Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

dmc493

As someone who enjoys Disney entertainment but is predominantly a parks person, last night was a good reminder that this is still an entertainment company with a parks division, not the other way around. With how fragile the success of their entertainment division can be with hits v flops, I’d be shocked to see a parks CEO again.

MerlinTheGoat

I am wondering what they really mean by that, did he use the actual words broke ground? we haven't seen any permits for that area.
I rewatched that segment and they didn't say anything about ground moving on villains whatsoever. Following the entire parks presentation, it was stated that ground was already being broken on "these attractions", but it was referring to the entire global parks presentation. Not Villains or anything specific at all.

rreading

I am wondering what they really mean by that, did he use the actual words broke ground? we haven't seen any permits for that area.

Specifically what he said was “earth is already starting to move” - maybe that’s metaphorical. I love TSI and really appreciate the Liberty Belle.

It sure looks like the easiest thing to do is put Cars and Villains inside the train loop over TSI/RoA…but he also definitely said “the biggest expansion in the park’s entire history” (which clearly means more expansion than Tron); and they recently expanded DL with GE in an area that seemed impossible too

I’m hoping they choose to take that path

BrianLo

The fact that nothing that was announced was a clone of a previous ride or a "we're building two" situation was refreshing. All new attractions across the board...

This is extremely self centered from a point of privilege… but I have 10-11 major new attractions to experience that are all unique as far as I’m concerned, opening in the next 5 years. Plus a host of other smaller things.

That’s more than a new park, for me to experience. Plus I’m lagging behind the newest Asia attractions and Epic… I’m feasting so well these next five years!

BrianLo

Based on announcements and timelines, 2026 looks to be a stale year with the only thing next year is the light parade and test track

Each park should have had a different expansion planned already underway with something new opening every year.

I definitely think 2026 will have some added stuff. Mermaid, Country Bears, Night parade, Test Track, Tree of Life etc all sort of came on this timeframe.

While they are seeming to take a let’s spread the love around approach to WDW, except not for Epcot and an extra serving for Magic Kingdom, I do still suspect a night show for DAK would come on the same 2027 timeframe.

I understand the hesitancy that the feedback heading into this was let’s just announce solid projects (even if some of them were super light on specifics).

MerlinTheGoat

Specifically what he said was “earth is already starting to move” - maybe that’s metaphorical. I love TSI and really appreciate the Liberty Belle.

It sure looks like the easiest thing to do is put Cars and Villains inside the train loop over TSI/RoA…but he also definitely used the word “expansion” and they recently expanded DL with GE in an area that seemed impossible too

I’m hoping they choose to take that path
Disney somehow scraped together enough unused space to build MMRR in DL's Toontown without replacing anything important, whereas it replaced GMR in Orlando. Don't get your hopes up, Disney World loves selectively ignoring its "blessing of size". There are also unfortunately high ups at the company who want rid of both TSI and the Riverboat/RoA.

There are ways of fitting both Cars and Villains up in the "Beyond" area without compromising RoA at all. There are also ways of getting them to fit while only making the River a bit shorter ala Disneyland. But I wouldn't bet on it surviving at all given how things usually go at WDW. At least not as a loop that the Riverboat will still travel around, I could maybe see a linear strip of the river remaining partially alongside the original walkway between Liberty Square and Frontierland.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Missed this in the schedule - Zach Riddley makes an appearance at the Spotlight Stage with Pete Docter today.

Creator Conversations is a daily offering that shines a spotlight on creators across film, television, theater, music, and Walt Disney Imagineering. These intimate conversations delve into their journeys as storytellers, exploring how their own fandom has shaped their creative paths within The Walt Disney Company.

mickEblu

Do we think Monsters Inc going away for Avatar at DCA played any role in finally getting the Doors Cosster green lit? Not sure how much save they by recycling some of those props/ figures but I can’t imagine it’s all that much in the grand scheme of things.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
this was the best D23 in years, this clearly puts D’amaro as the next Disney CEO. Any other choice would be a massive oversight imo. I’m still shocked by how well done this presentation was (the filler sucked, but the announcements were pretty much all very solid.). Yeah I’m sad about some announcements but ultimately the potential is endless. Also the site not to be named said that the press said this all is supposed to release within the next 5 years.
I dont see any connection between last night and future CEO. Everything we saw is based on Iger and the board backing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom