Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

CAlexander

As we approach D23, does anyone know how far in advance they typically finalize their presentations? Additionally, are there any chances of leaks emerging regarding what they'll showcase as we draw nearer to the event?

TheRealSkull

It will be a good presentation if they don't take an hour to recap everything already happening or things that just opened. Give us a 5 minute montage and then jump right into announcements 😂
This is so true. I noticed this for the first time in 2019 when they made Rise of the Resistance a big announcement. Also for some reason, they did not save Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway Disneyland announcement for thatExpo, as they announced in the spring of that year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As we approach D23, does anyone know how far in advance they typically finalize their presentations? Additionally, are there any chances of leaks emerging regarding what they'll showcase as we draw nearer to the event?
Insiders have said that they're sometimes pulling announcements just 20 minutes before the presentation.

That's why insiders almost always pass on saying what will be in a D23 presentation.

If anyone wants to know what will be presented at D23.... wait for the presentation.

Gusey

I think we're expecting a lot because Disney has made quite a few large announcements already this year that would normally be saved for D23. Some may get expanded on but what we've had so far is:
  • Disney Destiny as the 8th cruise ship
  • Disney Adventure World replacing Walt Disney Studios Park
  • A peek at the Tropical Americas model (Tropical Americas will likely get expanded on)
  • It's A Small World with Groot at Tokyo Disneyland
  • Wreck-it Ralph replacing Buzz Lightyear at Tokyo Disneyland
  • Shanghai Disneyland's 3rd expansion (a rollercoaster whose theme may get confirmed at D23)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It will be a good presentation if they don't take an hour to recap everything already happening or things that just opened. Give us a 5 minute montage and then jump right into announcements 😂
Wouldn't be a proper D23 if at least 75% of the presentation wasn't just filler! Need a musical number or two, a guest appearance by someone who is losely connected to a project in some obscure way, an opportunity to congratulate themselves on being masters of the universe, and some comedic banter that never quite lands!

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Wouldn't be a proper D23 if at least 75% of the presentation wasn't just filler! Need a musical number or two, a guest appearance by someone who is losely connected to a project in some obscure way, an opportunity to congratulate themselves on being masters of the universe, and some comedic banter that never quite lands!
Don't forget a character costume reveal and some token gift for the live audience.

peng

Feel like there will be slightly less filler, mostly because of the game segment being in. I skipped it last year and got a bunch of free stuff elsewhere and I felt like I didn't miss anything, especially as next to nothing was announced at that panel.

Nickm2022

I do think the fact that projects that would usually be saved as filler for D23 are getting announced in advance is a good sign. I mean think about it, DVC coming to Frontierland, Adventure World renamed and expansions, Cruise stuff, Downtown Disney expansion and more would all usually be saved for filler at D23. So the fact all of those smaller projects are being announced now in advance gives me great comfort that any filler would be at least bigger projects or short updates on such projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom