News D23 Expo 2019

UNCgolf

I apologise if someone else brought this up and I missed it:

Examining the Epcot posters that were up for D23, the original one for when Epcot began says, 'The 21st century begins October 1, 1982'.

The new one, that has the same graphics says, 'On the brink of a new age October 1, 2019'.

Anyone else think there's a chance something gets announced on October 1?

I was thinking that would be when they started construction, but I guess they already have to an extent. My other thought was that was when Spaceship Earth would close for refurbishment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I apologise if someone else brought this up and I missed it:

Examining the Epcot posters that were up for D23, the original one for when Epcot began says, 'The 21st century begins October 1, 1982'.

The new one, that has the same graphics says, 'On the brink of a new age October 1, 2019'.

Anyone else think there's a chance something gets announced on October 1?

October 1 (or thereabouts - give or take a few months) is when all the demolition is going to occur.

Mike S

I think the audience was just being polite. The whole presentation was just so surreal, people didn't know what to do.... we were just expecting the big announcements that never came.
Sums it up for me as well. Once the parks stuff was over I was mostly just slightly clapping if something was just a little neat or I was just being nice. Amplify that by more than just me and it could be misconstrued as actual enthusiastic applause.

seascape

I think the audience was just being polite. The whole presentation was just so surreal, people didn't know what to do.... we were just expecting the big announcements that never came.
I agree, it was a horrible presentation. Disney needs to do a better job respecting their number 1 resort. WSW is the cash cow for Disney and should receive proper openings.

mk1971

Apparently he tried to make a power play and they punished him with this

There was a lot of local drama in Bahamas when Disney purchased the island. Some local environement groups didn't want it at all, they created petitions online to stop it...

I guess that's why they put Rhoade to talk about Lighthouse Point and focus so much on how they care for the environement.

rocketraccoon

Goin through these pretty quick. Here's a remake of that killer Universe of Energy poster.

Other versions here, even ones without any text: Click me!

I should probably make a thread elsewhere (or check to see if this is even allowed)

The_Jobu

Probably a dumb question, but other than bits and pieces on ebay, does d23 merch ever make its way to the parks?

Usually I'm not a big merch guy, but I saw an Epcot shirt there that looked amazing. Curious if I should just get it out of my head now.

Mike S

Probably a dumb question, but other than bits and pieces on ebay, does d23 merch ever make its way to the parks?

Usually I'm not a big merch guy, but I saw an Epcot shirt there that looked amazing. Curious if I should just get it out of my head now.
This shirt or a different one?
C63891C2-3604-4A00-8BA7-D26295F02136.jpeg

Exclusive merch is one of the big draws of D23 so no I don’t think they ever go out except for resellers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom