News D23 Expo 2022

tcool123

Just out of curiosity, has anybody who's been in one of the live action remakes been named a Disney Legend yet?
Working backwards from 2019, and back there is:
  1. Ming-Na When - Cameo in Mulan
  2. James Earl Jones - Mufasa in The Lion King
  3. Oprah Winfrey - Mrs. Which in A Wrinkle in Time
  4. Johnny Depp - The Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass
  5. Karen Dotrice - The Elegant Lady in Mary Poppins Returns
  6. Tim Allen - The Sh@ggy Dog in The Sh@ggy Dog, Santa Clause in The Santa Clauses
  7. Dick Van Dike - Mr. Dawes Jr. in Mary Poppins Returns
  8. Angela Lansbury - The Balloon Lady in Mary Poppins Returns
I may be missing a few, but that's about it.

Jon Favreau
He became a Disney Legend in 2019.

If I were to guess though, Tom Hanks would be up there. He's played Turner from the original Turner and the Hooch, Woody in Toy Story, Walt Disney in Saving Mr. Banks, and Geppetto in the Pinocchio remake which comes out right smack middle during D23 semes like perfect synergy to me.

Surferboy567

I’m really hoping for the revival of the EPCOT projects, namely Poppins and Spaceship Earth. We just need some attractions on the horizon to look forward to hoping EPCOT get’s the love it deserves, I’m looking at you Imagination.

The other parks (namely AK) could use some additions but EPCOT has so much potential.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh, I almost forgot one other new Disney Legend: Giannis Antetokounmpo.

"We are honoring this outstanding young man because we made a D+ show about him, and in my book, that makes him a Disney Legend. Be sure to watch the NBA on ESPN this season! (Please watch. We're giving the NBA billions...)" - Bob Chapek

MagicHappens1971

You guys are haters 😂 . HSMTMTS is angsty, campy teen melodrama at its finest, and those kids are talented as hell.

I'll die on this hill.
I don’t understand what everyone’s problem with Olivia Rodrigo is either. She’s extremely talented and has had very quick success following the show. They’re not gonna retheme any rides to include Olivia rodrgio

UNCgolf

I don’t understand what everyone’s problem with Olivia Rodrigo is either. She’s extremely talented and has had very quick success following the show. They’re not gonna retheme any rides to include Olivia rodrgio

I don't think anyone has a problem with her -- I think it's just a running joke because someone came here and made a post about how they were going to change RnRC from Aerosmith to Olivia Rodrigo with a long description of her music and how it mixes all preceding genres into something entirely new or something ridiculous like that.

ChrisM

I don't think anyone has a problem with her -- I think it's just a running joke because someone came here and made a post about how they were going to change RnRC from Aerosmith to Olivia Rodrigo with a long description of her music and how it mixes all preceding genres into something entirely new or something ridiculous like that.

And it was very clearly a paid PR shill - and a transparently lousy one to boot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom