News D23 Expo 2022

Haymarket2008

Absolutely

If you don’t recognize the significance of 9/11 and 12/7 then I can’t help you. They’re not just another day of the week. They’re significant dates in American history and world history.

They most certainly are, but the world goes on. Yet, schools, offices, federal agencies, etc do not halt their day because of it. Anyone can choose to acknowledge it, as they should. But to assume that D23 shouldn't be held on that day BECAUSE of what happened is a bit bizarre.

Californian Elitist

Absolutely

If you don’t recognize the significance of 9/11 and 12/7 then I can’t help you. They’re not just another day of the week. They’re significant dates in American history and world history.
They’re significant days in history, but that doesn’t mean that corporations and people are going to not make plans when these dates come each year. That’s extreme.

If you want to do it, fine, but not everyone else will, and there’s nothing weird about that.

EricsBiscuit

They’re significant days in history, but that doesn’t mean that corporations and people are going to not make plans when these dates come each year. That’s extreme.

If you want to do it, fine, but not everyone else will, and there’s nothing weird about that.
I get that it just seemed weird to me. They probably couldn’t find another date at the Anaheim Convention Center and were stuck with it that’s all.

JMcMahonEsq

I think the point is there are 51 other weeks in the year, and it seems a little odd to select that day, all things being equal. Sure life goes on, but why not have the event on 9/18, or 9/25, and avoid the talking point entirely?

Lilofan

I think the point is there are 51 other weeks in the year, and it seems a little odd to select that day, all things being equal. Sure life goes on, but why not have the event on 9/18, or 9/25, and avoid the talking point entirely?
I think the ones in attendance won’t even blink an eye that the last day of the expo is in Sunday Sept 11.

Californian Elitist

I get that it just seemed weird to me. They probably couldn’t find another date at the Anaheim Convention Center and were stuck with it that’s all.
Why do you find it weird? I’m curious.
Why do you find it odd?

The dates have been public for a while now. There hasn’t been a big public fuss about it. It hasn’t been on the news, no backlash on social media. For the most part, no one cares and it will be business as usual.

JoeCamel

Why do you find it odd?

The dates have been public for a while now. There hasn’t been a big public fuss about it. It hasn’t been on the news, no backlash on social media. For the most part, no one cares and it will be business as usual.
We move on as part of healing but we don't forget

HoraceHorizons

Be nice if they finally made a new country happen. There was so much talk about Brazil at the last D23 and then nothing at all. I also think there is a surprising lack of interest in adding South America to DAK or just give us a legit Adventurer's Club at DAK. Oddly enough Dinoland isn't a bad place for that.

Be great if they expanded PANDORA to make a new attraction for the sequel.

JMcMahonEsq

Why do you find it odd?

Because there is no question the date itself has a certain connotation and built in significance to it. I am not saying life doesn’t go on. We have a youth baseball game and football game scheduled for that day and they will be played normally (though likely with a moment of silence.) My point is why chose that day?

It’s not like Disney just says well we need to have this convention let’s just see what date we land on and whoops it happens to be 9/11. Unless there is a specific reason to pick a day that already has significance attached to it, why leave your self open to even the slightest of bad Pr, without an upside. Hell why do it when there is something you know is going to impact the news cycle if your don’t have to? Your telling me you couldn’t see the possibly of DeSantis and his funky bible bunch taking some kind of cheap shot “Disney parties while we remember our fallen heroes” or “Disney Celebrates on the day of Americas greatest tragedy!” Further proof of the degradation of corporate culture, blah blah blah. Listen all BS I would say and I would think you agree. I just don’t see the upside of choosing that date and leaving even the minor BS window open without a reason/up side.

Californian Elitist

Because there is no question the date itself has a certain connotation and built in significance to it. I am not saying life doesn’t go on. We have a youth baseball game and football game scheduled for that day and they will be played normally (though likely with a moment of silence.) My point is why chose that day?

It’s not like Disney just says well we need to have this convention let’s just see what date we land on and whoops it happens to be 9/11. Unless there is a specific reason to pick a day that already has significance attached to it, why leave your self open to even the slightest of bad Pr, without an upside. Hell why do it when there is something you know is going to impact the news cycle if your don’t have to? Your telling me you couldn’t see the possibly of DeSantis and his funky bible bunch taking some kind of cheap shot “Disney parties while we remember our fallen heroes” or “Disney Celebrates on the day of Americas greatest tragedy!” Further proof of the degradation of corporate culture, blah blah blah. Listen all BS I would say and I would think you agree. I just don’t see the upside of choosing that date and leaving even the minor BS window open without a reason/up side.
Who cares what DeSantis or Bible-thumpers will think, though? Disney will never please anyone anyway. Bible-thumpers are going to Bible-thump.

I don’t agree, but that’s okay. If this were 2002, sure. 2022, no. It’s been business as usual for a long time in capitalist America. Same with other dates in history marking similar incidents.

Magenta Panther

The Owl House sucks. Lousy world-building, bland main character (except when she's being completely oblivious to the pain she causes others, as in the first episode, where her "quirky" antics endanger her fellow students, so you can add "obnoxious" to the bland), utterly forgettable. Amphibia it ain't. Its only redeeming value is having Wendy Malick as a voice actress. She rocks.

So yeah, don't even mention Owl House (which has been cancelled) as an addition to a Disney park, even facetiously. That's a sin of imagination right there.

Speaking of Amphibia, yeah, it too has no chance of being added to a Disney park, but...it would fit right into Animal Kingdom. In fact, the Navi River ride should be replaced by Amphibia's swamp world. It'd be a lot more fun IMO. And probably make a lot more sense, narratively speaking.

I'd still rather have Zootopia, though...

J4546

Who cares what DeSantis or Bible-thumpers will think, though? Disney will never please anyone anyway. Bible-thumpers are going to Bible-thump.

I don’t agree, but that’s okay. If this were 2002, sure. 2022, no. It’s been business as usual for a long time in capitalist America. Same with other dates in history marking similar incidents.
people that are complaining about this are just people looking for things to get upset about. Granted, people love to be outraged and some our "news/journalism" industry has unfortunately decided to cater toward that instead of factual reporting... Also certain political persons will use this to rile up their base, but those people suck.

brb1006

The Owl House sucks. Lousy world-building, bland main character (except when she's being completely oblivious to the pain she causes others, as in the first episode, where her "quirky" antics endanger her fellow students, so you can add "obnoxious" to the bland), utterly forgettable. Amphibia it ain't. Its only redeeming value is having Wendy Malick as a voice actress. She rocks.

So yeah, don't even mention Owl House (which has been cancelled) as an addition to a Disney park, even facetiously. That's a sin of imagination right there.

Speaking of Amphibia, yeah, it too has no chance of being added to a Disney park, but...it would fit right into Animal Kingdom. In fact, the Navi River ride should be replaced by Amphibia's swamp world. It'd be a lot more fun IMO. And probably make a lot more sense, narratively speaking.

I'd still rather have Zootopia, though...
As a person who watched the series from the beginning to the conclusion of Season 2. You're really missing out.

JMcMahonEsq

people that are complaining about this are just people looking for things to get upset about. Granted, people love to be outraged and some our "news/journalism" industry has unfortunately decided to cater toward that instead of factual reporting... Also certain political persons will use this to rile up their base, but those people suck.
I don’t disagree, but that’s sort of my point, why bother putting up with any of the BS. When it’s just as easy to pick another weekend, why PICK 9/11. I am not saying don’t open the parks, don’t go on with business. I am just saying unless there is a reason it has to be 9/11, it works out better having it 9/18

Lilofan

I don’t disagree, but that’s sort of my point, why bother putting up with any of the BS. When it’s just as easy to pick another weekend, why PICK 9/11. I am not saying don’t open the parks, don’t go on with business. I am just saying unless there is a reason it has to be 9/11, it works out better having it 9/18
Speculating on BS because the event falls on 9/11? Ain’t gonna happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom