Daily housekeeping?

John park hopper

I actually wouldn't care very much if that's what they did and then guests could make a fully informed decision. What I object to is the fact that this wasn't disclosed upfront. I booked the reservation like everything was normal and I only stumbled into the new policy because I was clicking around My Disney Experience.
I agree they should be up front on what the house keeping policy is. The prices they charge for onsite resorts especially at the deluxe resorts one would expect daily house keeping, if it comes to charging extra, yes I would be really PO.

Last edited:

Herdman

Personally, I dont mind it much. I usually make my own bed as a habit and DW and I are pretty clean and dont turn our room upside down. They basically come into our room and never have to do much. Weve always joked that Mousekeeping should tip us on their way out.
We stay at a condo when we travel to the beach each year, and never have daily housekeeping. We actully prefer that so you don't have to worry about them showing up at the door if you're in the middle of lunch or something. I understand Disney is different, but it wouldn't bother us, except for the towel animals....haha

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
We stay at a condo when we travel to the beach each year, and never have daily housekeeping. We actully prefer that so you don't have to worry about them showing up at the door if you're in the middle of lunch or something. I understand Disney is different, but it wouldn't bother us, except for the towel animals....haha
Disney resorts are hotels, not condos. Even a $39.99 roadside motel will make your bed every day.

John park hopper

Disney resorts are hotels, not condos. Even a $39.99 roadside motel will make your bed every day.
Agree staying at condo or renting an off site home one would not expect house keeping, but staying at a hotel/motel off site or staying onsite Disney one would expect daily housekeeping (as they have always done in the past). The wife and I tend to be neat and don't need daily housekeeping we simply leave the do not disturb sign on the door on those days we don't want it (I want to be the one to make that decision).

nicb88

I normally stay DVC so don’t receive daily housekeeping anyway, but I do wonder what might happen in the case of an international guest such as myself. We often stay 14 nights or more, and in a deluxe/DVC resort that can very quickly add up.

Not only the price, but after 7 nights I would really rather new sheets when we’ve been continually wandering and getting sweaty and generally ‘less than desirable‘. I definitely wouldn’t want the same sheets by the end of 2 weeks in this circumstance.

Can new sheets be requested, similar to the towels?

Lilofan

I normally stay DVC so don’t receive daily housekeeping anyway, but I do wonder what might happen in the case of an international guest such as myself. We often stay 14 nights or more, and in a deluxe/DVC resort that can very quickly add up.

Not only the price, but after 7 nights I would really rather new sheets when we’ve been continually wandering and getting sweaty and generally ‘less than desirable‘. I definitely wouldn’t want the same sheets by the end of 2 weeks in this circumstance.

Can new sheets be requested, similar to the towels?
I'm sure with just a phone call you can request this. You are spending thousands of dollars and WDW should accommodate your requests.

Jon81uk

If this were Twitter and not Wdwmagic, I would use many curse words to describe how much I hate this. I don't even reuse towels at home, let alone on vacation. Not to mention coming home after a long day in the parks to... a bed that's not made.

I was afraid companies would do this and cut costs while claiming it was due to the virus. It's like when they tried to cut down on their laundry costs and asked every to reuse their towels to "protect the environment."

At home I was towels about weekly. I think you are definitely in the minority doing that volume of laundry. Most people are happy using towels more than once.

Herdman

The info Disney has sent me indicates light cleaning every other day (trash removal and new towels), vacuuming if needed, or you can decline altogether. I'm guessing we'll take that service, but the bed making piece is a non issue for us. Totally respect others that would expect that service.

Tom P.

Normally, I am one who definitely prefers daily housekeeping and would not choose to opt out. Right now, however, with COVID, I would prefer they stay out of my room as much as possible. I realize that there are very different opinions about the seriousness of COVID around these parts, and I'm not looking to re-ignite that debate, but for me, I'd rather they stay out.

Dory71

We stayed at a Hilton Home2Suites last weekend and they had stickers on the mirror stating that due to Covid they were not providing daily housekeeping as not to enter the room. Towels and amenities could be requested of course. It was not an issue as we only stayed 2 nights.

JohnD

If this were Twitter and not Wdwmagic, I would use many curse words to describe how much I hate this. I don't even reuse towels at home, let alone on vacation. Not to mention coming home after a long day in the parks to... a bed that's not made.

I was afraid companies would do this and cut costs while claiming it was due to the virus. It's like when they tried to cut down on their laundry costs and asked every to reuse their towels to "protect the environment."

It looks like every other day is COVID related. Being able to opt out was already offered prior to COVID. But instead of "protect the environment" the reasoning is "protect guests and cast members." I don't think they could sustain it beyond whenever it is considered we're past the pandemic, however.

durangojim

We were at WDW for a total of 13 nights in mid July. We had housekeeping every other day but requested additional towels so we had new ones when we wanted them. I thought I would really miss it but it wasn't a really big deal.

Diesel Dan

We stayed at POP for a week in Feb 2020 and chose to opt out of the Housekeeping. We received a $60 gift card. We put our trash outside the door every morning when we left for the parks and asked for new towels daily. They always took the trash, left extra towels and trash bags. We made our own beds. We had no problem with this. We were there about a month before the COVID really started so don't know how much it has changed, but we would still opt out of Housekeeping in the future because it wasn't a big deal to us.

Lilofan

We stayed at POP for a week in Feb 2020 and chose to opt out of the Housekeeping. We received a $60 gift card. We put our trash outside the door every morning when we left for the parks and asked for new towels daily. They always took the trash, left extra towels and trash bags. We made our own beds. We had no problem with this. We were there about a month before the COVID really started so don't know how much it has changed, but we would still opt out of Housekeeping in the future because it wasn't a big deal to us.
Opting out of housekeeping creates less work and less earnings to the housekeeping cast members but in the long run its a money savings for WDW.

mousedroid

When we were planning to go in May we had opted out of housekeeping to get the gift card. At home we use towels for three showers and then switch to a new one, and we change the sheets on the bed weekly.

I don't really need anything more than that on vacation, and we were planning to opt out of housekeeping again when we go in April, especially since it will mean our room and everything is less exposed to someone who might be sick. However, if they are no longer offering the gift card as an incentive to opt out, we may not do so. It will depend on what C19 looks like in FY21.

JohnD

Just another reason not to go right now, among the many, many other, why anyone would be going now is just crazy

Call me "crazy" if you want, but when I go, it's a chance to be inside the Disney bubble and shut out the world. I hardly ever watch the TV or check the news while I'm there. I know, I know. Masks and COVID policies will be around me consistently. So I'll just throw on whatever Disney mask suits me that day and go enjoy the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom