Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

DisneyHead123

While it’s great news to finally get a parade back it’s not so great news that’s the only answer they have to EUs opening, Unless they truly do not care.
Honestly at this point maybe being reactive really makes the most sense. Not ideal overall but after a pandemic and CEO shakeup a proactive approach just wasn’t in the cards… so at this point maybe last minute guesswork just doesn’t make sense. No way Disney could roll something out in time for EUs opening, but hypothetically what they can do is wait to see what works and what flops, and take it from there. Disney can’t beat Universal to market, but they can let EU do some very expensive market research for them and potentially react based on what they see.

bwr827

My predictions (based on nothing but me wanting it to exist):

DHS:
Star Wars Restaurant (it would literally print money)
Two new missions for Smugglers Run (seems like a simple win)

And DHS predictions that are just silly:
Muppet Vision 3D to move to the Star Wars Launch Bay space which is torn down. Galaxy's Edge to expand all the way to Star Tours. New Speeder Bike ride using a modified version of the Flight of Passage system. A new shop that let's you build speeder bike toys. And an additional quick service restaurant.
Ok I love your idea of a speeder bike ride! Only not sure how it would work because speeders don’t have a lot of vertical variation in their flight…

Ayla

Honestly at this point maybe being reactive really makes the most sense. Not ideal overall but after a pandemic and CEO shakeup a proactive approach just wasn’t in the cards… so at this point maybe last minute guesswork just doesn’t make sense. No way Disney could roll something out in time for EUs opening, but hypothetically what they can do is wait to see what works and what flops, and take it from there. Disney can’t beat Universal to market, but they can let EU do some very expensive market research for them and potentially react based on what they see.
People need to stop making excuses for TWDC. It isn't like EU was just announced a couple months ago. It was announced almost 5 years ago.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
People need to stop making excuses for TWDC. It isn't like EU was just announced a couple months ago. It was announced almost 5 years ago.

Remember - "We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital."

:D

DisneyHead123

I didn’t preface my comment by saying I thought it was a great move - I said it wasn’t ideal. That said, what’s done is done. And at this point I do think it would be silly for Disney to trip over themselves to rush out a new land by, what, 2027? If they’ve waited this long, probably a good idea to wait a little longer and see how EU plays out.

Also think it’s worth noting that, realistically, it’s not likely the EU is going to open and just hoover up some significant percentage of Disney’s park share overnight. It will get some initial buzz and traffic, sure. But major trend changes in attendance play out over time. Disney will have a fair amount of time to respond before any significant changes in attendance patterns happen.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Remember - "We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital."

:D

Yeah.

I mean, honestly, though, I'm not sure what you'd expect him to say other than corporate buzz. He's not going to be like, "We're terrified that they are continuing to take days out of peoples' central Florida vacations."

But yes. It sounds silly to hear him say "we have no concerns" because it's laughably untrue.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Maybe. They certainly might put Moana in the Adventureland pad, but don't forget that Moana is really only represented at WDW. There are a lot of other parks they may want to put attractions in before another in WDW.
Sure, it’s “represented” but not really. It should have its own actual attraction.
But yes. It sounds silly to hear him say "we have no concerns" because it's laughably untrue.
I rather them say nothing then basically we don’t care. They need to make this D23 an event and announce a slew of new impressive attractions.

Surferboy567

So should Lion King, and Aladdin, and BatB, and Pinocchio, and Alice in Wonderland, etc.
Totally agree, for the record though BatB, Pinoke, and Alice technically have attractions in Disneylands. We shouldn’t have to pick and choose though still baffles me how lion king and Aladdin don’t have any attraction.

Especially Lion King which has a whole park woven around its DNA.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Definitely agree but what’s done is done. We have this year’s event and I hope it’s the best yet. I’m personally going for the first time ever and have high hopes.

Well, you know what they say - You can hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first.

cranbiz

Ok I love your idea of a speeder bike ride! Only not sure how it would work because speeders don’t have a lot of vertical variation in their flight…
It needs to be taken further, speeder bikes would be fun but pod racers can give you a bit more vertical height (going over a jump, etc) and the speed element.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And people like you need to pay attention.

For the past five years, both Bobs had said over and over again that streaming would be the company's top priority. And it was. All their free cash went into that rather than a pickle measuring match against Universal in Orlando.

Again, let me clear: TWDC very purposely and intentionally chose not "to answer EU." At least not in the way you wanted in your timeframe because, instead, they chose to go all in on investing in streaming.

If it was up to you, they would have dumped that money into WDW with ten new rides (on tops of the 6 they already made) for a small gain in profits and let their linear/cable TV business (which brings in a big chunk of their profits and kept the company afloat during the lockdowns) wither on the vine.

Disney doesn't owe you or anyone else the 'idea' that the Orlando theme parks have to be significantly better than Universal's theme parks. Stop personalizing the issue. People aren't "making excuses." They're explaining reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom