D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

DreamfinderGuy

When I visited in February they were selling the the Space Restaurant and Guardians in the Galaxy. I couldn't pull the trigger on something that's not even open yet, although I kinda like the Space Restaurant. At this point, I am wondering if the dang thing will even open and I should have bought the posters even though I don't have the wall space for them.
When I went to EPCOT the weekend after reopening, they had a few Space Restaurants left. I got one, and they were gone for good before the park closed. I'm glad I got it, but I wish I got something cooler than it lol

(If anybody got an SSE, Mission Space, or Guardians and wants to trade for a 220 let me know lol)

trainplane3

If someone has a Living Seas they want to trade then someone over in the FB group has a pretty decent offer:
1602095594256.png

Horizons1

When I visited in February they were selling the the Space Restaurant and Guardians in the Galaxy. I couldn't pull the trigger on something that's not even open yet, although I kinda like the Space Restaurant. At this point, I am wondering if the dang thing will even open and I should have bought the posters even though I don't have the wall space for them.
Think of the price you can charge for it if it doesn’t open.

Mesa Azul

Hey everyone 👋 I've been lurking on this thread for a few days now, ever since poster-gate part two, and figured I better just register and join in on the fun. I too was up and bought all three posters at 12:02 am PST Monday morning. Went to bed, like a sap, and woke up to complete cancellations. Thanks to the scramble, the confusion, and the post that they were back up, I ended up snagging The Land and Kitchen Kabaret (which, being an old school Epcot fan, was what I really wanted anyway). Decided to pass on Soarin the second time around mostly because it doesn't really hold anything special for me, but I definitely dig the design of it. I'll probably regret not getting it later, but ah well. I'm completely bummed to have missed the Living Seas, but have Ratatouille (just love the movie, hope the ride is good), Horizons, Universe of Energy, Imagination, Communicore, and now hopefully the Land and KK.

Only thing I'm really wanting out of the remaining sets would be Gran Fiesta Tour and World of Motion, but will probably try for a Wonders of Life as well. My biggest complaint out of all of this, though, is the same as yours. If I order again in a few weeks and get a GFT, and then wake up to a cancelation, it's pretty much spending all of Monday refreshing, watching, waiting, and hoping I see the opps we screwed up re-up. I can take not getting them fast enough... That happens, but I really get mad if I did get one fast enough, and Disney's screw up causes me to still miss out. I'm not past dropping a bit more to get them off eBay if that's what I have to do, but I'd really prefer to not have to feed the flippers. Anyway, figured I'd throw myself into this and join you all on the next adventure...

Last edited:

Mesa Azul

The Living Seas is the only one I've been tempted to buy at dumb prices, but my dumb price was in the $750 range when it showed up a few months ago on eBay. Way, way overpriced, but seems like a steal for what some of the LE100s are going for. And... couldn't Mission Space, ever. Sorry, MS, but you took something dear from me and no matter how cool you are I'll never forgive you for it.

runnsally

The Living Seas is the only one I've been tempted to buy at dumb prices, but my dumb price was in the $750 range when it showed up a few months ago on eBay. Way, way overpriced, but seems like a steal for what some of the LE100s are going for. And... couldn't Mission Space, ever. Sorry, MS, but you took something dear from me and no matter how cool you are I'll never forgive you for it.
$700-750 is my ceiling too. I did a buy it now recently and of course got rejected.

DreamfinderGuy

Just checked out the Facebook group for the first time, and of course I see Japan is the most sought after of the World Showcase series. The one I've been looking for. Of course lol

trainplane3

Talk about the best $90 investment apparently.
Investment:
crap.JPG

INVESTMENT:
crap2.JPG

trainplane3

Just checked out the Facebook group for the first time, and of course I see Japan is the most sought after of the World Showcase series. The one I've been looking for. Of course lol
Uh, it's not bad here:

Some of the group is kinda "I know what I have". But it's a great resource regardless.

redstorm63

Who'd ever expect Mission: Space to actually have something of "value"?
I know the others aren't showing the price they sold at (not $3500) but still...
View attachment 503558
I want to say the Illuminations issue set off a frenzy and these inflated prices across the board are the result of that. People now trying to cash in on that and working to sell those early ones like Mission Space. I rarely see the Moana/Living Seas/The Seas ones now and those are three that I'm still working on trying to track down.

DreamfinderGuy

Uh, it's not bad here:

Some of the group is kinda "I know what I have". But it's a great resource regardless.
Ick, still a little high for me. That's kinda my limit for the Future World ones I've been trying to track down, don't think I'd pay more than like $120 tops for Japan.

Mesa Azul

Ick, still a little high for me. That's kinda my limit for the Future World ones I've been trying to track down, don't think I'd pay more than like $120 tops for Japan.
Funny thing there is, since this person is selling with free shipping, and had to pay the initial cost+tax+probably shipping (though my older sets did ship free with SHIPMAGIC, so who knows) this seller is only going to make like $25-30 on this sale. Seems like a lot of hassle for $30, and probably even less after they factor in shipping the poster tube to you. So, maybe $15? I'd snag it at that price if I was looking ;) Seems like it's barely breaking even for this seller, tbh.

DreamfinderGuy

Funny thing there is, since this person is selling with free shipping, and had to pay the initial cost+tax+probably shipping (though my older sets did ship free with SHIPMAGIC, so who knows) this seller is only going to make like $25-30 on this sale. Seems like a lot of hassle for $30, and probably even less after they factor in shipping the poster tube to you. So, maybe $15? I'd snag it at that price if I was looking ;) Seems like it's barely breaking even for this seller, tbh.
Assuming they didn’t use any kind of discount beyond Shipmagic, it’d be around $90. $81 if they used D23MAGIC. Say it’s about $10 to buy a new tube and ship with. That’s still a hefty profit even with eBay fees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom