News D23 Expo 2022

mightynine

If I were to temper my expectations any lower, I’d be expecting an announcement they are selling the Experiences division to fund a remake of The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes or pay for Major League Tiddlywinks rights for ESPN+ or something.

MagicHappens1971

Josh sent cast a short video talking about the Parks panel, talking about the future of Avengers Campus, the new ship, Frozen themed lands at international parks, the Disney 100 celebration starting at DLR, and "so much more cool stuff to share".

BrianLo

I expect cruise ship updates. Lighthouse Point. DVC they’ll probably push the Disneyland hotel and briefly mention Poly.

Epcot will circle around Moana and the hub. An opening date for Tron.

A pretty lengthy segment for Tiana’s Ride.

An ‘look at all the incredible things coming overseas, but don’t worry we own WDSP now so we just shovel the old crap to that park’ segment.

Open and close with musical numbers and/or cast appreciation.

Avengers ride for DCA and hopefully Tomorrowland for DLR.

Attendees will be happy and this forum will declare it the worst D23 yet.

CaptainAmerica

I expect cruise ship updates. Lighthouse Point. DVC they’ll probably push the Disneyland hotel and briefly mention Poly.

An ‘look at all the incredible things coming overseas, but don’t worry we own WDSP now so we just shovel the old crap to that park’ segment.

All of this plus a Fantasmic date are the absolute baseline from which I'm keeping my prediction of "all of this plus 1.5 legitimately good surprises."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Academically speaking…they’d probably be right too

ToTBellHop

So am I the only one on the limb saying this won't suck? I expect appropriate accolades if I'm right. And I'll accept my flogging when I'm wrong.
Steve’s comment left me Tom Brady-level deflated.
1662915287605.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So am I the only one on the limb saying this won't suck? I expect appropriate accolades if I'm right. And I'll accept my flogging when I'm wrong.
There is zero of the usual vibe/indicators that anything significant in Florida is coming…

But I hope I’m wrong (and it annoys everyone when I’m not wrong 100% of the time)

But this is the first Slaphead Con…so who k now’s?

Let me ask: why do you think anything is coming??

ToTBellHop

There is zero of the usual vibe/indicators that anything significant in Florida is coming…

But I hope I’m wrong (and it annoys everyone when I’m not wrong 100% of the time)

But this is the first Slaphead Con…so who k now’s?

Let me ask: why do you think anything is coming??
They kind of owe it to WDW fans but Chapek doesn’t really care. WDW kept the parks segment alive during the pandemic. So did Disney+ (For the company) yet only one of the two sees investment?

He’s a real asshat.

Dan Deesnee

I think you are far off. You mention Merchandise heavy, but I came back from WDW on Wednesday. That trip was my first for WDW since 2019 and there was less merchandise then it was in 2019. There also were shops closed in WDW including Magic Kingdom and I'm guessing haven't been opened since the pandemic.

Personally I don't see anything big announced for WDW. Disneyland is getting something Marvel E ticket related connected to multiverse. I expect oversea announcements.

I expect Tron opening date announcement, Epcot being talked about, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, Fantasmic opening date and information that new upcoming DVC at Polynesian for WDW.

You have look at not all shareholders are theme park fans. They only care about bottom-line. The other thing is Disney usually caters to different age group than Universal for theme parks to a point from a traditional sense.

To top it off, Disney Management wants less guests at WDW because of operating coasts in terms of employees in a theme park. There also is Disney believe they can make the same money now at WDW without as money guests. If Disney loses 1 or 2 million guests to Epic Universe, it would be small change if the profits don't get worse.

Your last point about wanting less guests is not true actually, what they've said is that they want to increase guess spending. And another way to boost revenue they've mentioned is to increase capacity while keeping the high level of guest spending. That's why expanding MK and possibly adding a premium direct entrance resort could work. Not saying they're going to do it by any stretch but it wouldn't shock me.

CaptainAmerica

Steve’s comment left me Tom Brady-level deflated.
View attachment 666007
I just can't shake this sense that Bob cares much more about Disney100 than WDW50 and wants to leave his legacy.

Legacy... What is a legacy? It's breaking ground for an attraction you never get to see.

I drew some concept art at the beginning of a ride someone will build for me

EPCOT, you great unfinished symphony, you sent for me

You let me make a difference, a place where even bald executives

Can leave their fingerprints and rise up

I'm running out of time, I'm running, and my time's up

Wise up, eyes up.

I catch a glimpse of the other side

The Shermans sing a soldiers' chorus on the other side

Roy is on the other side
He's with his brother on the other side
WALT is watching from the other side

Teach me how to say goodbye

Rise up, rise up, rise up, D'Amaro!
My love, take your time
I'll see you on the other side

Raise a glass to freedom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom