WDW fans waiting for the D23 Parks and Resorts either in two ways

Excitement
2d5.gif

or anxious and worry
jzc9UkS.gif

Which side are you guys on?
#TeamExcitement :D

DisneyDebRob

Dumb question. I'd the shirts shown Epcot 35th anniversary stuff that I can get when I go in November or is it all D23 stuff? ( please don't be the latter)

CaptainAmerica

Corless is reporting a lot of people are wearing Epcot shirts at D23 today... I'm just curious as to what may end up happening at the parks panel this afternoon (there may very well be a protest if anything gets announced for Epcot).
Why? The stuff people like is already gone.

PizzaPlanet

LOL at Lasseter using Disney Toon Studios to make movies that fit what he likes.

they are making a Cars/Planes looking movie in Space, titled "Space".
1500069331212787.jpeg
I feel like these spin-offs are hurting the Cars brand like the direct-to-video sequels from the late 90s-early 2000s.
and the Olaf short will be 21 minutes to air before Coco.:rolleyes:
:jawdrop:

Figments Friend

Tony didn't stop there though Indiana Jones ride on Adventureland, Honey I shrunk the Kids in tomorrowland, multiple attempts to shut down the Submarine Voyage in a big huff to get a movie tie in in there (Starting with atlantis the lost empire) eventually they closed it for many years and then he came back with a finding nemo pitch, etc

The 'Indiana Jones Adventure' was part of the original partnership with Lucas, along with 'Captain Eo' and 'Star Tours'.
Eisner was keen on implementing an additonal Attraction after the immense success and positive attendence numbers 'Star Tours' brought in.
Indy was a logical choice to continue the partnership.

I'm not aware of Tony being directly involved in the decision to add 'Honey I Shrunk The Audience' to Disneyland's Tomorrowland.
My impression has always been that was a forced option based on the horrendous budget cuts 'Tomorrowland 98' was experiencing during development, and it was simply a cheap alternative to fill the space left by 'Captain Eo'.
I don't think he really had a say in the matter.
If anything, he likely didn't care much for it considering what the version at Epcot ended up doing to the Imagination Pavilion.

The saga involving Disneyland's Submarine Voyage -
Tony was adamant , as was Marty Sklar, that Subs should remain at the Park and not be removed.
TDA wanted to ditch them strictly for cost savings, and Tony was one of several who fought to keep them there.
At the time, the only financially feasible way to do so that the uppers running the Park would allow was something to tie it into a film or popular IP.

The first attempt was Tony's pursuit to overlay it with a rather impressive 'Atlantis' themed adventure, complete with attacking creature and neat theming.
This was in part to appease the uppers, hoping the project would go ahead since it promoted the then soon to be released animated film.
Sadly they didn't like the complexity ( and costs ) involved, so it was shelved.
A shame too, as it would have been 500 times more exciting then what we all ended up with - a 'Finding Nemo' overlay dictated by Marketing.

So Tony succeeded in saving the Subs, but at a cost.
The only way they could be saved is by doing the IP tie in.
Burbank and TDA were not interested at the time in anything 'original' or overly themed ( in their vocabulary, too complex and expensive ).

I despise 'Finding Nemo', and don't care for the overlay, but I am very thankful that the Subs are still there.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom