D23 attraction announcements - let's hear your predictions

Tim_4

I predict...no surprises.
I don't think they have anything up their sleeve that we don't know about.

I'd love to be wrong, though...

There are some things on their map that people would be excited about but I don't think any of the timelines would make an announcement today feasible.

No Monsters, Inc.
DAK likely five to ten years out
Beauty and the Beast will be replaced, but not soon and probably not Tangled
They might announce Test Track

Captain Chaos

How about the pro bowling alley for WWoS???

Filed June 6, 2011:

Disney filed paperwork with the water department today to expand the Wide World of Sports complex to add a large bowling center.

This project was thought to have been discarded when Disney announced the Splitsville bowling complex being added to Downtown Disney West Side. Apparently it is alive and well and coming in the near future. The big difference is that while the Splitsville complex would be a recreational bowling area, the one at the Wide World of Sports would have a starker competition and league setup.

DizFanatic

I don't want to "predict" anything, but I can dream...
Star light, star bright, here's my D23 wish for tonight:

1. Something big & cool for EPCOT. New Wonders of Life perhaps? (but please keep Cranium Command or move it to my basement) Maybe epic 3D experience to replace EO (and of the scale of how EO was originally done) or maybe new World Showcase pavilion with a ride attached.
2. DHS: Either Muppet ride or make Pixar Place into a "Real" land w/added attraction.
3. MK: DVC resort inside the castle! (I'm kidding guys! Please don't start the hate mail)
4. National Harbor project finally getting started with an indoor water park like GWL.

Anyway... I know we'll hear more detail of projects underway, but I really think there will be a surprise or 2.
:wave:

Obi

How about the pro bowling alley for WWoS???

Filed June 6, 2011:

Disney filed paperwork with the water department today to expand the Wide World of Sports complex to add a large bowling center.

This project was thought to have been discarded when Disney announced the Splitsville bowling complex being added to Downtown Disney West Side. Apparently it is alive and well and coming in the near future. The big difference is that while the Splitsville complex would be a recreational bowling area, the one at the Wide World of Sports would have a starker competition and league setup.

the bowling alley that they were originally going to set up in wwos was also to host the usbc's national tournament. every 3 years they were going to host it there. one of the other 2 years was supposed to be in reno at the national bowling stadium and the last of those 3 years was going to be at other sites across the country. whichever had the best bid to host the tournament. it's a huge tournament. however, at the last moment, something happened and the plans got scrapped... kind of sad about that because i was looking forward to bowling nationals at wdw, then taking a week to spend at the parks.

WDWFigment

I don't think we'll see any big announcements, but I'd love to be wrong.

Tops on my "crazy blue-sky dreaming" lists would be:

1. Journey into Imagination overhaul
2. (Disneyland) Tomorrowland overhaul
3. Animal Kingdom expansion/dark ride
4. (Disneyland Paris) Ratatouille dark ride
5. World Showcase - Brazil

_Scar

Mine would be

1.) Beastly Kingdom/JttCotE @ DAK South West
2.) Frontierland Expansion @ MK
3.) Radiator Springs Racers @ DHS Backlot
4.) Fantasmic! Overhaul/WoC @DHS
5.) Monsters Inc Coaster @ DHS Studio 1

Captain Neo

Universal attendance rose 40% in the past year and broke all previous records. There are now some people coming to Orlando solely to check out Harry Potter and Universal and aren't bothering with Disney. They are doing a "Harry Potter weekend" type event in November and they already sold out of the Premium tickets which were like $500 and only the $300 tickets are still available. They have huge lines just to buy merchandise and food. Universal also has the Marvel attractions which are hot properties at the boxoffice.

Disney would be foolish to continue to ignore Universal at this point. That said I still stand by my previous prediction in this thread.

TropicalFig8

Mine:
1. Imagination overhaul
2. Ratatouille ride
3. Monster's Inc Coaster
4. Test Track refurbishment
5. SSE

Only 1 of 5 could happen.

Foolish1

SHANGHAI: Vague overview with discussion focusing on Castle features (as recently reported in Shanghai Daily). A couple slides of artwork.

DL: Heavy focus on what we know - Carsland & Buenavista St. Nothing about hoped-for addtions to Frontierland or TL.

DLP: 50/50 mention of Ratatouille.

TOKYO: Some slides of Toy Story Mania and the newly opened Carpets.

HONG KONG: Some art & progress report on the expansion there.

WDW: Focus on the FLE. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

OTHER: Aulani.

My expectations are very low for anything exciting that we don't already know about. From experience, I've learned that if something cool is in the works, it breaks on the 'net a long time before there's an official announcement.

Of course, I hope I'm dead wrong and lots of big surprises are announced... but, realistically, I'd bet against it.

While I have no real information, I have been told that the leak from last year won't happen in the future. Meaning, if they have something they want to keep secret until D23, they now plan on it remaining a secret until then. Take it for what it's worth. (Not all that much.)

Bravo 229

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I have to believe they are going to announce something huge that we've never heard of. They'll probably cover the Mine Coaster a bit, and maybe a new parade for the MK.

jrlbc06

I'm just really hoping for an Animal Kingdom Expansion. JTTCOTE or Mystery Island or Beastly Kindgom in some incarnation. That park desperately needs a new land with both family friendly innovative dark rides and maybe 1 thrill ride. It really has the potential to be even greater than it is, and hopefully with Joe Rohde freed up now that Aulani is nearing completion he can finish the vision he started with!

JEANYLASER

Mine:
1. Universe of energy overhaul
2. Test Track refurbishment
3. Imagination and new 3D movie overhaul
4. Soarin over Florida
5. Fantasmic redo (new effects, new scenes etc)
6. World Showcase-Costa Rica
7 The Incredibles ride @ DHS Studios 1

vinnya1726

I think we are going to hear about a new parade for MK and then some expansion in either or both AK and HS. It very well might be nothing, but something tells me that Disney has something big in store for us. Maybe that is just my wishful thinking but HS and AK need some love and that wizard is cutting into profits...Iger is a buisness man and I am sure he does not like that.

Captain Neo

Isn't the actor who played Dreamfinder in Anahiem right now? Maybe they will announce the long anticipated Journey into Imagination 4

disneypearl

I would love to hear:

There was talk a long time ago about a Pirates of the Caribbean character restaurant across from the Jungle Cruise.

The Monster Inc. dark ride actually happening at DHS.

Captain EO leaving Epcot with a new 3D movie in its place.

Animal Kingdom expansion. Could be Beastly Kingdom or Australia.

SpectroMagic makes its return!! :sohappy:

Not sure what will be announced but it is fun to think about it.

RandySavage

While I have no real information, I have been told that the leak from last year won't happen in the future. Meaning, if they have something they want to keep secret until D23, they now plan on it remaining a secret until then. Take it for what it's worth. (Not all that much.)

To your point, and on the optimistic side, Staggs/TWDC may understand that he's not dealing with the press/general public. Those who attend D23 (Disney fans) are likely to know all about everything currently under construction... so an hour of describing FLE, Aulani, Carsland is not the way to get the core audience excited. There's a fair chance for a surprise or two.

We'll know in an hour.

toolsnspools

Count me in the AK expansion boat.

I'd also like to see a major refurb of JII, but I'd rather see something done with the empty WoL pavilion. Both would be awesome.

They need to continue with the positive progress at DHS. The MI coaster or a Marvel addition to the Streets of America would be nice there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom