DAK Club33 (former Lion King dark ride thread)

doctornick

wouldn’t it seem kind of strange to have a lion king ride next to a lion king festival show?

I would think that it would be a smarter idea to add a dark ride on the opposite side of the park and make it a jungle book dark ride since they are working on a sequel for the jungle book

I actually tend to agree re: two Lion King attractions. But there was an idea for a smallish Lion King ride when the theater was being built there so maybe they have a good way for them to compliment each other.

If they want a ride in that area, but to not use Lion King as a theme, they could always consider a Tarzan ride.

As for Jungle Book, I think putting in a ride based on that in Asia is such a no brainer. Hopefully it will happen sometime to expand the park offerings.

Po'Rich

The reason why Zootopia is inappropriate for Disney’s Animal Kingdom also applies rather well to The Lion King. That the film is very similar to Hamlet is not some shocking claim, and I think it would be hard to find any serious examination of the play that identifies the power and importance of nature as a theme. Yes, the film does add the Circle of Life concept, but it does not really have much purpose other than giving Simba a claim to the thrown that is not entirely based on primogeniture.
Ugh. At risk of diverting the purpose of this thread, I need to respond to the mistaken belief that Lion King is a retelling of Hamlet. The similarities between Lion King and Hamlet begin and end with the fact that the uncle killed the king/father. That's it. Beyond that, the stories (and themes) are different in very important ways. Both do focus on the responsibility of the prince to act. In Hamlet, the prince needs to assure that what the ghost told him is correct. He also struggles with the morality of killing and regicide. Simba flees because he believes he is responsible for the king's death. He fails to act or take responsibility solely due to his belief in his own guilt in the death of the king. Once he finds out that he isn't responsible for the king's death (and that Scar really is), he acts quickly and without reserve. Hamlet is reserved even when he has discovered the King's guilt. If Hamlet had been like Simba, he would have killed Claudius rather than Polunius in the third act. Different motivations, different themes, different stories. end soapbox

tissandtully

Ugh. At risk of diverting the purpose of this thread, I need to respond to the mistaken belief that Lion King is a retelling of Hamlet. The similarities between Lion King and Hamlet begin and end with the fact that the uncle killed the king/father. That's it. Beyond that, the stories (and themes) are different in very important ways. Both do focus on the responsibility of the prince to act. In Hamlet, the prince needs to assure that what the ghost told him is correct. He also struggles with the morality of killing and regicide. Simba flees because he believes he is responsible for the king's death. He fails to act or take responsibility solely due to his belief in his own guilt in the death of the king. Once he finds out that he isn't responsible for the king's death (and that Scar really is), he acts quickly and without reserve. Hamlet is reserved even when he has discovered the King's guilt. If Hamlet had been like Simba, he would have killed Claudius rather than Polunius in the third act. Different motivations, different themes, different stories. end soapbox
RIP Thread

draybook

a Lion King ride could tell a story though and have special effects... rather than having a live elephant dropping some deuces as you pass by lol

Hey now, I can see special effects at home on the TV. It's not every day that I get to see some human head sized turds being dropped in person.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

What about the part in the Lion King where Nala goes mad and kills herself?

Minthorne

Maybe the lion can roar at us instead of speaking actual words.. you know, just like the shaman AA that's spewing nonsense.

Google nerd data...

.Ma na'rìng alor,O beautiful forest,
Mì na'rìng lu tsngawmpay.There are tears in the forest.
Atokirina'.Woodsprite(s).
Awnga leym, lereym sanWe cry out, calling,
Ma Eywa (3x)"O Eywa!"
2.'Awstengyawnem,Connected as one,
Ma Sa'nok aNawm.O Great Mother.
Atokirina'.Woodsprite(s).
Awnga leym, lereym sanWe cry out, calling,
Ma Eywa (3x)"O Eywa!"
3.Tìnewfa leNa'viBy the People's will,
Na'rìng tìng lawr.The forest is singing.
Atokirina'Woodsprite(s)
Awnga leym, lereym san,We cry out, calling,
Ma Eywa (3x)"O Eywa!"

ToTBellHop

Exactly. Hamlet’s fatal flaw is indecisiveness. If anything, Simba is the opposite—quite impulsive.

baymenxpac

you know, some days i wonder why the internet was even invented, since all it does it cause more strife and consternation for almost everyone that frequents it. then i read this and my hope in humanity is restored.

also, club33? ::fart noise::

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom