News D23 Expo 2019

Dwebble

Seems like a rather dull show so far- nice little tweaks here and there, but nothing revolutionary.

Hope they've got something up their sleeves.

WDW Pro

You could make a "big update" to COP and bring the fourth act only into 2008. What it needs is a full rework so that it ends in 2035.

The BTMRR changes and tech upgrades that Disneyland got five years ago? Or something else?

The only one I know any details about are BTMRR, and that's that it includes new on-ride special effects. HM isn't going down long, so that leads me to believe it will be smaller. Once I hear either who heading up CoP or the budget, I'll know more... or if voice actors are involved.

As for D23, I'm not expecting to hear much about these yet. The focus is very purposefully on Epcot, and from a PR perspective, deviating to other future announcements dilutes the focus and steals from making future buzz.

Always important to keep harmony in your presentations.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You could make a "big update" to COP and bring the fourth act only into 2008. What it needs is a full rework so that it ends in 2035.

The BTMRR changes and tech upgrades that Disneyland got five years ago? Or something else?
Slightly updated tech with a few extra bells and whistles but basically the Disneyland effects along with having the other "show scenes" glowing up a bit
Having just rode several times each...the quality of Disneyland’s space and big thunder over wdw is shocking.

They are such better rides. As are pirates and haunted mansion.

It’s actually sad. At least wdw has the better splash....I guess??

Hyperspace mountain is the best pure Star Wars fun ride they’ve ever built...because Isaac Newton has his say and it’s OT. Just some pure fun. Which is a bit of redemption for the akbar character - considering as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Seems like a rather dull show so far- nice little tweaks here and there, but nothing revolutionary.

Hope they've got something up their sleeves.

I doubt it. This management is way too “accounting” when it comes to parks. It makes the whole division stale and far less visionary.

I agree with the board that the con likely to be “DCL-centric”...which along with DVC (to a lesser degree) is a borderline sycophant market (over spending) nearly detached from reality at this point.

eddie104

Having just rode several times each...the quality of Disneyland’s space and big thunder over wdw is shocking.

All of those except Pirates are subjective and some beg to differ.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
“Harmony” must be the name of the new DCL ship. I know~ I’m a bit slow at times.
Too late 😉

pdude81

Hyperspace mountain is the best pure Star Wars fun ride they’ve ever built...because Isaac Newton has his say and it’s OT. Just some pure fun. Which is a bit of redemption for the akbar character - considering as well.
I get beat up over this every time I post it but I like WDW Small World much better. That and Splash are the only 2 though. DL Pirates, Thunder, and Space more than make up for it though

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If anyone still believes anything they read online, expect this presentation to be Epcot heavy. There should be something for Shanghai and something for Hong Kong, a few Marvel things for DCA (but don’t call it Marvel) including something I don’t think is “out”’yet - well not in the US (and it’s not Slingshot), boat stuff as well but plenty about Epcot. New CV film details. The UK project everyone’s waiting for. SSE. And the thirds of Futureworld.

Plus a few other WDW items outside of the berms. One of them just outside.
From that list, I'd guess we're going to hear that WDW is building a huge parking garage where the racetrack used to be, and turning the TTC parking lot into Disney's Florida Adventure...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get beat up over this every time I post it but I like WDW Small World much better. That and Splash are the only 2 though. DL Pirates, Thunder, and Space more than make up for it though
I actually like DL small world...but it’s not as clear cut.

I for one like the IP dolls...I never saw the need for the “sanctity of repetitive singing dolls” 😂 and the Wdw version is a tad long in my view

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not like we haven't had previous, though- D23 2017 was far more exciting than how this one appears to be shaping up.
Fair...but I think both Star Wars and the 2017 slate was entirely a response to Comcast’s 10 year effort to revitalize their parks...and they conceded.

Not sure the variables are the same right now?

Phicinfan

The last one was nothing but catch up from stagnation...even though there were victory laps and backslapping galore here and at Dis...

Ain’t that right, @Phicinfan ??😉

In retrospect...that stuff in 17 was what it was - makeup from flatfoot bob under real pressure from Comcast.

Remember: they don’t want to build you rides. Rides are losses.
They begrudgingly do it to get people to pay $149 for DAK after dark...that’s all.

What did I see today? People praising that for riding Everest 6 times and dinosaur 6 times?

Good grief...no words for that.
:D love to be remembered!!

If I remember correctly, you clearly stated they would not do any of the adds, including GotG, Theater(which in your defense did get killed), Rat, Tron and a few others. And you took your punishment like a champ so Kudo's to you!!

I agree that before was make up, but not sure what may be announced for this one isn't even more of that. Even you have to admit that they were woefully lacking in developing the US parks. Finally "trying" to address Epcot, and an add at AK(still don't buy this by the by) and maybe an add to DHS or MK is just making up again for lost time.

My only question is how big any add will be. Are they really going to react to Universal officially announcing their 3rd gate in FL or not.

Dwebble

Fair...but I think both Star Wars and the 2017 slate was entirely a response to Comcast’s 10 year effort to revitalize their parks...and they conceded.

Not sure the variables are the same right now?
If anything, the competition's stronger now, given that Universal have announced a whole new park.

I don't think Disney need an answer to that right now, but what's being described is more than a little weak in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom