D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—Coming to Anaheim Next August

Sneakman

I dunno man, they’re advertising the musical padding that was there last d23. That gives me little hope. It’s not that we’re gonna get nothing, I’m pretty sure everything rumored is all that we are getting. No big new surprise, no shocking thing, nothing, except for maybe a blue sky
I don’t mean to be a super duper pessimist, but I don’t really have any expectation anymore.

peng

I'm curious about the announcements but I came to read all the complaints from you all before the event even starts. :rolleyes:
Oh, I do have plenty I am excited about, as I said, they seem to have made massive improvements from last year. Panel lineup has a ton of interesting things (Disney restoration panel, a panel on animated film direction, lot of interesting sounding retrospectives, ink and paint demonstrations, etc) and the showfloor has a lot to offer (pixar putt, a booth designed by Tony Baxter, a place where you can make your own version of the "I'm X and you are watching disney channel bumpers," Demonstrations of the Volume and other effects and some interesting sounding things in the store. Sure the parks panel will be a festival of disappointment, but the show floor sounds like a blast compared to the sea of boring merch that was the 2022 expo.

KatiebugFan

It has the sphere pattern on the left of the big sun thing. Maybe it’s a double meaning?
1720722578995.jpeg

Surferboy567

Oh, I do have plenty I am excited about, as I said, they seem to have made massive improvements from last year. Panel lineup has a ton of interesting things (Disney restoration panel, a panel on animated film direction, lot of interesting sounding retrospectives, ink and paint demonstrations, etc) and the showfloor has a lot to offer (pixar putt, a booth designed by Tony Baxter, a place where you can make your own version of the "I'm X and you are watching disney channel bumpers," Demonstrations of the Volume and other effects and some interesting sounding things in the store. Sure the parks panel will be a festival of disappointment, but the show floor sounds like a blast compared to the sea of boring merch that was the 2022 expo
Im pretty hopeful about the parks maybe I’m too optimistic. Let’s see what they got though. I’ll be the first person to come here and say it sucks if it does.

Also, agreed on the show floor and panels.

So…is every panel a reservation one? How does that work they haven’t published a panel list the requires reservation?

peng

Im pretty hopeful about the parks maybe I’m too optimistic. Let’s see what they got though. I’ll be the first person to come here and say it sucks if it does.

Also, agreed on the show floor and panels.

So…is every panel a reservation one? How does that work they haven’t published a panel list the requires reservation?
Yes, how it works is that the reservation system is random (last year I got stuck in a panel that I did not want to be in, gave it to a family who wanted it instead), but usually you can get into the panels you want via the standby queue.

https://d23.com/ultimate-disney-fan-event/2024-reservations/ Use this link if you want to know how to use the reservation website, since it is random and not first come first served, take your time.

Zipadeelady

I dunno man, they’re advertising the musical padding that was there last d23. That gives me little hope. It’s not that we’re gonna get nothing, I’m pretty sure everything rumored is all that we are getting. No big new surprise, no shocking thing, nothing, except for maybe a blue sky
Nice! Your post is a little hopeful and encouraging. Only a little skepticism. Hardly any complaining at all. :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I mean … It’s been a quarter century. They’re not going to retire a common word forever.

and you'd think they would be so proud of their newest offerings to not paint 25+ year old attraction reminders in their new buildings and merchandise.

Disney once again "let's remind you of this thing you loved that we destroyed for an inferior product!"

Gusey

I"m sorry, but I hate the idea of musical performances during the show. I'm not watching for that. I'm watching for the news on the parks.
They are there to ease transitions between speakers, make it more of a show and give the speakers a chance to catch their breath. Without them, it would just be 90 minutes of talking straight. They exist for practical reasons as well as just adding some musical interludes, it's what they've always done

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom