News D23 Expo 2019

bubbles1812

The park was a hot mess before the walls went up. I for one am looking forward to these changes. Some cool retro stuff for when I visited in the 80s mixed with some new ways to handle crowds and visitor tastes in the 2020s.
Agree. We will never go back to Epcot Center. I’m ok with some old mixed with new. This isn’t the 80s and some things have to appeal to modern audiences, not just people who have been attending 30+ years

The Moana Water Walk to the Seas makes sense. And at least Moana had an underlying theme (among its others) of being kind to your environment. This is the type of IP insertion I can live with. The synergy makes much more sense compared to where Disney has sometimes stuck IP.

At least they are trying to fix the mess. I’d rather have them do something than nothing at all. Epcot and particularly Future World have languished for far too long.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Better view of the posters:

View attachment 400884
View attachment 400885
View attachment 400886
View attachment 400887

(Edited to embed photos from twitter because language in the tweet violated board policy)

Let's see...

"Fireworks" has the images from the new fireworks show featuring a compass.

"The Seas" and "Turtle Talk" has images of the two attractions of that pavilion. Too bad it's being torn down. ;)

"UK" has a Mary Poppins figure... more to be revealed?

"Mexico" has Coco on it, but there's also a Gran Fiesta featuring not on the 3Cs, but the Dia de los muertos scene. So, that's probably where a small Coco addition will occur.

Unnamed space restaurant featuring the lobby space elevator.

Spaceship Earth seems it will be the same ride and not totally reimagined

Imagination: Are they showing an old banner, like for Horizons, or, is it a sign of a return to Dreamfinder and Figment? There's no separate banner for JIYIWF.

It seems what was once Walt Disney World EPCOT CENTER will now be EPCOT.

rioriz

Let's see...

"Fireworks" has the images from the new fireworks show featuring a compass.

"The Seas" and "Turtle Talk" has images of the two attractions of that pavilion. Too bad it's being torn down. ;)

"UK" has a Mary Poppins figure... more to be revealed?

"Mexico" has Coco on it, but there's also a Gran Fiesta featuring not on the 3Cs, but the Dia de los muertos scene. So, that's probably where a small Coco addition will occur.

Unnamed space restaurant featuring the lobby space elevator.

Spaceship Earth seems it will be the same ride and not totally reimagined

Imagination: Are they showing an old banner, like for Horizons, or, is it a sign of a return to Dreamfinder and Figment? There's no separate banner for JIYIWF.

It seems what was once Walt Disney World EPCOT CENTER will now be EPCOT.
UK also has another creature down left 😁

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Does the “mobile base” on this map refer to the Marvel Day at Sea with DCL, or something new?

8E57DA45-630C-42E1-8301-AB55508C94B9.jpeg

Source:

BrianLo

???

🤣

Galaxy's Edge is one of nine lands at Disneyland, and it's not even the only one with a Star Wars simulator ride.

I'd be curious to know what metrics and survey questions were used to come to this conclusion.

They surveyed the general public and not the forums. I’m not surprised and don’t think they are lying whatsoever. Eavesdropping people really were impressed.

I’m certain the general public still says Pandora is the best land even though we all know Harambe (like New Orleans Square) is one of Disney’s greatest. But things will change with time and exposure.

Rteetz

Where did they say neighborhoods? In a video or a CM at the display?

Seems they liked the concept from Pixar Pier where you can just throw random things together and call it a land as long you give vague definitions of "neighborhoods."
Must've been at the media preview.

Horizons1

Where did they say neighborhoods? In a video or a CM at the display?

Seems they liked the concept from Pixar Pier where you can just throw random things together and call it a land as long you give vague definitions of "neighborhoods."
Or call it Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom