Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

The Leader of the Club

Tomorrow's won't be this long. There won't be any celebrity ovations to delay things or song performances.
Have you ever seen a Disney Parks Panel?
They brought out Dick Van in 2019 to do a performance of Step in Time. Anika Noni Rose did a performance of Almost There in 2022. These things always have songs and celebrities, so don’t be too shocked when Harrison Ford comes to announce Indy in Animal Kingdom after the performance of We Don’t Talk About Bruno.

In the Parks
No
Have you ever seen a Disney Parks Panel?
They brought out Dick Van in 2019 to do a performance of Step in Time. Anika Noni Rose did a performance of Almost There in 2022. These things always have songs and celebrities, so don’t be too shocked when Harrison Ford comes to announce Indy in Animal Kingdom after the performance of We Don’t Talk About Bruno.
Ha, good point. I'm usually drowning in my tears over what they've announced is closing, so I don't pay attention to those things.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

BrianLo

Hm. Are we expecting a longer panel tomorrow than the two and a half hours it's penned for?

Dare I say... Maybe some WDW love?

It’s scheduled for 90 minutes, but I assume it will run 2 hours.

Putting all entertainment together was quite a lot. Perhaps only achievable by the strikes. They’re normally been split presentations I think forever (either split animation v live action or streaming v theatrical).

I’m glad Sundays legend ceremony is at 5 😴

Stripes

Premium Member
Hm. Are we expecting a longer panel tomorrow than the two and a half hours it's penned for?

Dare I say... Maybe some WDW love?
It’s scheduled for 1.5 hours (7:00-8:30) which is the same length as every parks panel has been scheduled for in the past. In the past parks panels often wrap early and have a lot of filler, but I think this one may go over.

Tonight was scheduled for 7:00-9:00, but it didn’t wrap till 10.

Advisable Joseph

I think it is very doubtful that they will focus on a police station. It looks like some sort of "We are all part of the Tree of Life" story.
OK, @Loose Pebble and @Fox&Hound now that I said this, they might weasel in the police somewhere into the story, but in the poster for the new movie, Clawhauser the chubby cheetah seems to be a scout leader or a ranger:

Sir_Cliff

I am actually shocked at this. I follow the main broadway forum and see a number of shows every year. This sold well at Papermill (which is a testing ground often for broadway shows) due to hype, but was largely panned.

It was generally thought that the show would need a lot of work off broadway or some other market before it would be a viable production. The hunchback production that had it's own problems but also ran at Papermill was largely much more liked as a production people wished for on broadway.

The performance of hercules in the park in nyc also happened a few summers ago, but that has a much more community theater vibe so a lot of the limitations of the show were more forgiven although people also did not see it as a broadway level test run.
I don't follow these things that closely, but I am also surprised. The few reviews I have seen of the German production have been less than glowing and I thought it also got a pretty poor reception during an earlier British try-out. I guess we'll see if they've figured out how to make it work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom