Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Ayla

He knows that but just being obtuse and a contrarian.

It’s very evident he doesn’t care for Disney like that and is going to make that known every post.
It can't be too terrible, he's on his 2nd trip so far this year.

Edit - Just returned from, I'm a bit behind on this thread.

Bocabear

What would make anyone think that Asha should have been dropped in 1900 Park Fare? She fits into the Grand Floridian about as well as Pandora fits Main Street... I know the whole Mandate thing...but that is not a great excuse for putting just anything, anywhere...

James Alucobond

What would make anyone think that Asha should have been dropped in 1900 Park Fare? She fits into the Grand Floridian about as well as Pandora fits Main Street... I know the whole Mandate thing...but that is not a great excuse for putting just anything, anywhere...
No one is saying it’s a good fit or that it should be done, just that it’s somewhat notable that a wish-themed makeover didn’t include a character from the movie named “Wish” despite not caring about the theming of the resort with the other character selections (Prince Ali, bayou-clomping Tiana, etc.).

Tha Realest

Yeah, I don’t think she or the theme fits at all - but it feels like the theme was built around showcasing her specifically, based on the sure hit they had on their hands. When the film face-planted, it seems the face character went away.

Oh well, off to the next opportunity to showcase “relevance” in the parks and resorts.

tonystank18

My Predictions:

Magic Kingdom-
- Beyond Big Thunder (w/ what IP they are looking at putting in)
- Pirates Restaurant in Adventureland

Epcot-
- Test Track 3.0 details
- Figment/Magic Eye Theater replacement (potentially new Figment ride & Inside Out show in Magic Eye)

Hollywood Studios-
- Little Mermaid show details

Animal Kingdom-
- Zootopia replacing Tough to be Bug (w/ closing date announced)
- South America w/ Encanto ride & Indy replacing Dinosaur

Unsure if they will announce (more or so my ideas for updates/replacements)-
- Moana ride in Adventureland
- Wreck-It Ralph replacing Buzz (or maybe a Buzz referb)
- Incredibles reskin of Rockin Roller Coaster (maybe the new track is to prep for a replacement idk)

Bocabear

Yeah, I don’t think she or the theme fits at all - but it feels like the theme was built around showcasing her specifically, based on the sure hit they had on their hands. When the film face-planted, it seems the face character went away.

Oh well, off to the next opportunity to showcase “relevance” in the parks and resorts.
Wish was one of the worst Disney films I have ever seen...I can't believe they all thought it was going to be such a hit....All the merch they made for it is still sitting on the shelves...

Nickm2022

My Predictions:

Magic Kingdom-
- Beyond Big Thunder (w/ what IP they are looking at putting in)
- Pirates Restaurant in Adventureland

Epcot-
- Test Track 3.0 details
- Figment/Magic Eye Theater replacement (potentially new Figment ride & Inside Out show in Magic Eye)

Hollywood Studios-
- Little Mermaid show details

Animal Kingdom-
- Zootopia replacing Tough to be Bug (w/ closing date announced)
- South America w/ Encanto ride & Indy replacing Dinosaur

Unsure if they will announce (more or so my ideas for updates/replacements)-
- Moana ride in Adventureland
- Wreck-It Ralph replacing Buzz (or maybe a Buzz referb)
- Incredibles reskin of Rockin Roller Coaster (maybe the new track is to prep for a replacement idk)
I agree with most of this. I do think we will get more Hollywood announcements, especially at least the confirmation of a new land in Animation Courtyard back to Rockin Rollercoaster, I also think (and maybe this is wishful thinking) that they won't mention the Zootopia show and effectively cancel that project.

Sneakman

My Predictions:
THE MAGIC KINGDOM
-Beyond Big Thunder Phase 1 IP Reveal and vague but more clear concept art
-Nightime Parade Reveal
- Pirates Bar Details
-Big Thunder refurb
-(wild guess) tiki room-country bear musical jamboree-esque update
EPCOT
- Test Track 3.0 (but its world of motion this time) details
-(unsure)Possible SSE reveal with potential sponsorship(?)
-(Gut Feeling) some sort of figment+dreamfinder key jingling (NOT AN ACTUAL RIDE REVEAL) to keep people buying merch
- (maybe) inside out in magic eye if sequel does well

DHS
-(wild guess) a new millennium falcon route
-(unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility) animation courtyard blue sky
Disney Animal Kingdom
-tropical America ride reveals and in depth conversation and discussion
-zootopia tough to be a bug
-(could go either way) light teasing Lion king boat ride

MISC
DISNEY VILLIANS - at least a mention in some way shape or form, wether for MK, DHS, or something else entirely
- ( you never know) maybe a new dvc hotel or reflections revival

Nickm2022

D23 Predictions:
MK:
Moana Ride and Meet and Greet at MK
Updated Adventure Land (similar like Tomorrowland update with tron, nice retouches, and moving away from the 90’s themes)
Beyond BTM Concept Art (similar to 2015 Galaxy’s Edge, vague but confirms themes and IP’s)
Tiana presence in park expanded
Tavern Update
EP:
Test Track 3.0 Update
Something Imagination Pavilion related
AK:
Tropical Americas (plus detail)
Lion King Ride
New Nighttime Show (confirms longer park hours)
Zootopia show canceled (not mentioned)
New Nighttime Drone Show
New Food offerings
YETI FIX
HS:
New Land(s) replacing animation courtyard, my guess is Monsters Inc AND Zootopia lands
Rock N Roller Coaster Retheme (likely to Inc or Zoo)
New Nighttime Drone Show
Other:
Expanded Meet and Greet options at all 4 parks
Reflections LakeSide Lodge reannounced
Polynesian Tower Updates (names of restaurants/offerings)

Sneakman

D23 Predictions:
MK:
Updated Adventure Land (similar like Tomorrowland update with tron, nice retouches, and moving away from the 90’s themes)
Beyond BTM Concept Art (similar to 2015 Galaxy’s Edge, vague but confirms themes and IP’s)
Tavern Update
EP:
Test Track 3.0 Update
AK:
Lion King Ride
New Nighttime Drone Show
New Food offerings
YETI FIX
HS:
New Land(s) replacing animation courtyard, my guess is Monsters Inc AND Zootopia lands
New Nighttime Drone Show
Other:
I admire the hope you still have for fixing the yeti.

eddie104

D23 Predictions:
MK:
Tavern Update
EP:
Test Track 3.0 Update
AK:
Lion King Ride
New Nighttime Drone Show
New Food offerings
YETI FIX
HS:
New Nighttime Drone Show
Other:
I really like your list.

dreamfinding

D23 Predictions:
MK:
Tavern Update
EP:
Test Track 3.0 Update
AK:
Lion King Ride
New Nighttime Drone Show
New Food offerings
YETI FIX
HS:
New Nighttime Drone Show
Other:
While we’re on the subject of Adventureland, can we please do something about the CM costumes?

V_L_Raptor

Unfortunately you’re right. It seems like the majority of everything they have been doing has turned into either a disaster, disappointment and or fits in the “just ok” category. As sad as it is to say the odds of things changing moving forward is slim.

A word I just found on YouTube this week… “Disneypointment.”

V_L_Raptor

It’s cute, but also just kinda sounds like my next trip plan. “When are you guys going, again?” “Oh, we’ve got a Disneypointment for early next year.”

Could even apply in either context, really. It all depends on what they flub before you get there. (Then you’d be doubly Disneypointed.)

TTA94

Original Poster
Hope that a new nighttime show for DAK is in development ... combining fountains & drones ... though i must admit drones feel out of place for the general vibes of DAK. But I do think it is probably the correct path forward to separate it from the other night time show offerings at the resort.

I agree. Unfortunately no insiders like @wdwmagic have hinted that a DAK show is in development, unless it’s being kept very quiet which is possible. It has been hinted that they have plans for future drone usage so there must be things in the pipeline that nobody is talking about.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I agree. Unfortunately no insiders like @wdwmagic have hinted that a DAK show is in development, unless it’s being kept very quiet which is possible. It has been hinted that they have plans for future drone usage so there must be things in the pipeline that nobody is talking about.
The focus is definitely elsewhere for the time being.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom