News D23 Expo 2022

michmousefan

The poppins addition - if done like ratatouille - could be a big add.

I’d also like them to flesh out another pavilion on the other side of the showcase. Germany would be my pick.

If they were to put in something between seas and the land? And then find some way to rehab imagination?

It would be the best Disney park…which is what it was built to be and should be
I so want the Poppins attraction to be on the scale of Ratatouille, but I imagine *if* there is an announcement it will be to dust off the "indoor spinner with story" or whatever lackluster plans they had and pat themselves on the back for a "major" attraction addition.

Plus they might show a model of Communicore Hall and light it from about 15 angles with some high-energy music playing...

Disney Dad 3000

I would love to be wrong, but all of the wording for WDW expectations seems to imply any "new" announcements will simply be updates, new concept art, etc on things already announced that are getting close to being done, or never got started and played off as exciting new things (Moana, Communicore rebuilt, PLAY pavilion, Splash Mt/Tiana, maybe a Mermaid replacement at DHS). They may shock us, but I honestly don't think they'll react to Epic Universe in any grand fashion until it's open (or D23 in '24 at earliest) and they see what the impact is to ticket sales/occupancy/guests spend to then freak out.

The only big news I think we could reasonably expect is something in the Primevil Whirl space. Recent AK surveys and logic would seem to suggest they need to do something there and are thinking about it from a ride capacity standpoint, but then logic doesn't always factor into their decisions and thinking.

Haymarket2008

I think it is certain Spaceship Earth, PLAY and probably Wondrous China will be put back on the shelf with an announcement at D23. (And some clarification of World Celebration additions.)

Less certain? A fresh upgrade for The Seas (which was very much in the pipeline) and probably The Land, too.

They really don't have a whole lot left to truly announce apart from the above mentioned stuff and.....Imagination. If the company wasn't so all over the place, I'd bet that Imagination would finally get announced at this year's ceremony. But I'm highly doubtful.

Other far-fetched guesses: Poppins could get a refreshed design and possibly a light Coco overlay to Gran Fiesta Tour. That's about it.

solidyne

[...] I would argue that MK needs added capacity, at least 4K more guests per hour ride capacity after TRON. EPCOT needs more quality... at minimum total overhauls to Imagination and the Seas. DHS needs more ride capacity, probably 4K guests per hour as well. [...]
An additional 4K of throughput won't help, unless the durations of new attractions increase. I'd take a new attraction of only 900/hr throughput if it lasted more than 2.5 darn minutes!

T * D = PE

Sirwalterraleigh

I would love to be wrong, but all of the wording for WDW expectations seems to imply any "new" announcements will simply be updates, new concept art, etc on things already announced that are getting close to being done, or never got started and played off as exciting new things (Moana, Communicore rebuilt, PLAY pavilion, Splash Mt/Tiana, maybe a Mermaid replacement at DHS). They may shock us, but I honestly don't think they'll react to Epic Universe in any grand fashion until it's open (or D23 in '24 at earliest) and they see what the impact is to ticket sales/occupancy/guests spend to then freak out.

The only big news I think we could reasonably expect is something in the Primevil Whirl space. Recent AK surveys and logic would seem to suggest they need to do something there and are thinking about it from a ride capacity standpoint, but then logic doesn't always factor into their decisions and thinking.
I would like to be wrong in 100% agreeing with you…but I don’t think so.

To me, they’ve kinda telegraphed a no build period for a while now.

My sense is behind close dwarf doors is “we built all that new stuff…so what do you want? Pay up”

It won’t be the first time they did that. Hopefully the same results: ceo out the door.

Sirwalterraleigh

I so want the Poppins attraction to be on the scale of Ratatouille, but I imagine *if* there is an announcement it will be to dust off the "indoor spinner with story" or whatever lackluster plans they had and pat themselves on the back for a "major" attraction addition.

Plus they might show a model of Communicore Hall and light it from about 15 angles with some high-energy music playing...
Well to be fair…and get the tomatoes…these trackless are minor.

I know…pearls must get clutched…but the 3 wdw installations have just been pretty modern rehashed of the old 50’s style dark rides. Very C ticket.

Ratatouille is the best if we’re honest. And that’s a clone.

So I agree I’d like more ingenuity in a Mary poppins ride…but the bar isn’t “lofty” when you see what they have done with the “unlimited potential” of their trackless rides. They’re short and they’re toned down.

I do like rat and mickeys is fine.

Last edited:

JEANYLASER

Any update on Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World. it will be annouce at D23 expo This September and also about Tiana's Bayou adventure? and also the opening date for Tron as well?:confused:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Any update on Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World. it will be annouce at D23 expo This September and also about Tiana's Bayou adventure? and also the opening date for Tron as well?:confused:
I hope Disney and Amblin will FINALLY announces Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 to be confirmed to being producing
and start filming soon during D23 Expo 2022.

Rosso11

I’ve heard some rumblings from people in the know that we will be pleasantly surprised. I have not heard specific details but there should be some significant announcements. Chapek knows he has a major PR issue with the fans. The easiest and quickest way to change the story is to announce something big. I’m still not holding my breath but hopefully it’s true.

GCTales

Sadly, the much anticipated announcement of the high tech $34M Mary Poppins carousel is marred when sources reveal that chappie bought bought a used carousel from a defunct carnival and borrowed screens from Universal to "up-theme" it. In addition, guests will be issued costumes to wear while riding.

He is rumored to have said that up-theming is superior to the previous "plussing" performed by Imagineering. "It adds to our margin, can upcharge to allow advanced costume selection and further shows how our guests ARE the show.

In other rumors, Chappie also recently purchased a $34M yacht.

Captain Neo

Sadly, the much anticipated announcement of the high tech $34M Mary Poppins carousel is marred when sources reveal that chappie bought bought a used carousel from a defunct carnival and borrowed screens from Universal to "up-theme" it. In addition, guests will be issued costumes to wear while riding.

He is rumored to have said that up-theming is superior to the previous "plussing" performed by Imagineering. "It adds to our margin, can upcharge to allow advanced costume selection and further shows how our guests ARE the show.

In other rumors, Chappie also recently purchased a $34M yacht.

Wow Chapek is really spoiling us!

vikescaper

I’ve heard some rumblings from people in the know that we will be pleasantly surprised. I have not heard specific details but there should be some significant announcements. Chapek knows he has a major PR issue with the fans. The easiest and quickest way to change the story is to announce something big. I’m still not holding my breath but hopefully it’s true.
He’s announcing that he is stepping down? 😉

IanDLBZF

I have not heard specific details but there should be some significant announcements. Chapek knows he has a major PR issue with the fans. The easiest and quickest way to change the story is to announce something big. I’m still not holding my breath but hopefully it’s true.
If his presence at D23 leads to a demonstration or protests, then I will not be surprised.

britain

That’s why Peoplemover returning to DL makes sense. It’s an easy fan win that would cost a sliver of what Galaxy’s Edge did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom