thread here. I'm kicking myself for commenting here as this thread should simply be merged with that one.

kcnole

Adding Avatarland will certainly help DAK. What DAK needs is several C ticket type, indoor attractions of some sort. If Sea World hadn't beaten them to the punch, I would have loved to see an indoor arctic attraction with a ride through different arctic exhibits. I think if they add Avatarland and also two smaller C ticket, indoor rides that the park will be much more complete.

WDWDad13

Adding Avatarland will certainly help DAK. What DAK needs is several C ticket type, indoor attractions of some sort. If Sea World hadn't beaten them to the punch, I would have loved to see an indoor arctic attraction with a ride through different arctic exhibits. I think if they add Avatarland and also two smaller C ticket, indoor rides that the park will be much more complete.

how about a new section of the park to mimic DisneySea :)

SirLink

While I agree that DAK needs more than just Avatar, if it had actually added what the original title of this thread was, it would be a MUCH more interesting park! :cautious:

You know, instead of developing in Australia, they should just instead develop Australia as a new land in DAK.

Animals are expensive ... best to do anything that don't rely on real Animals.

71jason

You know, instead of developing in Australia, they should just instead develop Australia as a new land in DAK.

This is such a no-brainer I don't know why they haven't. Koalas/kangaroos easier to come by than giant pandas, throw in an off-the-shelf thrill ride (the "Boomarang," the "Walkaround," whatever) and a restaurant, gives guests another hour or two, and the internet fanbase would explode.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm still "meh" about the whole Avatar-thing. It wasn't that great of a movie (IMO) and it's NOT DISNEY (to me)!!!!!!!

I won't deny that AK needs SOME-thing but I don't think Avatar is it. It seems like the Imagineers have gotten lazy and instead of coming up with new ideas - are seeing what intellectual property they can but of someone else's to exploit.

Beastly Kingdom anyone?

SirLink

I'm still "meh" about the whole Avatar-thing. It wasn't that great of a movie (IMO) and it's NOT DISNEY (to me)!!!!!!!

I won't deny that AK needs SOME-thing but I don't think Avatar is it. It seems like the Imagineers have gotten lazy and instead of coming up with new ideas - are seeing what intellectual property they can but of someone else's to exploit.

Beastly Kingdom anyone?

Stop thinking of the movie and more the setting ... like I fell asleep through one of the Potter movies, however WWOHP is an excellent well made land.

Beastly Kingdomme is DEAD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom