News D23 Expo 2017

TP2000

I always go for just one afternoon, just to wander the exhibit halls and see all the big corporate displays and the WDI Pavilion.

No need to hassle with waiting in huge lines for the theater presentations, as all that info is available almost instantly via videos and blog reports.

But the show itself is nice to wander around for an hour or two.

Bacon

*Crosses Fingers for special announcement for WDW's 50th Anniversary,Tony Baxter, and hopefully a special announcement for Journey Into Imagination which is highly hopeless now and hopefully an announcement for a new electrical parade*
the story
Tony Baxter:Shure jii will come back and better then ever Bob Iger :Lets make it a StarWars ride cause StarWars makes us $ :greedy: Figment Fandom:No bob if you do this ill stop coming here to epcot

Bacon

Showing 2015's is a bit higher..I won't be surprised if it's Up the nose this year...
ExpoTicketChart-All.png
Um you mean next year?

Mike S

Starts the day after my birthday. I've been wanting to go back to Disneyland and my brother has said he wants to go to D23 and is planning this a bit already. See what happens I guess. Could be fun.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well, we have a hotel booked with free cancellation till July 10th next year and we don't have to pay till we actually get there. If we're able to get D23 tickets this could be a done deal.
Ablility to get tickets shouldn't be an issue unless you specifically want Sorcerer Passes. The various other tickets go on sale at the same time, but don't sell out. Sorcerer Passes were sold out in under 7 minutes when they went on sale in August 2014.

Mike S

Ablility to get tickets shouldn't be an issue unless you specifically want Sorcerer Passes. The various other tickets go on sale at the same time, but don't sell out. Sorcerer Passes were sold out in under 7 minutes when they went on sale in August 2014.
What's the difference? As long as I have a possibility of seeing one or two conferences and walking the floor I'm good.

devoy1701

I think my wife and I are going to go to this next year. For those of you who have been before, do you find it worth going to? Would you go all 3 days? We'd probably pair it with a visit to Disneyland since we only make it out there every 3 or 4 years.

Also, do people bring kids to this thing or would be be frustrated bringing a 3.5 yr old to the Expo?

Mike S

Our hotel will be about 8 minutes away by car so how's the parking? Is it included for the event? Also, how packed are the parks generally around D23? Any tips would help greatly.

dkp

Interesting... a full month earlier than the last two Expos. Wonder why?

I know Comic-Con was mentioned, but another factor in scheduling may be that Anaheim will be hosting the USA Gymnastic National Championships for the first time, to take place Aug. 17-20, 2017. The Anaheim Convention Center will hold the USA Gymnastics national congress and trade show. Getting the event is a feather in the cap for the city and the Sports Anaheim program.

So while Disney may likely be moving D23 Expo up a month of its own accord, external considerations like the gymnastics championship coming to Anaheim might very well play a substantial part in the decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom