Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

HauntedMansionFLA

No they don't. I doubt the shareholders care 1 bit if there isn't a single Fox IP inserted into the parks in the next 10 years. That's not why the acquisition was made.
Fox will be used for Disney + content.
I’m surprised that they announced MMRR for DLR but that was probably to take the sting out of the DHS delay.
I assume there will be a lot more Epcot news to share with us, ( beer garden replacing FoN)

kurtk

I’m surprised that they announced MMRR for DLR but that was probably to take the sting out of the DHS delay.
Not sure how announcing MMRR for DLR takes the sting out of DHS delay. I don't go to both parks and I think that is true for most people. I think they added it to that announcement so that it wasn't the lead of the story. They tried to bury it a little.

SirLink

I assume there will be a lot more Epcot news to share with us, ( beer garden replacing FoN)

Fox will used for Disney+, Network TV, Parks, merchandise, etc.

Fox is Disney it will be used in the parks won't be straight away cause their are projects stacked up - but don't be suprised to see Ice Age characters or those from Rio being in the Animal Kingdom. Or a Void experience based on American Horror.

Kman101

It is my considered opinion that Zootopia does not fit DAK as a land. Many here agree. There is a way to incorporate some of the characters in RPW. Again my opinion.

There are many other IPs that would make much more compelling additions to DAK. They should use those.

So, we agree we don't agree then. IMO.

It's not about whether we or anyone shouts and cries that it doesn't fit.

Executives DON'T CARE.

Kman101

And there's the worst defense of why Zootopia won't happen. So nobody has said anything regarding the five things I initially laid out. The only things I hear people presenting as fact against a Zootopia expansion
  1. I hate Zootopia. I hate IP in parks. Disney needs to stop IP in parks.
  2. Zootopia makes no sense in Animal Kingdom. Yes, Disney calls me every day and asks for my opinion and will not do anything I don't think makes any sense.
  3. I hate Bob Iger.
  4. Disney won't make any money. The IP is too old (Please forget Disney announced three months ago that Shanghai is getting Zootopia) They should do Jungle Book instead. It's -49 years newer than Zootopia!
  5. Did I mention I hate Bob Iger and his quest to include IPs in the parks and it makes no sense in Animal Kingdom?
You have everything (other than an insider's word) to indicate Zootopia is a very likely thing for Animal Kingdom within the next 10 years. Everybody keeps wanting to bring up how much they hate they idea when MouseBrayden and I are not trying to give you our opinions as much as we are trying to give you the line of thinking of WDW executives and the mere fact that we have numerous indirect indications from Disney that they are looking at Rafiki's Planet Watch and exploring a Zootopia expansion. As I said in one of my initial posts,

All five of these you can look up and verify for yourself. Is it certain Zootopia will appear in Animal Kingdom? Of course not. Do I think it's very likely? Taking into consideration the facts above, yes. I do.

EXACTLY. I've said similar things and people just ignore it. I'm not advocating for Zootopia in AK at ALL, but even I know not to dismiss it as never happening. Never say never and they don't care about whether something "fits" or not. Everytime I see people spend pages arguing about it, it doesn't matter. Haven't they already proven they're going to do what they want. A beer garden in Future World tells me everything I need to know. A big boxy Guardians coaster tells me everything I need to know. Frozen in Norway (inspired by ;) ) tells me everything I need to know.

Kman101

I agree. Same with Tron

:hilarious:

Exactly.

I feel like those insisting Zootopia would never happen haven't been paying attention to what's going on. (Again; I'm NOT NOT NOT advocating for this!)

If Shanghai pays for it, why wouldn't they clone it? (Mickey's getting cloned, Everest was rumored to be cloned to Shanghai at one point in time; Tron's probably being cloned for Disneyland ...)

And for those going on about merchandise sales, maybe if they actually had a line .... but merchandising is terrible about newer franchises for the most part. It's the same old princess, star wars, marvel, etc. Merchandise isn't always an indicator of popularity ... and many times, merchandise just ... sucks

jt04

EXACTLY. I've said similar things and people just ignore it. I'm not advocating for Zootopia in AK at ALL, but even I know not to dismiss it as never happening. Never say never and they don't care about whether something "fits" or not. Everytime I see people spend pages arguing about it, it doesn't matter. Haven't they already proven they're going to do what they want. A beer garden in Future World tells me everything I need to know. A big boxy Guardians coaster tells me everything I need to know. Frozen in Norway (inspired by ;) ) tells me everything I need to know.

People were loud about Pandora but the same were clearly not thinking it through. It has proven to be a great decision.

A Zootopia Land in DAK doesn't make sense logically or financially and I believe wouldn't get board approval. IMO.

Kman101

People were loud about Pandora but the same were clearly not thinking it through. It has proven to be a great decision.

A Zootopia Land in DAK doesn't make sense logically or financially and I believe wouldn't get board approval. IMO.

Guess time will tell ;)

justintheharris

You don’t know how Disney plans to work Zootopia into Animal Kingdom’s conservation theme. That’s why people freaked out with pandora saying it wouldn’t fit when Disney executed its theming brilliantly into Animal Kingdom. And I have no clue why you think Zootopia wouldn’t be a financial hit with its box office success and bringing in a kid friendly dark ride into a park with perhaps three rides suitable for kids.

Ripken10

You don’t know how Disney plans to work Zootopia into Animal Kingdom’s conservation theme. That’s why people freaked out with pandora saying it wouldn’t fit when Disney executed its theming brilliantly into Animal Kingdom. And I have no clue why you think Zootopia wouldn’t be a financial hit with its box office success and bringing in a kid friendly dark ride into a park with perhaps three rides suitable for kids.
You keep saying everybody else doesn't know what Disney is thinking, and you clearly don't either. As of right now Disney has no plans for Zootopia in the Animal Kingdom. The insiders have said that. This thread is about the next expo. Our insiders here have a great knowledge of what possible things could get announced at the next d23 expo (they even know things that won't get announced...generally they just don't know which of the many projects they know about will or won't be announced). They have said multiple times that Zootopia is not in the discussion. You are clearly not an insider. Therefore, you clearly have no idea what Disney execs are thinking. Why keep bringing this up in a thread that all evidence points to it not happening. Anything could happen one day, but there is ZERO signs of it happening in the next expo at the current time.

Disney Maddux

And there's the worst defense of why Zootopia won't happen. So nobody has said anything regarding the five things I initially laid out. The only things I hear people presenting as fact against a Zootopia expansion
  1. I hate Zootopia. I hate IP in parks. Disney needs to stop IP in parks.
  2. Zootopia makes no sense in Animal Kingdom. Yes, Disney calls me every day and asks for my opinion and will not do anything I don't think makes any sense.
  3. I hate Bob Iger.
  4. Disney won't make any money. The IP is too old (Please forget Disney announced three months ago that Shanghai is getting Zootopia) They should do Jungle Book instead. It's -49 years newer than Zootopia!
  5. Did I mention I hate Bob Iger and his quest to include IPs in the parks and it makes no sense in Animal Kingdom?
You have everything (other than an insider's word) to indicate Zootopia is a very likely thing for Animal Kingdom within the next 10 years. Everybody keeps wanting to bring up how much they hate they idea when MouseBrayden and I are not trying to give you our opinions as much as we are trying to give you the line of thinking of WDW executives and the mere fact that we have numerous indirect indications from Disney that they are looking at Rafiki's Planet Watch and exploring a Zootopia expansion. As I said in one of my initial posts,

All five of these you can look up and verify for yourself. Is it certain Zootopia will appear in Animal Kingdom? Of course not. Do I think it's very likely? Taking into consideration the facts above, yes. I do.
Where's the infinite like button?

Darkprime

Disney CEO Bob Iger provides update on when Marvel's Phase 4 schedule will be announced. GameSpot is guessing it will happen at D23 in August.

I wonder if they might split the announcements across Comic-con and D23. Since everybody already knows what the 2020 slate is at this point just confirm it at comic con then save all the juicy X-Men/F4 announcements and 2021 movies and beyond for D23. They still haven't even said if they are even going to comic-con this year. I'm assuming until they say otherwise theyre going but it wouldn't be surprised if they skipped Hall-H again this year in favour of D23.

DisneyDean97

So.. The one park not being talked about for expansion at all at the moment is AK. Is there any possibility/ideas/considerations for a new ride/land/area at AK that might come up at D23? Just wondering @marni1971 @MansionButler84 @Magic Feather
With the new Lion King coming out this year, hopefully the renewed buzz around the IP may finally push the executives to give another look at a Lion King dark ride; I'm indifferent whether it's based on the animated or live-action version; either way Animal Kingdom could use another family-friendly dark ride.

brodie999

I wonder if they might split the announcements across Comic-con and D23. Since everybody already knows what the 2020 slate is at this point just confirm it at comic con then save all the juicy X-Men/F4 announcements and 2021 movies and beyond for D23. They still haven't even said if they are even going to comic-con this year. I'm assuming until they say otherwise theyre going but it wouldn't be surprised if they skipped Hall-H again this year in favour of D23.
I hope you're right. It'd be mind-blowing if they going to both Comic Con and D23 this year. Until Disney announces 20th Century Fox will make their debut at the expo, we'll take it as assumption. Besides, Comic Con is like 50 days away now. So hopefully, Marvel will confirm they're not skipping it this year.

MickeyMouse10

I don't understand why people don't want Zootopia in Animal. It has just animals in the fricking movie and zoo in it's title.

And most important of all it will make a lot of money. Much like Pandora (which is at the same park) the franchise will be relevant for the next 10+ years. Thanks to the 2 or more sequels Disney has planned for it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom