D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

runnsally

Just noticed that some of the first edition serigraphs are listed in the latest Van Eaton Disney auction. For instance, Imagination is estimated at $500-$1000 (plus 20%).

Mesa Azul

Van Eaton’s estimates are never right. That being said, I was really surprised to see those poster pop up in the auction. It will be interesting to see what they go for. I’ll be watching, for sure.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
World showcase is going to be quite a hefty batch. All the countries, plus attractions, plus firework shows. That's about 17 posters!
I'm not a completist but I am an overthinker so the anticipated number of posters has made my mind spin so much that I haven't pulled the trigger on any yet, but then when options are pulled offline I regret not buying some I liked.

Mesa Azul

With how well these are selling I have a feeling Disney is going to be doing frequent iterations of these prints for a long time into the future. Especially the lithographs. I would imagine they'll pop back up from time to time.

Any suggestions from the group on best place to buy mylar sleeves for prints?

Going to be a while before I can get everything framed and want to get them stored a bit more securely.

Also curious to hear any opinions/pros/cons of the various types: Standard (sealed 3 sides), L (sealed 2 adjacent sides), or Folded (sealed 1 side).

Last edited:

trainplane3

Gonna shill the group out there but a friend decided to start teasing GotG as it's being done:
185265263_10225747081603087_5032994852130127663_n.jpg

183920711_10225747081683089_7891450986393302403_n.jpg

184647825_10225747082123100_6259354821284890106_n.jpg

trainplane3

Glad they are sharing the process of printing! It shows the quality put into each poster and helps explain why they take so long!
It’s super cool to see what goes into printing these! Seeing the various stages of printing is cool.
Yep, I'm surprised they are!

I actually would take in this form too. It looks too cool!!!
I've seen that comment come up a few times before too. I'd be interested in seeing some error ones. Bad inks, poor curing, stuff that went wrong, etc.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Giving a shout out to @trainplane3 for the great 'behind the scenes' video clips he has been sharing.
Really cool to see these complex silk screened posters get made...one color at a time.

Thank you ( and be sure to thank your friend, too!) for that neat glimpse into the creation process.

:)

-
I will let them know!

Everyone's favorite stolen cranium commander is back!
https://www.shopdisney.com/epcot-wonders-of-life-poster-limited-release-474094190402.html (should be live in a few hours after this post)
For whatever reason, they only did two pictures of this one. The Land and Living Seas by far had the best pictures. I'm not sure of the reason for the step backwards.

Fmo16Pd.png

36YdOBQ.jpg

For those that want the posters for phone or background use, here's literally everything. The previews on Mega take a while to completely load up. So if you are just scrolling through them quickly, they won't look great:

I do also have cropped down versions in there in case people wanted them that way. I'll still say the images don't stand up to what they look like in person but I'd rather people have them in this format then go to someone selling extremely poor quality copies (though, you can get reasonably priced lithos now...so no excuses :p ).

Mesa Azul

Wonders surprises me. Still not sure why that got another release when last year’s serigraph stuck around so long. Glad fans are getting an updated version, though. I’m trying to decide if I’m going to rebuy Imagination, or Horizon, if they release. Tempted, but I have last year’s versions…. Still, I know I’ll probably cave.

runnsally

Wonders surprises me. Still not sure why that got another release when last year’s serigraph stuck around so long. Glad fans are getting an updated version, though. I’m trying to decide if I’m going to rebuy Imagination, or Horizon, if they release. Tempted, but I have last year’s versions…. Still, I know I’ll probably cave.
Yep…a curious choice. Maybe they need to give the printing process a little bit of a break.

projectgamma

Honestly, I feel the same way. I can understand Moana being done, there is not that many they could of chose from. There are so many better options in this neighborhood. Their decisions always surprise me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom