Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Ichabod Crane

Dang I was hoping for at least 1 of Moana for Adventureland and lion king for Africa. It almost seems underwhelming but hoping for the best. I’m starting to think the Lion King proposal wasn’t being really considered. Moana I think will eventually happen maybe next D23.
Moana I believe is being counted as part of BBT and we know The Rock is at D23 :)

Big_Shakalaka

Even hints about DHS would be great. Disappointed Epcot will be left off the table since SSE and JII are very much in need of love but overall excited in general
They'll have Destination D in Orlando next year. So, I wouldnt be shocked if they are holding on some of those util then. And it gives them another year to lock in details a little more firmly.

Surferboy567

Dang I was hoping for at least 1 of Moana for Adventureland and lion king for Africa. It almost seems underwhelming but hoping for the best. I’m starting to think the Lion King proposal wasn’t being really considered. Moana I think will eventually happen maybe next D23.
I’d be super shocked if Moana doesn’t happen tonight. Really hope their is a dark horse, I’m excited for tonight though.

No Lion king is a real bummer. They better announce villains.

necott99

They'll have Destination D in Orlando next year. So, I wouldnt be shocked if they are holding on some of those util then. And it gives them another year to lock in details a little more firmly.
That's understandable, but still disappointing, if true. From my POV, why not just announce those now, even as Blue Sky, to appease the fans and build some much needed goodwill? They've been trigger happy with Blue Sky in the past, so why not for something like this? Likely because they have no plan, but hopefully I'm proven wrong!

Tha Realest

Moana I believe is being counted as part of BBT and we know The Rock is at D23 :)
If we believe they’ll double dip on who is already here as a guide for Parks announcements, then….

The Rock -> Moana attraction
James Cameron / Joe Rodhe -> Avatar attraction*
Harrison Ford -> Indiana Jones DAK attraction
Kevin Feige -> DCA King Thanos ride
LMM -> Encanto

*mentioned in the earnings presentation for DLR already

Wild cards:
Frank Oz is being honored. Something Muppets?
Angela Basset too - Black Panther in parks/cruise line?
Miley Cyrus -> RNRC reskin to Hannah Montana

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If we believe they’ll double dip on who is already here as a guide for Parks announcements, then….

The Rock -> Moana attraction
James Cameron / Joe Rodhe -> Avatar attraction*
Harrison Ford -> Indiana Jones DAK attraction
Kevin Feige -> DCA King Thanos ride
LMM -> Encanto

*mentioned in the earnings presentation for DLR already

Wild cards:
Frank Oz is being honored. Something Muppets?
Angela Basset too - Black Panther in parks/cruise line?
Miley Cyrus -> RNRC reskin to Hannah Montana
Is Lin-Manuel Miranda around?

ednamodedarling

Just a guess ... thinking this means they have landed on Villains in MK as part of BBT & Door Coaster/Monstropolis being the expansion in DHS. If we are getting Moana, Coco, Villains in MK & Monsters Inc in DHS. I am VERY happy. (Also truly would not mind RSR in BBT as well, As I think it makes sense to show the evolution of transportation in the frontier from Trains to cars. Which I belive would be the justification.)

GenChi

Looking like the major announcements for WDW will be something close to:

Beyond Big Thunder
DAK Indy
DAK Encanto Dark Ride
MK Parade

With a possible last minute decision on a DHS addition.

And then Lion King for DLP, and more details on DL Forward.

If this is what happens I would consider this a good D23 announcement for WDW. Not a GOAT but they'd have done well. If BBTM phase I is still Blue Sky and not a definite announcement I think it would be disappointing, and a major Moana/Lion King/DHS announcement would put this in great territory

BrianLo

In fairness, PIXAR was the only one last night who actually had original concepts to showcase. Sure Toy Story 5 makes them an easy punching bag, but they’re still allowing original ideas to flourish.

WDAS’s Nov 2026 is also original per Jennifer Lee. We just don’t know what it is yet.

I don’t think the joke made its way here, but Jason Batrman’s / ‘Nick’s’ sequence, while announcing all the fake Zootopia movies, made a crack about how they should do something more original, but Bob Tiger wouldn’t like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom