D23 Dissapointment

SJN1279

Jim Hill believes that there will be some sort of Star Wars announcement at D23. I wonder if that could be one of the surprises that was mentioned earlier(expect a lot of storm troopers!)

doctornick

Jim Hill believes that there will be some sort of Star Wars announcement at D23. I wonder if that could be one of the surprises that was mentioned earlier(expect a lot of storm troopers!)

I'm perhaps naively expecting an announcement about Star Wars at DHS at D23. I think it will be light on substance, but just be a rah-rah announcement saying that it's coming -- with some generic talk about how it will contain "rides, shows, restaurants and more!" or such.

SJN1279

I'm perhaps naively expecting an announcement about Star Wars at DHS at D23. I think it will be light on substance, but just be a rah-rah announcement saying that it's coming -- with some generic talk about how it will contact "rides, shows, restaurants and more!" or such.

I expect a firm release date for Episode 7 and the formal announcement for a Star Wars Land in DHS with details to follow.

PeterAlt

There were some dubious rumors floating around on the net that DHS would get Carsland, StarWarsland and would have room for an additional Pixar ride. (Sounded like the Mad Hatter on speed with Scrooge McDuck's gold card, to me) The insiders on this board confirmed that at D23 there would be a major announcement in which this massive demolition/construction project at DHS would be announced, they reported it was leaked by a CM/forces inside of Disney opposed to D23 (for some personal vendetta?).

Then a Disney imagineer said that there would be no new product announcements at D23, the Parks and Resorts arean presentation was cancelled, and Disney and More (a legitimate insider site), has more specific details about what will happen at D23. The insiders say they are trying to figure out "what happened".

The DHS rumors, in my eyes and probably others, seemed suspect given that they were an amalgamation of some fan rumors, and didn't seem feasible/fiscally possible.

Nonetheless, some are wondering if perhaps a massive announcement will be made before D23, or after it . . . the Disney and More article talks about Avatarland development, Shanghai and various issues why they can't release artwork for what they are going to do in Shanghai, etc . . .

It was said that sharp eyed fans will see some "hints" about WDI is working on with regards to future projects. I'm surprised that the fans here aren't figuring that WDI might sneak in a little concept art of what a new project at WDW might look like in case Burbank writes them a check.
Thank you for your time and insight for the great explanation!

bubbles1812

I expect a firm release date for Episode 7 and the formal announcement for a Star Wars Land in DHS with details to follow.
You have impressively high expectations. But even "2015" as a release year isn't tamped down officially. Just google Star Wars 7 release date and you'll find that JJ Abrams has been less than committal about it. Me thinks your expectations are too high...

Texas84

Followed by Darth Vader. "You will build StarWarsLand."

cba

Probably info on the seventh movie and maybe an announcement of SW land.

Cosmic Commando

Says absolutely nothing about new Iron Man movies in fact it suggests there will not be. Might I recommend you brush up on your reading skills?

???????????
I said that he's definitely signed for Avengers 2 and 3; also, there will probably not be an Iron Man 4 starring RDJ in the near future.

From the EW article:
"Robert Downey Jr. has reached a two-picture deal with Marvel Studios to appear in The Avengers 2 and The Avengers 3 — but notably not for a possible Iron Man 4."
"But that big question remains: Will we see any more solo Iron Man adventures starring Downey?
The actor, who is currently shooting the legal/family drama The Judge in Massachusetts, says he hopes to launch an entirely different film franchise at some point in the near future, and often notes that at 48, his super-powered fighting days are obviously numbered.
It is starting to look like Iron Man 3, which ended on a fairly conclusive note, won’t be the last we see of Tony Stark, but it might be the last time he stands alone."

Firstshowing:
"Back in May, shortly after the release of Iron Man 3, it was revealed that Robert Downey Jr. was in talks with Marvel and Disney to reprise his role as Iron Man for The Avengers 2 and The Avengers 3, but there was no discussion of an Iron Man 4."
"However, Iron Man 4 is not part of this new deal, so Gwyneth Paltrow's revelation that there might not be another standalone Iron Man movie with Downey and the rest of the crew could be accurate after all."

cba

I have learned the hard way not to get excited about Disney's "Surprises". ;)
Before official announcement on the forums: Everyone talking about what may happen, and everyone's excited :)
Announcement: More Meet and Greets :(
I actually like M&G's, but I think that it's getting too repetitive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom