News D23 Expo 2017

Goob

Princess & The Frog, Lone Ranger, John Carter, Prince of Persia say what
No one can possibly say that Disney isn't a money printing machine when it comes to movies. There are always gonna be not-so-great ones. And out the 4 you mentioned, The Lone Ranger is the only story that is more than 30 years old. So, it does nothing to prove your point.

Captain Neo

You don't know what you are talking about because Disney movie tie in attractions got its start way before Star Tours opened in 1987. My point is Tony Baxter didn't start a trend at all. You are spreading misinformation.

When Walt opened Disneyland in 1955, Fantasyland had movie tie ins. I am referring to Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's scary Adventures, the mad tea party, 2 attractions from the movie dumbo in Dumbo spinner and Casey Jr. Circus train, and Mr. Toad's Wild ride. Disneyland also was supposed to get Monstro the Whale and that attraction was based on the movie Pinocchio.

Disney theme parks didn't stop from opened day having movie tie in to Star Tours opening in Disneyland in 1987 either. Disneyland had Pinocchio's Daring journey and Alice in Wonder Land. Those two won't opening day attractions, but they opened before Star Tours did. Alice in Wonder Land opened in 1958. Pinocchio's Daring journey opened in 1983. Disney also opened Swiss Family Tree in 1962 in Disneyland and it was based on the film Swiss Family Robinson. Disney World and Tokyo Disneyland also had Movie tie in attractions before Star Tours happened.

Based on the attractions I mentioned, Disney did IPs on movies way before Star Tours. Disney had plans of other movie tie ins way before Tony Baxter's Star Tours attractions also. The ride Star Tours simulator originally was supposed to be a Block Hole Simulator, but the movie bombed in Disney's eyes.

Tron was supposed get attractions way before Star Tours opened also. There was plans of a Tron Shooting Gallery for Disneyland, but the attraction was scrapped.

I am more than willing to mention even more movie tie in plans that didn't happen.

Star Tours mega success is what led to Splash Mountain,Indy, MGM Studios, Tower of Terror, etc. I never said there were no film tie-ins before Star Tours but ST was the turning point where attractions started to be based more and more on films and pop culture rather than original ideas.

raymusiccity

Looks ridiculous to me too. I mean look at Mrs. Which...as I recall from reading the book, Mrs. Which (when she bothered to materialize) wore a witch's hat and a broomstick (as a joke). Oprah has her looking like Mardi Gras cosplayer. And that's not the only weird casting choices I see. Meh. I've immediately lost interest in this. No offense meant to those who are interested in this, of course.
I agree.. I wish I could get that Mardi Gras Oprah image out of my head :eek:

Captain Neo

No one can possibly say that Disney isn't a money printing machine when it comes to movies. There are always gonna be not-so-great ones. And out the 4 you mentioned, The Lone Ranger is the only story that is more than 30 years old. So, it does nothing to prove your point.

Pretty sure John Carter is over 100 years old and Princess & The Frog is based on The Frog Prince which is centuries old.

Cmdr_Crimson

Michael Keaton, Danny Devito will be in the Live Action Dumbo......Seem's like a good time to post this....
b790a21e7391b661fd2e002385d1d3a3.jpg

yeti

mickeyfan5534

Am I the only one irked by the name "Avengers Untitled"? Just seems a little too vague for me. Maybe something like "Avengers Unleashed" or "Avengers Unassembled", I get that they're going for originality but "..Untitled" just seems a little smug or something. IMO.
That's a placeholder name. It's literally an at this point untitled Avengers movie.

Brian Swan

Looks ridiculous to me too. I mean look at Mrs. Which...as I recall from reading the book, Mrs. Which (when she bothered to materialize) wore a witch's hat and a broomstick (as a joke). Oprah has her looking like Mardi Gras cosplayer. And that's not the only weird casting choices I see. Meh. I've immediately lost interest in this. No offense meant to those who are interested in this, of course.
I have to admit it's been decades since I read the book, but nothing other than the fact that there are 3 children in it reminds me of what was in the book...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom