News D23 Expo 2022

solidyne

Sorry to dredge this from earlier in the thread, but I haven't stopped thinking about the whole "Part of Your World" sequence since they previewed it in the panel. Agree with everything you said, but also wanted to add that there's also a wonderful build up in the "love to explore that shore up abo-o-ove" that they pulled from the Broadway orchestration. So good.

Halle justifies each choice, in my opinion; you can hear her anger and want so bad that Ariel can't help but use her voice as a form of catharsis.
Is the full scene (shown at D23) available online? Was this one of the streamed events?

dreday3

Original Pinocchio is tops in my book. That and Lady and The Tramp were childhood favorites. So I was expecting so much.

It's just... different and I have trouble not comparing it to the original. I didn't hate it like others did though.
I can't, there's a cat in it. 😂

I'm quoting myself.

My friend came over with her kids and we watched Pinocchio, again for me. I have to admit, I think first watch I was already swayed by the bad reviews.

I'm a HUGE Pinocchio fan so I was critical at first.

Spoilers below:

First, the entire opening scene in the workshop is pure joy. Everything is spot on and the clocks are fantastic.

The Blue Fairy was excellent. I was so easily able to forget my preconceived notion of what the Blue Fairy was "supposed" to look like.

Honest John was perfect! Anyone catch the Chris Pine joke? 😀

The seagull was an odd choice.
Stromboli was soooo good.
The dancer wasn't needed but still fun to watch.
Stagecoach scene with all the kids waving their arms was just like scene in original where they were in shadow. Very cool.
Pleasure Island was awesome. Luke Evans can sing. Yes there were girls. Yes it was root beer not beer.. Who cares. No smoking.
Donkey scene still horrifying as heck, almost worse.

Won't spoil rest. I will say I prefer the original ending. Also this movie was visually stunning and I thought his facial expressions were very well done.

Anyways, I don't get these horrible reviews. I feel like maybe some people weren't actually fans of the original? How could you call this boring?

Give this a shot. This will be on my rewatch list. I think when Disney hate dies down a bit, this will be more appreciated.

And Figaro stole the show.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm quoting myself.

My friend came over with her kids and we watched Pinocchio, again for me. I have to admit, I think first watch I was already swayed by the bad reviews.

I'm a HUGE Pinocchio fan so I was critical at first.

Spoilers below:

First, the entire opening scene in the workshop is pure joy. Everything is spot on and the clocks are fantastic.

The Blue Fairy was excellent. I was so easily able to forget my preconceived notion of what the Blue Fairy was "supposed" to look like.

Honest John was perfect! Anyone catch the Chris Pine joke? 😀

The seagull was an odd choice.
Stromboli was soooo good.
The dancer wasn't needed but still fun to watch.
Stagecoach scene with all the kids waving their arms was just like scene in original where they were in shadow. Very cool.
Pleasure Island was awesome. Luke Evans can sing. Yes there were girls. Yes it was root beer not beer.. Who cares. No smoking.
Donkey scene still horrifying as heck, almost worse.

Won't spoil rest. I will say I prefer the original ending. Also this movie was visually stunning and I thought his facial expressions were very well done.

Anyways, I don't get these horrible reviews. I feel like maybe some people weren't actually fans of the original? How could you call this boring?

Give this a shot. This will be on my rewatch list. I think when Disney hate dies down a bit, this will be more appreciated.

And Figaro stole the show.
Self quote foul…2 minutes in the sin bin…

UNCgolf

I agree too. I enjoyed that one.

Wanda vision and Loki were painful. Wanda vision did make more sense after strange…so ok

I liked falcon while I watched it…but hated it after when they announced a movie that ignores a “problem” they don’t really want to address

I think Loki is by far the best Disney+ Marvel show, and really the only one I enjoyed from start to finish.

WandaVision was great most of the way through, but it kind of fell apart over the last couple of episodes. I mainly loved all the sitcom references/TV history, though.

Last edited:

FoodRockz

I think Loki is by far the best Disney+ Marvel show, and really the only one I enjoyed from start to finish.

WandaVision was great most of the way through, but it kind of fell apart over the last couple of episodes. I mainly loved all the sitcom references/TV history, though.
Funny, I agree with this take. But, I still give WandaVision the nod as my fav even though they fumbled it at the end. So close to greatness.

Ms. Marvel was fun though. Just not as impressive to me.

Dan Deesnee

I was taking one of my patented 40 minute showers tonight and this wild idea came into my head about tomorrow's announcements.

First to back track, I had heard somewhere recently that they were thinking of adding a new MK resort that actually connected to MK, similar to Grand Californian in Disneyland. This would connect somewhere in Frontierland.

Second, I had also heard Bobby was looking to make a big splash, something to put him in the Disney history books.

Third, we have had very, VERY few rumors or leaks. Suspiciously few.

My prediction is that the announcement is not a 5th gate but a very large expansion to MK which includes a new resort with direct access to the park. In a way, this makes a lot of sense. MK is merchandise and restaurant heavy so getting capacity up would line their pockets. It would also steal thunder from Epic Universe.

Thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom