-Fantasyland Theatre replacement
-Tomorrowland overhaul
Disney's California Adventure
-new Soarin' film
-Monsters Inc replacement

David S.

What I'd like:

WDW

Animal Kingdom - New section; either a new continent like Australia or South America, Beastly Kingdom, or Mysterious Island (although I am happy with the park now and consider it a "full day park") ;)

Studios - Expansion of Pixar Place to include Monsters Inc coaster/dark ride and/or Carsland. A brand new Mickey's Toontown with the character houses and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. If Backlot Tour has to go for all or any of this, I'd be OK with it.

Epcot - Original Journey Into Imagination ride and Image Works lovingly restored to their original brilliance and glory. New World Showcase nation/s, and/or new attraction/s for countries that don't have attractions (Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, UK)

Magic Kingdom - MSEP confirmed to be staying indefinitely. A change of plans that would either save the Snow White dark ride, or replace it with a different one (like Pinocchio) rather than use such valuable space and infrastructure for a M&G. Commitment to once again present the Country Bear Christmas Show and even possibly do the It's A Small World Holiday overlay.

DL

DCA - Country Bear Playhouse reopens in the Grizzly Peak section of the park

Disneyland - New Peoplemover-style scenic ride on the long-abandoned Peoplemover track, with the Orbitor relocated to its rightful home on top of the roof. And a new show of some sort to replace Innoventions in the Carousel Theatre that would be a worthy successor to Carousel of Progress and America Sings. Maybe the once-rumored space alien musical revue.

Not that I think all or any of this will happen, but it's fun to dream! :)

_Scar

My brain tells me: Nothing.
My heart says: new Imagination, AK expansion, Monsters Inc coaster.

Lets hope they meet in the middle.

I don't think we'll see any big announcements, but I'd love to be wrong.

Tops on my "crazy blue-sky dreaming" lists would be:

1. Journey into Imagination overhaul
2. (Disneyland) Tomorrowland overhaul
3. Animal Kingdom expansion/dark ride
4. (Disneyland Paris) Ratatouille dark ride
5. World Showcase - Brazil

I am in the pessimistic camp, I don't think they will announce anything that we don't already know about.

Dan

I predict...no surprises.
I don't think they have anything up their sleeve that we don't know about.

I'd love to be wrong, though...

For WDW......FLE expansion

Good Night

They have a one hour presentation. With all of their parks and resorts, doesn't leave a lot of time to touch on each of them. Based on this, I am saying we know about everything that will be "announced", and the rest will be updated art/models of already known projects.

Nothing for WDW is my bet. Does D23 have to be the only place to announce things? I don't think so.

Pessimists win!

toolsnspools

And for the rest of us... headaches from watching a long, boring, low quality web-cast with barely audible audio.

Oh well. I already planned to go see Harry Potter in 2012. :sohappy:

NoChesterHester

Total fail because the expectation level was so high. They knew this. All the legions of salivating fans left the arena carrying pitchforks.

I still like Staggs better then Rasulo. Rasulo was Vader without the redemption.

PalisadesPkteer

Did any of you REALLY think they were going to spend more money elsewhere when they are spending so much on FLE? Yes, like you I love to hope and dream that Disney will add new things. My list is a lot like many of you. But knew it was wishful thinking.

Lee was right again! See, I told you once that you were smart Lee!

cheezbat

Well I wasn't really expecting much...but hopefully at least ONE unknown announced attraction...but nope. Nothing new. Nothing. Man I'm glad I didn't spend hundreds of dollars to hit up D23 this week. I would have been really disappointed.

For those of you still bashing Universal....keep you eyes on that resort in the next five years or so. They have some great new rides and attractions in the planning...if they go through with them while Disney continues to rest on it's laurels, well, Universal's attendence numbers are going to eventually surpass the secondary Disney parks.

MarkTwain

Who thought Tom Staggs was anything special? Jay Rasolu was a much better showman.

I may side with Rasulo on showmanship... but that's about 0.01% of what I'm concerned about in who's in charge of Parks & Resorts. In just about every other aspect of running the parks, I prefer Staggs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom