D23 attraction announcements - let's hear your predictions

WeLComeHomE OKW

Really? How could you believe that? Maybe nothing huge will be announced today, but I assure you they will have a response to potter. How can you ignore that your biggest competitor that is 10 miles away has broken attendance and revenue records at the resort while WDW has stayed the same essentially?

The Fantasyland Expansion was their response to Potter. And, even though WDW attendance stayed the same, EVERY single WDW theme park crushed both Universal Parks. I don't think Disney is very worried.

_Scar

The Fantasyland Expansion was their response to Potter. And, even though WDW attendance stayed the same, EVERY single WDW theme park crushed both Universal Parks. I don't think Disney is very worried.

It may have been announced a bit after Potter, but according to various insiders the Disney "Potter-swatters" that were supposed to take down WWoHP were all put on the back burner. Something that would challenge WWoHP would need to target the young adult demographic, which FLE doesn't do.

wdwfan4ver

Disneyland - something Ironman
WDW - new daytime parade,test track refurbishment, and Fantasmic refurbishment
DLP - Ratatouille
Hung Kong - expansion update
Shanghai Disneyland - Castle being talked about
Other - Aulani and new Disney Cruise ships

I really don't see anything in terms of a new ride for WDW not already announced. If there is anything about a new ride, I expect to be at 2013 D23 if there is one because FLE should be completed by than.

Scuttle

Well of course they would break attendance, and revenue records. I'm sure that was a given on day one? That said, I'm sure Disney is curious how the next years will shape for Universal. Personally, I think there attendance, and revenue will slightly dip next year, and more so the following years. The books are done, and so are the films. Not saying that the Harry Potter lore will be dead, it's as timeless as StarWars, or Indiana Jones if you ask me.

But I seriously doubt that in the next 6 years it'll leave any speck of the impact it left on day 1. Disney is obviously unconcerned, and in the LONG RUN, I'd say they'd probably (I'm guessing here considering I don't own a crystal ball) be near the "correct" column.

My point is that Disneys theory of more tourists to central Florida is good period is wrong. WDW should have seen significant attendance increases if this were true. Also in 2010 Orlando had 50,000 million tourists. While universal set records along with central Florida WDW maintained its attendance basically. How's that not a huge concern?

Scuttle

It may have been announced a bit after Potter, but according to various insiders the Disney "Potter-swatters" that were supposed to take down WWoHP were all put on the back burner. Something that would challenge WWoHP would need to target the young adult demographic, which FLE doesn't do.

Exactly right. People who think the FLE is the "potter swatter" need to wake up.

_Scar

Disneyland - something Ironman
WDW - new daytime parade,test track refurbishment, and Fantasmic refurbishment
DLP - Ratatouille
Hung Kong - expansion update
Shanghai Disneyland - Castle being talked about
Other - Aulani and new Disney Cruise ships

I really don't see anything in terms of a new ride for WDW not already announced. If there is anything about a new ride, I expect to be at 2013 D23 if there is one because FLE should be completed by than.

Ironman? Is this really a possibility? :shrug:

I still think MI or another attraction will be announced along with those except maybe TT

For DLP, wasn't Ratatouille already announced?

Agree about HKDL

Shanghai!! I hope it's a for a new character

Sorry I piggy-backed my predictions/comments on your post :p

SJN1279

3:30 p.m. -
4:30 p.m. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Glimpse into some of the exciting projects currently underway at Disney's parks and resorts.

After reading the synopsis, it seems that they will only talk about already announced attractions.

wdwfan4ver

Ironman? Is this really a possibility? :shrug:
Yep.

It is based on the fact Disney is allowed to have attractions for Disneyland if they want to based on the legal standpoint since Disneyland is west of the Mississippi River. WDW is the Disney theme park that isn't allowed to have a Marvel attraction at all basically for a legal standpoint. That is caused by the contract Marvel has with Universal before Disney bought Marvel.

I read about Ironman for Disneyland for the few months in some way of form for Tomorrowland at Disneyland. It even was mentioned on miceage matter of fact this week by Al Lutz.

Communicore

Yeah I agree. Disney is running with no one, and then no one. Potter is nothing. It would be dated like their Alfred Hitchcock and Ghostbusters rides in no time. :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
I predict...no surprises.
I don't think they have anything up their sleeve that we don't know about.

I'd love to be wrong, though...

figmentsfan1982

Yeah I agree. Disney is running with no one, and then no one. Potter is nothing. It would be dated like their Alfred Hitchcock and Ghostbusters rides in no time. :lol:
That is why you never make "lands" based on movies or shows because sooner or later it will become dated, unless those movies become classics.

Chroniq

My predictions..

Disneyland/DCA- Overview of Cars Land and Buena Vista Avenue... Photos of the already constructed indoor show sets are the big news of the day.

Disneyworld. An overview of the Fantasyland Expansion with a couple of new unheard details that will make most of us smile..

Followed by 20 Minutes of Next Gen/ Wrist Band Talk... Which is meant to be the meat of this speech.

Followed by 10 minutes of an overview of Shanghai Disneyland. With concept art and ideas that willl blow your mind.

Forgot to mention.. You will NEVER see an Iron Man ride at any of the Disney"land" parks or magic kingdom. There will be a Marvel announcement though...

misterID

My predictions..

Disneyland/DCA- Overview of Cars Land and Buena Vista Avenue... Photos of the already constructed indoor show sets are the big news of the day.

Disneyworld. An overview of the Fantasyland Expansion with a couple of new unheard details that will make most of us smile..

Followed by 20 Minutes of Next Gen/ Wrist Band Talk... Which is meant to be the meat of this speech.

Followed by 10 minutes of an overview of Shanghai Disneyland. With concept art and ideas that willl blow your mind.

This sounds frighteningly believable :lookaroun

Captain Neo

Here are my predictions:

The Next-Gen project will get announced for WDW
Tony Stark/Iron Man attraction for DL

Everything else will be about stuff already announced like New Fantasyland, Carsland, etc.

wvdisneyfamily

Magic Kingdom
Dates for FLE

Animal Kingdom
Nothing unless PW gets a replacement

Studios
Additions to Pixar Place maybe in the forms of a TS restaurant and coaster
Permanent Perry meet and greet

Epcot
(This is where I'm being ultra hopeful.)
A new WS pavilion
SSE completion
Test Track enhancements
New Soarin
A new purpose for WoL and Imagination

My predictions..

Forgot to mention.. You will NEVER see an Iron Man ride at any of the Disney"land" parks or magic kingdom. There will be a Marvel announcement though...

Agree. Especially about the Iron Man, Only way that would ever happen is if they sold the parks :lookaroun

(Yay! 100 posts!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom