D23 Expo 2017/Disneyland Meet-up

Figments Friend

Thank you @ajrwdwgirl ....it was a tough decision as I have had several people contact me expressing interest in meeting.
That was one of the positives that i wanted to get out there for...meeting up with some fans and others who show an interest in my artwork.
But alas, it cannot be...unless a major financial windfall happens.

It is a shame that I now have to cancel....but it's not possible to make the trip this time around.
Waaaay too expensive for me at the moment.
:depressed:
-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Nah, you're just scared of my mad Mario Kart skills ;)

Ha ha...yeah, I'll confess.
That was it, Mike.

Actually, I'm a Atari 2600 kind of gamer.
Still play my original vintage set from the early 1980s.
That's how I get my geek on when I'm in a retro mood.

So you would totally wipe the floor with me on Mario Kart.
I can't even operate the game controller pad correctly.
I never liked pushing buttons, it's gotta be a joystick!
:D

-

michmousefan

May not cut it. In 2015, people waited overnight for the big studio panel.
One thing to remember about the folks getting in line overnight is that (at least in 2015) they allowed you to bring in blankets, portable chairs and cots, but you had to remove those from the line starting at something like 8am. We got in line that morning at 6 and were placed in the overflow line... but soon made it to the regular line after all the chairs/cots/blankets were removed, thus freeing up tons of space in line. We actually had very good seats for initially being placed in overflow.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'd be up for a meetup if my schedule allows... but I'm actually not flying in until early Friday morning, then flying out Sunday night. Kind of a quick trip this time. So that might not work for me, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I myself will most likely be able to show up on Saturday only. Even if it's just one day, we'd be happy to see you.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'm officially going to D23! What's the latest on the meetup? I would love to meet you guys!

That's great!

We don't officially have a date set yet, but it'll probably be the Saturday of D23. We don't have an exact meet-up spot either just yet, which we should probably set up now.

@Mike S @ajrwdwgirl and anyone else planning to meet, what days would work best for you? Also do we want to meet in the parks or Downtown Disney?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
We are at Disney world right now so I will have to get back to you guys on a day and time when I have a chance to look over the d23 schedule again. It would be fantastic to have a meet up.

Take your time! Hope you're enjoying yourself.

I'd be down for the 13th at DL. Happens to be my birthday :)

I should be able to do the 13th.

Figments Friend

Was hoping to plan a trip around this time. Still up in the air, like Figments Friend said, it's a tad bit more expensive in July. For a month away, probably not gonna happen but who knows? LOL

Yeah, August dates would have worked out much better due to being able to take advantage of the 'off season' airfare / hotel rates.
Mid-July is just about the worse when it comes to trying to travel on the cheap, exspecially coast to coast.
Not happening.

Oh well....I shall enjoy watching the goings on at the Expo from afar in air conditioned comfort reclined on my lounge, frosty beverage in hand, much like my hero TP2000.
He taught me the proper way to enjoy an event like this.
:)

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom