News D23 Expo 2017

Wishing Star

LOL talk about synergy.:D:cry:
guardians-of-the-galaxy-season-3-poster-356x600.jpg

"Series stars Will Friedle, Trevor Devall, Vanessa Marshall, David Sobolov and Kevin Michael Richardson, along with Lane and Quesada, announced that the Guardians will return for a brand-new third season on Disney XD titled Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. The third season will find the Guardians gaining fame and fortune, but quickly knocked back on their heels after being framed by the Collector. The Guardians will travel to new universes, stage a massive sting operation inside the Nova Corps, and expose a Secret Invasion years in the making. A little bad and a little good – all in a day’s work."
http://collider.com/spider-man-anim...rdians-of-the-galaxy-animated-series-season-3

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
You can't have a video game based movie (even if it's base on the internet too) without any Nintendo characters. As Disney has proved with Marvel, the film making business is a completely different ballpark than the theme park industry.

commonplace is the keyword. They'll still probably underscore some scenes with lesser known Nintendo characters, just ones the mass public wouldn't so readily recognize for obvo reasons. An image possibly. Nothing with massive brand awareness. Using the lesser characters would actually work on a different level; as fan service.

Last edited:

Exomonia

What time are people thinking the live action may close off tomorrow, especially with all the wristbands given out (about 1000)? How many have slept over (eg before 4:00am) in the past, roughly?

Figments Friend

I was too far to see their expressions. The host guy shouted the obligatory justification that Walt wanted the park to change bla bla bla. Tony Baxter clearly agreed that the change sucks bc when Marty Sklar defended change in general, TB just sat there.

I love that man.
Still outwardly speaking his mind, even when he utters not a word.

We both disagree with Disney's decision to place the 'Star Wars' themed area within Disneyland.
Should be elsewhere.

I'll always remember the night Tony and I rode 'Big Thunder Mountain' together this past autumn and climbing the second lift hill.
As we ascended, he expressed disappointment in having to have to see the barren wasteland that was to become the new area, which at that time was quite visable from the peak.
We had the exact same opinion on the topic.

It was also stinging to see as that plot of land was originally where Tony's 'Discovery Bay' project was supposed to be built.
So wish it had been.

-

Brer Oswald

commonplace is the keyword. They'll still probably underscore some scenes with lesser known Nintendo characters, just ones the mass public wouldn't so readily recognize for obvo reasons. An image possibly. Nothing with massive brand awareness. Using the lesser characters would actually work on a different level; as fan service.
What lesser characters? They aren't going to pay royalties just to get stuff like Earthbound or Fire Emblem. Trying to do Kirby opens up a whole mess of problems. Star Fox is a possibility as is Metroid (which I wouldn't consider lesser known). The only options are Mario and Zelda, but I don't see them paying royalties just to use Fawful, or the Happy Mask Salesman. Nobody on here will know those characters (the Zelda fans may know one ;)) so how do they expect the general viewer to?

Brer Oswald

I love that man.
Still outwardly speaking his mind, even when he utters not a word.

We both disagree with Disney's decision to place the 'Star Wars' themed area within Disneyland.
Should be elsewhere.

I'll always remember the night Tony and I rode 'Big Thunder Mountain' together this past autumn and climbing the second lift hill.
As we ascended, he expressed disappointment in having to have to see the barren wasteland that was to become the new area, which at that time was quite visable from the peak.
We had the exact same opinion on the topic.

It was also stinging to see as that plot of land was originally where Tony's 'Discovery Bay' project was supposed to be built.
So wish it had been.

-
You got to meet Tony Baxter himself?! I'm so jealous! :p

Brer Oswald

Wouldn't it be great if Epic Mickey 3 or the next instalment in some variation of the Epic Mickey franchise got announced tomorrow? I know it's never gonna happen, but that Oswald tease from earlier today gets me foolishly hopeful. Besides, they couldn't possibly spend that entire hour timeslot just talking about KH3, could they?

Rodan75

Wouldn't it be great if Epic Mickey 3 or the next instalment in some variation of the Epic Mickey franchise got announced tomorrow? I know it's never gonna happen, but that Oswald tease from earlier today gets me foolishly hopeful. Besides, they couldn't possibly spend that entire hour timeslot just talking about KH3, could they?

No. They have plenty of games to talk about. But I wonder if Oswald will be in KH3?

That may make sense given the teases.

Mike S

I loved the concept but they didn't execute it that well. What a wasted oppurtunity.

Brer Oswald

I loved the concept but they didn't execute it that well. What a wasted oppurtunity.
If you're talking about the franchise as a whole (especially the sequel) I agree. If you're referring to the first game, I could not disagree more. Sure it was a little rough around the edges, but a great game can be found in it. Easy 8/10 for casual Disney fans, and even an 9/10 for hardcore fans the way I see it.

Mike S

If you're talking about the franchise as a whole (especially the sequel) I agree. If you're referring to the first game, I could not disagree more. Sure it was a little rough around the edges, but a great game can be found in it. Easy 8/10 for casual Disney fans, and even an 9/10 for hardcore fans the way I see it.
I liked the first game too. If it's ever resurrected they need to make it open world and give you the freedom to go anywhere at anytime. That's one thing I didn't like, that areas closed off at a certain point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom