News D23 Expo 2019

Hollywood 1939

Each pavilion appears to have props from the attractions contained within leaning against them - more impressionistic than literalistic. I think that’s a rainbow atop Imaginations (like the giant maracas and guitar around Mexico).

The poster version more specifically shows it as the rainbow corridor.

Donaldfan1934

While it’s nice to see Moana attraction built from the ground up and get some proof that Disney wasn’t lying about the Tiki Room rumors being false, this is yet another example of misplaced IP. Not only does a water pavilion feel somewhat redundant with the Seas pavilion, but the fact that they decided against building this attraction as an Adventureland expansion feels like a huge missed opportunity to me.

rudyjr13

While it’s nice to see Moana attraction built from the ground up and get some proof that Disney wasn’t lying about the Tiki Room rumors being false, this is yet another example of misplaced IP. Not only does a water pavilion feel somewhat redundant with the Seas pavilion, but the fact that they decided against building this attraction as an Adventureland expansion feels like a huge missed opportunity to me.

It’s not a pavilion. It’s a walkway to Seas. It’s an improvement in my opinion over the crappy building that’s there now and having to walk towards the Starbucks before making a right in the breezeway to get over there.

They want to put the new IP in so it’s going in.

Figment Newton

More detailed version.

What is that pink line just past Spaceship Earth on the right?

Sure looks like monorail exit is not changing. Was hoping it would be post bag check unless they are pushing bag check out for bus and tram arrivals.

View attachment 400883
Is there something projected onto the Imagination prisms? It looks like a character, so I would think it's part of the firework show. But, I don't think they've ever used that building for projections, so that could be interesting. Hoping Figment survives the new changes ... maybe Dreamfinder?

The fact that Imagination and Mexico are included in the model makes me think an announcement is coming. Exciting to see Epcot getting some attention and (hopefully) good news to come.

britain

More detailed version.

What is that pink line just past Spaceship Earth on the right?

Sure looks like monorail exit is not changing. Was hoping it would be post bag check unless they are pushing bag check out for bus and tram arrivals.

View attachment 400883

Huh, they painted right over the classic EPCOT aerial view painting. The roof of the monorail station never looked like that in real life. And the triangles on SSE are a bit too big - telltale sign.

Not blaming them - why paint the whole thing over again?

rudyjr13

Wow. Look. Misplaced IP, IP crammed down our throats, and destroying sightlines and symmetry. Disney creates what was one of the most unique parks in the entire world, and then they have ZERO clue what to do with it.

The park was a hot mess before the walls went up. I for one am looking forward to these changes. Some cool retro stuff for when I visited in the 80s mixed with some new ways to handle crowds and visitor tastes in the 2020s.

rudyjr13

Is there something projected onto the Imagination prisms? It looks like a character, so I would think it's part of the firework show. But, I don't think they've ever used that building for projections, so that could be interesting. Hoping Figment survives the new changes ... maybe Dreamfinder?

The fact that Imagination and Mexico are included in the model makes me think an announcement is coming. Exciting to see Epcot getting some attention and (hopefully) good news to come.

I think that’s just reflections from the fireworks

Mouse3268

The park was a hot mess before the walls went up. I for one am looking forward to these changes. Some cool retro stuff for when I visited in the 80s mixed with some new ways to handle crowds and visitor tastes in the 2020s.

Agreed, it's been a mess for almost 20 years now. Even if I don't agree with all the changes, this at least looks better than I was imagining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom