Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

BrianLo

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but you’re delusional if you think Wish or Turning Red will get their own attractions.

That was not the point of my post. Turning Red is a successful movie, that’s all I originally meant before people ran with it. It very poorly lends itself to an attraction. Nothing is that magical about 1999 Toronto. But as a character piece or songs it’s fine. Mei Mei might get treated like Stitch. Turning Red was their most popular direct to streaming movie of the lot.

Wish was a dud and from a popularity lens we already see she was dumped from the Grand Flo character breakfast. Though if it was popular Rosas would be a much more inspired park addition. It’s a total non starter. There’s simply no point speculating about it when it’s already in the garbage heep behind literally 25+ other stronger IP they haven’t tapped at all yet.

bmr1591

There are no plans to expand the Skyliner to all resorts.

They have a mockup of what it would look like to get the Skyliner to all major hubs or resorts, such as the T&T Center for MK, AKL and AK. They designed it in such a way that it could and would be expanded. How far they’ll bring it, no one knows, but they certainly have mock ups.

bmr1591

That was not the point of my post. Turning Red is a successful movie, that’s all I originally meant before people ran with it. It very poorly lends itself to an attraction. Nothing is that magical about 1999 Toronto. But as a character piece or songs it’s fine. Mei Mei might get treated like Stitch. Turning Red was their most popular direct to streaming movie of the lot.

Wish was a dud and from a popularity lens we already see she was dumped from the Grand Flo character breakfast. Though if it was popular Rosas would be a much more inspired park addition. It’s a total non starter. There’s simply no point speculating about it when it’s already in the garbage heep behind literally 25+ other stronger IP they haven’t tapped at all yet.

Turning Red may have streamed well, but it is far from popular.

BrianLo

Turning Red may have streamed well, but it is far from popular.

Based on…? A gut feeling?

It’s a direct streaming movie. Its barometer of success was streaming. Overtaking a litany of films such as everything Illumination and Dreamworks that isn’t Mario and maybe Sing 2. Everything Disney that isn’t Encanto, Moana, Frozen and now Elemental. Settling into the Coco/Zootopia camp.

It’s not the most popular, but everyone is making up their own snap decisions which are not consistent with how these movies are actually performing in reality.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They have a mockup of what it would look like to get the Skyliner to all major hubs or resorts, such as the T&T Center for MK, AKL and AK. They designed it in such a way that it could and would be expanded. How far they’ll bring it, no one knows, but they certainly have mock ups.
What's the source of that claim?

Our best insiders have said there were plans for maybe one or two lines, but have since been abandoned. According to them, there were never any plans (other than wishful thinking maybe) to connect all resorts and parks.

They way they built the current Skyliner makes expanding it exceedingly difficult. Almost as if there were no plans to expand it.

doctornick

There are other options besides skylines. E.g. vehicles (tracked or untracked) on dedicated lanes.
Yeah, insiders here have indicated that there are potential plans for connections to DAK but not additional Skyliner lines. I have gotten the impression the idea is something tracked like a light rail but I don’t think there’s been any confirmation.

If Skyliner gets expanded it would like be in the direction of Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Springs etc

Ripken10

Yeah, insiders here have indicated that there are potential plans for connections to DAK but not additional Skyliner lines. I have gotten the impression the idea is something tracked like a light rail but I don’t think there’s been any confirmation.

If Skyliner gets expanded it would like be in the direction of Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Springs etc
No idea is ever dead, and to say there was never thoughts on expansions on any idea isn't ever completely honest. I know they once considered a boat connecting AKL to Animal Kingdom where they even had teams discussing it. Just because it is not on the table now, does it mean it will not every be on the table again.

Especially with the brief period with Bob C, and now back to Bob I, you never know what idea may peek his head around the corner again. I do think that the popularity of the Skyliner has made them consider all sorts of things. Whether those ideas get past the drawing board...well one day something will.

Also worth noting, they have made a faster gondola then the one build in WDW. The high speed gondola is usually built in places traveling farther distances, and who knows what advancement may be on the horizon. Personally, as much as I love the gondola, I fear they may not be doing another one in WDW, at least not in the foreseeable future.

CoasterFan27

I’m sure they don’t want to increase their backup bus fleet, but one more small skyliner connection would be delightful.
I wonder how many buses and drivers they have to have available to cover a potential breakdown or bad weather. Could have turned it to be a lot of overhead compared to just running more frequent buses.

It feels like a short hop from the Orleans resorts to EPCOT could be efficient. Though another T shake running N/S from Orleans to Key West and E/W to Springs one way and EPCOT the other would be neat. One can dream...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom