Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

HauntedMansionFLA

Putting something in the Adventureland plot makes the most sense to me. That area could use another draw to help balance out the quadrants of the park.

I'm all for expanding Frontierland though - would love to see a version of WRE build north of Splash/BTM.
Perhaps they could brush off the dust of the Indiana Jones and The Lost Expedition for Adventureland - it would fit the theme.

BlakeW39

Putting something in the Adventureland plot makes the most sense to me. That area could use another draw to help balance out the quadrants of the park.

I'm all for expanding Frontierland though - would love to see a version of WRE build north of Splash/BTM.

They should redo WRE to be themed to AL instead of FL. They could put in a new spot or in place of the (classic but dated) JC. FL is probably the best off right now with both Splash and BTMRR... although the latter could use an update. Will they possibly do that for the 50th or otherwise sooner? I sure hope so.

BlakeW39

Did we get any expansion on this (amid the pointless Zootopia/DAK talk once again)? It seems likely, we could have some further details about already announced Epcot projects -- particular details about GotG, potentially more about Ratatouille or at least the area around it, I guess the Space restaurant if not open yet, the new film in the Land, Play pavilion in the old WoL, China/Canada films, etc -- but will be perhaps learn more officially about the spine work or the Poppins attraction? And Brazil, one would think, right?

I'm just not expecting to hear much beyond any of those things, but perhaps we'll be surprised. The Space restaurant seemed to come out of no where last D23.

Well Epcot is the overall main WDW project. Pretty soon it'll be the park with the lowest attendance (by quite a wide margin), that is with DAK soaring high and DHS soon acquiring SW:GE. They know it needs work. So FW will go through a major rehaul (over time) and WS will probably get some plussing, which has for a while now been the more preferred side of the park.

Since insiders have suggested that there is much we do not know regarding Epcot, I might assume we could get some more stuff. Personally Epcot's FW has a problem to me that is nowhere else... it is beyond dated, it's truly ugly. And so, aesthetic overall is what I'm most excited about. That and the seas being moved to DAK and replaced with 20K Leagues from TDS (please!).

doctornick

They should redo WRE to be themed to AL instead of FL. They could put in a new spot or in place of the (classic but dated) JC. FL is probably the best off right now with both Splash and BTMRR... although the latter could use an update. Will they possibly do that for the 50th or otherwise sooner? I sure hope so.

Naw. Frontierland is what really needs a more calm, immersive family ride like Western River. It's possible to continue the path that goes to the RR station and have it head north - building WRE in that area would be a cool homage to the history of the park an help to open up more guest space.

Adventureland would benefit from a higher thrill ride which would compliment the existing attractions in the area. f they wanted to clone, something like Indiana Jones Adventure (though Iprefer IJ going to DHS) or Journey to the Center of the Earth would be good. For something novel, they might be able to dust off Fire Mountain if they wished.

BlakeW39

Naw. Frontierland is what really needs a more calm, immersive family ride like Western River. It's possible to continue the path that goes to the RR station and have it head north - building WRE in that area would be a cool homage to the history of the park an help to open up more guest space.

Adventureland would benefit from a higher thrill ride which would compliment the existing attractions in the area. f they wanted to clone, something like Indiana Jones Adventure (though Iprefer IJ going to DHS) or Journey to the Center of the Earth would be good. For something novel, they might be able to dust off Fire Mountain if they wished.

I suppose you are somewhat correct... BUT I still believe AL needs a slow ride too. Because I don't think JC can be reasonably considered an E any longer. I always do it while I'm there but it is not an E ticket or impressive attraction today. Although Journey to the CotE would be really cool.

FigmentJedi

Fire Mountain died with the rest of Atlantis the Lost Empire's hopes and dreams of becoming Disney's "Franchise for Boys"

britain

Just based on past history, the “big model” at each D23 is for a project that will be opening around when the following D23 happens two years later. And it is normally for a project that was announced around two years prior. Carsland, Shanghai, Pandora, Star Wars. This is the pattern.

So, I suspect the Big Model this year to be the new Future World (along with its new name, maybe?) Another possibility would be Marvel Land at DCA, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s there at D23, but as a secondary smaller model (it is a smaller project than Epcot’s, after all).

Beyond that? Nada mas as far as models go. But we might get some announcements/concept art regarding things that will be finished in 3-4 years time. Those will most likely be things we’re already aware of because of these boards, but you never know about the dark horse that sneaks up from behind. <CoughPixarPierCough>

jgrinstein

I hope that they announce DHS's phase 3 expansion, replacement for Stitch, Magic Kingdom's nighttime parade, and Epcot. I still think that DHS needs improvement, the circulation of the park is and will be a complete mess. Some of the different themes, lands and rides/shows don't have a cohesive and logical location. Some of these are Frozen, Cars, Little Mermaid, Disney Junior, Pixar Place, Star Wars Launch Bay, and Star Tours, which are really there for capacity issues, but do not belong in their respective locations. I believe that Frozen may belong more in Epcot's Norway, than DHS's Hyperion Theater, for example. Epcot still may have the tendency of falling into the same direction, with Guardians of the Galaxy, but I hope not. At least it is a major ride, which will be a positive for Epcot, not a "temporary" show/dance party that DHS is known for. Having said this, I hope that they make positive announcements in D23.

seascape

I hope that they announce DHS's phase 3 expansion, replacement for Stitch, Magic Kingdom's nighttime parade, and Epcot. I still think that DHS needs improvement, the circulation of the park is and will be a complete mess. Some of the different themes, lands and rides/shows don't have a cohesive and logical location. Some of these are Frozen, Cars, Little Mermaid, Disney Junior, Pixar Place, Star Wars Launch Bay, and Star Tours, which are really there for capacity issues, but do not belong in their respective locations. I believe that Frozen may belong more in Epcot's Norway, than DHS's Hyperion Theater, for example. Epcot still may have the tendency of falling into the same direction, with Guardians of the Galaxy, but I hope not. At least it is a major ride, which will be a positive for Epcot, not a "temporary" show/dance party that DHS is known for. Having said this, I hope that they make positive announcements in D23.
I am hoping you are right and phase 3 for DHS is announced. However, I am hoping for even more as SWGE needs to be expanded. DHS needs to have capacity for over 20 million guests a year and MK needs capacity for 25 million. The days of worrying about Universal are over. WDW needs more capacity in each of their 4 parks and 2 water parks. Once they finish those expansions they can open their 5th gate in about 2025. WDW will draw 90 million before Universal draws 30. Water Parks don't count.

MickeyMouse10

5th park in 2025? More like beyond 2030s if ever.

if Universal opens a 3rd gate, wonder how much that affects Disney and whether to stay at 4.

Yep, the only way they'll think of a 5th gate is if Universal's 3rd one sounds really, really amazing. Disney usually only does things if they feel they have no choice.

Disney's last 2 parks were made because Universal opened 2 parks in Orlando around the same times. They've even opened lands because of their competition as well (New Fantasyland, Pandora, etc).

Franklin47disneyguy

Yep, the only way they'll think of a 5th gate is if Universal's 3rd one sounds really, really amazing. Disney usually only does things if they feel they have no choice.

Disney's last 2 parks were made because Universal opened 2 parks in Orlando around the same times. They've even opened lands because of their competition as well (New Fantasyland, Pandora, etc).

Lets give AK, EC & DHS at least 15 RIDES. Then think about a fifth gate. Ak currently just 9, DHS just 6!

BlakeW39

I am hoping you are right and phase 3 for DHS is announced. However, I am hoping for even more as SWGE needs to be expanded. DHS needs to have capacity for over 20 million guests a year and MK needs capacity for 25 million. The days of worrying about Universal are over. WDW needs more capacity in each of their 4 parks and 2 water parks. Once they finish those expansions they can open their 5th gate in about 2025. WDW will draw 90 million before Universal draws 30. Water Parks don't count.

LOL yeah idk about that one.

I think 20M people going to DHS any time soon is massively hyperbolic. DHS might take second spot at WDW but not by that wide a margin.

You are correct in adressing the issue of capacity, though. The fact of the matter is that all 4 parks need additional attractions and more space. MK even does, it should be brought at least on par with DL in terms of attractions given its popularity. Ofc what's there needs sprucing up but I feel as if we'll get that. With the 50th coming up, I anticipate (and hope) - based upon what insiders have said and trends which have gone noticed - that the MK will get some of this. Upgrade to BTMRR and possibly others. Massive TL rehaul, which is needed. New attractions (especially Es which MK honestly could use) I am not so sure about.

DHS could use much more work. It needs to become, simply put, a much better park lol. Right now it's a mess and should be more cohesive. If they want an IoA then they need to put in the work to make that so. I can see them announcing the fate of some old shows, but to the extent people want... new lands, attractions (B-E), I'm not so sure.

Epcot will likely be the focus with a new FW and some plussing of WS. Its fallen behind as I've said and will now be the least attended park (and for good reason). All Epcot stuff will almost surely be announced andor expanded upon.

DAK is looking iffy, but it seems as if all four parks to have some major plans and while DAK does seem least on the radar and I would not count on anything major, it is possible that a Dinoland redo or demo may be announced. I highly doubt anything else but I'll keep my fingers crossed for them moving the seas.

BlakeW39

Lets give AK, EC & DHS at least 15 RIDES. Then think about a fifth gate. Ak currently just 9, DHS just 6!

Yes. DAK needs another E and maybe a D in Africa (flume or wate coaster?), maybe another attraction for Pandora, and replace the two pre-A tickets over at Dinorama with one more E.

DHS needs a ton of everything it's almost hard to touch on. But it needs to at least double its line up with A-E.

Epcot has attractions (given WS needs more) but most of them are dated. And its lineup definitely has the fewest really great attractions. So it could use updated or rehauls more than anything.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. DAK needs another E and maybe a D in Africa (flume or wate coaster?), maybe another attraction for Pandora, and replace the two pre-A tickets over at Dinorama with one more E.

DHS needs a ton of everything it's almost hard to touch on. But it needs to at least double its line up with A-E.

Epcot has attractions (given WS needs more) but most of them are dated. And its lineup definitely has the fewest really great attractions. So it could use updated or rehauls more than anything.

WDW does not need a 5th until they can manage 4. Which they cannot do for another 5+ years. And it definitely has no place at this year's D23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom