DAK Club33 (former Lion King dark ride thread)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Surely there must already be a thread for this one, but I can't seem to find it.

Is there any truth to this? @marni1971 (he mentions you in this article)

I don’t know if it’s been resurrected. As you see from that article, I said it was a proposal to be built when the new theatre was being developed.

The area mentioned though does seem small. Club 33 lounge?

Last edited:

Magic Feather

I haven’t heard of a resurrection, but it would align with a recent shuffling of plans. That said, I have heard a very wide range of company predictions for this reboot. The general consensus I have heard is that it is expected to be the highest grossing remake for the year (trailed by Dumbo, then Aladdin), but it still isn’t looking super hot. Alas, we will see.

CaptainAmerica

I know the “live action” look would blend better in Animal Kingdom but the animated look would work so much better as a ride and wouldn’t feel like Jungle Cruise with singing animals.
If, as the article implies, that the thought process is that the more photo-real version would be better suited in AK vs the original animated style, that makes sense to me. Guess we'll see what shakes out
...100 yards from Kilimanjaro Safaris, which is actual-real, not just photo-real.

doctornick

My hot take is wondering if this could be somehow intertwined with the Club 33 build. Isn't that in the same general area? If they wanted to "hide in plain sight" for the D33 lounge, they could combine it with this ride and maybe a gift shop and make it less obvious to "normal" guests.

Anyway, I would love to see it happen. A small scale dark ride is the kind of attraction this park needs to balance out everything.

doctornick

If, as the article implies, that the thought process is that the more photo-real version would be better suited in AK vs the original animated style, that makes sense to me. Guess we'll see what shakes out

Yeah, I would think the photo real version would fit in better with DAK's vibe. I've felt for a while that the "live action" Jungle Book version would be a good fit for Asia in DAK where the old cartoon would look out of place.

CaptainAmerica

The animatronics could be amazing on such a ride!
fff27eca620fe1cab07ad43f523626c6.gif

Surferboy567

It's funny because much like Poppins in the UK this is a NO BRAINIER we shouldn't even have to theorize about a lion king ride coming should of came years ago. That being said if a project like this was to come to AK I feel like this would finally put AK on closer to a level of the other parks. I personally love AK but alot of my family/friends treat it like the black sheep of Disney World. This combined with Pandora and the looming Zootopia could make AK amazing. It being based on the live action movie though...that is odd. I feel like if it was resurrected surely we would of heard from some other insiders going crazy about these permit filings? Literally no one talks about it which seems weird Diz Twitter/News loves to jump at everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom