Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

SailorMercury

I think a blue sky with Figment would be the most shameful, half-baked, lip-service thing ever done at a D23.

So obviously its going to happen. And one idea will be Inside Out and the single Figment idea they'd bring won't have Dreamfinder.

Magic Kingdom:
Beyond Big Thunder? Maybe?

Not feeling a Moana Adventureland announcement happening at D23 but it's coming eventually.

Seconding a 'small MK classic refurb'. I don't know which one but I can see Tiki Room or CoP.
Stitch replacement announcement.
Speedway going Electric? Combine that with the above prediction. That makes sense.

EPCOT:
Test Track 3.0 news, probably ending that with someone saying "It's Fun To Be Free!" and winking at the crowd.

Song won't appear on the ride.

More Figment teasing that goes nowhere. If we're lucky a blue sky.

Hollywood Studios:

Launch Bay replacement blue sky.

Animal Kingdom

Tropical America
“A little figment told us that you all are fans of a certain character at Epcot? Someone who has been around since nearly opening day, and has been loved by generations of park guests ever since. Well. We certainly feel it in the audience tonight. Which is why we are happy to announce that Journey into Imagination with Figment will be (and at this point everyone is very excited) getting a new statue featuring Epcot’s iconic mascot right outside of the Magic Eye Theater!”

SailorMercury

I don't agree with just throwing Tangled into Germany. Rides in EPCOT pavilions should serve a greater purpose of teaching the culture of the country, not just shoehorn in an IP. It's why Frozen fails, though it is popular. Now, you could still do the Tangled ride and use the queue as an opportunity to teach, but I don't see them doing that.
With Epcot’s theme down the drain, what’s even the point of saying “well I don’t want this objectively positive addition because it doesn’t fit 1980’s Epcot”

BrianLo

Yeah, I was thinking that too that the Tangled ride in Germany would be such a great addition. Couple that with something like Pinocchio in Italy, revisiting the Poppins idea for UK, or (dare I dream) a Mt. Fuji coaster for Japan to really help buff up the World Showcase.

I’d love Luca, for Italy. I feel like that’s far more of a love letter to the country.

TTA94

Original Poster
That IDK, however it was nice to see MSEP return as IOA & IOA's Potter was Opening!

I was at MK for MSEP's 1st Return on the same day IOA Opened I believe, back in 1999. Unfortunately, MSEP did not have a Full MK because it stormed for 3 Hours before MSEP's Step Off. What IOA & MK would have looked like on a Dry Sunny Day, who knows! LOL!!!!
I didn't see MSEP 2010 till 2011. How was that first Summer 2010 Night? Of course, Magic, Music And Mayhem returned with Prim. that same Night So......

The Mario Update last week still has 2025 as the Year.....
I'm guessing around Memorial Weekend 2025, just like IOA & Potter Lands at UOR..... That said, I have seen No Rumors yet for EU's Date..............

I wish we had some kind of idea of what parade we should be expecting, or rather where our expectations should be. I know where many of our expectations are currently and that’s high in the Dreamlights category lol, but worried that’s very dangerous to have those expectations. This is cheap penny pinching WDW/US Disney parks we are talking about lol.

eddie104

I wish we had some kind of idea of what parade we should be expecting, or rather where our expectations should be. I know where many of our expectations are currently and that’s high in the Dreamlights category lol, but worried that’s very dangerous to have those expectations. This is cheap penny pinching WDW/US Disney parks we are talking about lol.
To be honest that can’t be excuse anymore going forward if they are serious about the $17 billion for WDW alone.

Everything should be of high quality with very few cuts in my opinion. Of course I know it’s the bean counters who decide what gets downgraded or plussed.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I know this Site wants Spectro 2.0

Is there anyone left at Mk who knows Spectro's positive impact???

Is it bad to hope for Spectro Dreamlights Floats and the OG Soundtrack??? LOL!!!!!

SailorMercury

My predictions:
Magic Kingdom is leveled. It’s replacement? Kuzcotopia

Epcot gets a new attraction in the former WoL building: Jonesy’s Fortnite Adventure

Animal Kingdom’s Asia is removed and is replaced with an outlet mall featuring outlets for popular stores such as Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Best Buy

Hollywood Studios loses Sunset Blvd. In its place is an attraction simply titled “We put Sailor Moon here because it’s on Disney+ and we want that synergy. The second it’s taken off this thing is getting ripped apart”

Inspired Figment

“A little figment told us that you all are fans of a certain character at Epcot? Someone who has been around since nearly opening day, and has been loved by generations of park guests ever since. Well. We certainly feel it in the audience tonight. Which is why we are happy to announce that Journey into Imagination with Figment will be (and at this point everyone is very excited) getting a new statue featuring Epcot’s iconic mascot right outside of the Magic Eye Theater!”
Tbh, no need for a new statue, I’m surprised they haven’t put the Figment topiary back permanently in the little fountain spot. Used to be a classic feature that would spin in that little planter with the fountains jumping around it until it was removed for a while.. then put back again briefly after the ‘02 renovation, and then taken out yet again for whatever reason. Never should’ve been removed to begin with. Kinda makes me think they should put the single Figment topiary they bring out for Flower & Garden here and make a brand new topiary for the Flower & Garden festival.. maybe something that looks reminiscent to the old Realm of Art scene featuring Dreamfinder with the giant paint brush and Figment with the artists beret on with the pot of rainbows coming out of it.. def fits the “Festival of the Arts” theme better.. :
IMG_9624.jpeg

Last edited:

jrhwdw

My predictions:
Magic Kingdom is leveled. It’s replacement? Kuzcotopia

Epcot gets a new attraction in the former WoL building: Jonesy’s Fortnite Adventure

Animal Kingdom’s Asia is removed and is replaced with an outlet mall featuring outlets for popular stores such as Urban Outfitters, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Best Buy

Hollywood Studios loses Sunset Blvd. In its place is an attraction simply titled “We put Sailor Moon here because it’s on Disney+ and we want that synergy. The second it’s taken off this thing is getting ripped apart”
What a Nice Thought!!!! Mk is Gone!!!!!

Honestly!!!!!!!!!!!!

bmr1591

What does Ratatouille, the ride, teach us again about France?

I don't like Rat either, but you could *stretch* it and say it teaches about French cuisine. But it's a stretch.

With Epcot’s theme down the drain, what’s even the point of saying “well I don’t want this objectively positive addition because it doesn’t fit 1980’s Epcot”

I'd rather revive the theme than continue to drain it. Homogenization kills theme parks.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
“In an unprecedented expansion of our next-level Scentsy partnership, ‘Pooping Dreamfinder’ will shower every passing guest in Figment’s iconic skunk aroma.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know this Site wants Spectro 2.0

Is there anyone left at Mk who knows Spectro's positive impact???

Is it bad to hope for Spectro Dreamlights Floats and the OG Soundtrack??? LOL!!!!!
Here's what *I* want..

hold on, Imma going to post videos of every parade, day or night, from every park, including non-Disney parks, and post them here without commentary so you know....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom