Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

SplashJacket

Put this IP in the parks right now
Oh no. Oh nooooooooo
IMG_4990.png

Guys! I have some very exciting news! Disney juked us out big time! The whole "firework" show thing was just a farce! And here we were thinking they were ruining Epcot! The future is bright!

View attachment 523672

wutisgood

I am actually shocked at this. I follow the main broadway forum and see a number of shows every year. This sold well at Papermill (which is a testing ground often for broadway shows) due to hype, but was largely panned.

It was generally thought that the show would need a lot of work off broadway or some other market before it would be a viable production. The hunchback production that had it's own problems but also ran at Papermill was largely much more liked as a production people wished for on broadway.

The performance of hercules in the park in nyc also happened a few summers ago, but that has a much more community theater vibe so a lot of the limitations of the show were more forgiven although people also did not see it as a broadway level test run.

Disney Analyst

I am actually shocked at this. I follow the main broadway forum and see a number of shows every year. This sold well at Papermill (which is a testing ground often for broadway shows) due to hype, but was largely panned.

It was generally thought that the show would need a lot of work off broadway or some other market before it would be a viable production. The hunchback production that had it's own problems but also ran at Papermill was largely much more liked as a production people wished for on broadway.

The performance of hercules in the park in nyc also happened a few summers ago, but that has a much more community theater vibe so a lot of the limitations of the show were more forgiven although people also did not see it as a broadway level test run.

I think this will be most like the recent German production that was a pretty big hit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom